X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MotionJB View Post
    Just letting everyone know we've update the ESC Setup guide on the product pages ...
    Thank you and you're welcome! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
      Thank you and you're welcome! :)
      Thank You! For real, big help. I had been trying to get to the bottom of this for awhile. The minute you posted the list of 22 I was like "That's it"

Comment

• What scale figures would you buy for the gunners etc ??

Comment

• The crew I use in mine are 1/18 scale. A bit small, but they look good enough for me.

Bob

Comment

• Thanks Bomber Bob for the reply ...Where did you buy them from ??

Comment

• Originally posted by stu View Post
              Thanks Bomber Bob for the reply ...Where did you buy them from ??
              They were made by a company named 20th Century Toys - no longer in business. I found mine in ebay. They are very hard to find now. Search for "1/18th scale pilots".
              Good Luck.

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                DK..........I remember the Alpha posting. I hunted it down and it was post #8.
                Yes he did say printed but there was also a caveat which was Motion would stock printed kits(not individual parts) if the interest in this sort of idea was popular. The term "popular" has a wide interpretation.
                Here's a cut-n-paste from that post #8. I took the liberty of underlining relevant aspects of the posting.
                To continue that trend of encouraging Personalization and Customization, we have prepared 3D-Print-Ready files that fit perfectly into the B-24. For anyone with a 3D Printer, we'll be making these files available for download in about two weeks, and they'll be FREE while the first pre-order lasts. These files, just to start, comprise different detail Kits, allowing a modeler to further detail his/her B-24 with interior details. For those of you without access to a 3D printer, there are online companies that offer 3D printing service, and better yet, if the interest in this sort of idea is popular, we are prepared to stock printed Kits in our inventory that will just require paint and some glue to finish.

Ok, I guess I misinterpreted. I did think they were going to offer them for sale for the B-24 but it looks like most of the gang is printing or getting them printed themselves.

Now, would anyone feel like giving me a price for printing the whole bunch? PM me if you'd like. Thanks!

Comment

• With the release of the new F-4 they've said they will offer it's 3D parts preprinted and for sale. I'd like someone from Motion to chime in on the B-24 parts. If it's not going to happen now then I'll look to outsource it.

Comment

• Ahh ha! Post #496 of the RCGroups Liberator thread:

Alpha posted-
                    "We'll be making the files available for download in a couple weeks, for free, on our website. We'll announce here when we do. We'll also be stocking inventory, same print quality as seen here in my photos, in late Jan/Feb timeframe, depending on our congested overseas shipping schedule."

I thought I saw something along those lines at some point in time so I'm staying hopefull we'll hear something soon!

Comment

• The pre-printed sets are on order, friends. We're not doing a pre-order on them; they'll be uploaded to the website when their container arrives (multiple inbound so I can't say definitively when it will arrive exactly). **EDIT** I spoke with Freewing and the B-24 pre-printed sets shipped earlier this month.

The free printable files were posted on this thread in December.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Woo hoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                          The pre-printed sets are on order, friends. We're not doing a pre-order on them; they'll be uploaded to the website when their container arrives (multiple inbound so I can't say definitively when it will arrive exactly). **EDIT** I spoke with Freewing and the B-24 pre-printed sets shipped earlier this month.

The free printable files were posted on this thread in December.
                          My Skyhawk is still missing it’s pilot, can something like that be 3D printed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

My Skyhawk is still missing it’s pilot, can something like that be 3D printed?
                            Yes, you can have a pilot 3D printed.
                            You can even supply pictures of yourself and have YOUR face on the pilot.

I typically just look for an appropriate PEZ head or a figure in the toy aisle. I found a pair of jet pilot figures that were PERFECT for sticking in a 60 inch span "TameCat" Look like they belong in a F-14 with the proper helmets, masks and flight suits at the correct size.

Another time I found a kid's drink bottle with a Sylvester Cat head for the cap. I modified him to use as a passenger in a 3D aerobatic model while using the appropriate scale Williams Brothers pilot for the airplane. Sylvester was having a panic attack. :saywha

You can go for a comic pilot or a scale one. I usually go for a comic one
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20180210_174058.jpg Views:	1 Size:	76.9 KB ID:	117219

These are 20th Century Toys pilots and gunner. I will probably paint the jackets and hats, but getting there. 1/18 scale fits pretty well.

Comment

• NICE!!:Cool:

Comment

• I like the 2oth Century figures for the B-24. The scale isn't perfect, but it is close enough.

Bob Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5805 copy.JPG
Views:	1139
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	117269
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Well, another one finished and waiting for maiden. Having just gotten over a foot of snow last week, it may take a while before our runway is cleared well enough to fly a wheeled plane.
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3031.JPG
Views:	1179
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	117360

Comment

• Must be a good day to announce the plane ready for maiden, pending a big weather improvement. Got mine ready to go. CG is just forward a little but just the way I like maiden flights to be. No extra weight added. Can be shifted to tail-heavy with moving the batteries back. Curious if others are coming in around the same?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180211_170907.jpg
Views:	1605
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	117475Click image for larger version

Name:	20180211_170923.jpg
Views:	1619
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	117476

Turrets are set up on a sequencer.

Comment

• That's a sweet meter! How much for something like that?

Comment

• Just looked it up... think I'll keep using my fingers lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X