• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

Brent, how was the fly in yesterday?

Bob
    Hi Bob,
    The turn out was light. Only 4 Warbird squadron fliers. We did get 3 B-24 up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post

Hi Bob,
      The turn out was light. Only 4 Warbird squadron fliers. We did get 3 B-24 up.
      That is too bad. I hope the March 17 has better attendance. I am planning to come down on Friday and go home sometime Sunday.
      Did you fly your B-24? Any pics?

Bob

Comment

• The fun fly is the 17th. I can't make it. shucks. I wanted to fly with you guys.
        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• When is the next one? I will hold off planning until I hear from the Squadron Commander.

Bob

Comment

• Pmisuinas, your extra turret detailing looks great!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by ruffneckx1 View Post
              Your turrets look great. What did you use for the receiver portion for your guns ? They look fantastic.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post
                When is the next one? I will hold off planning until I hear from the Squadron Commander.

Bob
                Hey Bob, We had a good turnout Saturday with 8 members attending (Tony, Evelyn, Brent, Corey, Ric, Tim, Johnny, and Steve). The next event is Mar 17th. I'll send out an email a week prior. Here's two photos taken Saturday, after two of the B-24s were put away.

Comment

• pmisuinas ....thanks for the info. I'll look into them.

Woody

Comment

• Welcome. I think they are well worth it...Pete M

Comment

• Control Board/RX Wiring Question...

I've assembled several aircraft but this one has me a bit stymied. I'm somewhat a newbie to RC flying so still in the learning phase in a lot of respects. The B-24 is my first 4 engine/motor aircraft. I'm at point of installing the RX (an Admiral 600SP gyro) after attaching the left/right wing wiring to the control board in the fuse.

The question I have is: where does the small plug go on the ESC/UBEC cable as I circled in the pic? I'm assuming the plug on the ESC/UBEC is a power plug for the RX (?) but just am not sure what channel connection it would be used on the Admiral RX. All plugs are in their proper place on the control board connections going to the RX and all channel connections are filled on the RX. The GEAR, RUDD, ELEV, AILE and THRO ports on the RX are self-explanatory, however, the AUX and the BIND/AUX2 aren't so much.

I've watched Pilot Ryan's build video for the B-24, calibrating the ESC's on the B-24 and also all the videos he's done on the Admiral RX in regards to setup and his flight test but it still isn't clear where the plug on the ESC/UBEC cable goes. Obviously I'd rather show my ignorance than burn up a component.

I hope what I'm asking is clear and I'll bet it's a simple solution that I'm just not grasping.

Thanks for any help for the handicapped...

Rod

Comment

• Here's another video from the B-24 formation flight during the annual Arizona Electric Festival held last weekend in Mesa Arizona...

TWO FlightLine RC B-24 Liberators are joined by Barrett Hochhaus' HUGE scratch-built B-24 "Lola II"!

During the flight we discuss the history of the B-24 Liberator and also the infamous Ploesti Raid, and give credit to those brave pilots and aircrews...

Enjoy the Show!

Comment

• Originally posted by ArielCrusader View Post
                          Control Board/RX Wiring Question...

I've assembled several aircraft but this one has me a bit stymied. I'm somewhat a newbie to RC flying so still in the learning phase in a lot of respects. The B-24 is my first 4 engine/motor aircraft. I'm at point of installing the RX (an Admiral 600SP gyro) after attaching the left/right wing wiring to the control board in the fuse.

The question I have is: where does the small plug go on the ESC/UBEC cable as I circled in the pic? I'm assuming the plug on the ESC/UBEC is a power plug for the RX (?) but just am not sure what channel connection it would be used on the Admiral RX. All plugs are in their proper place on the control board connections going to the RX and all channel connections are filled on the RX. The GEAR, RUDD, ELEV, AILE and THRO ports on the RX are self-explanatory, however, the AUX and the BIND/AUX2 aren't so much.

I've watched Pilot Ryan's build video for the B-24, calibrating the ESC's on the B-24 and also all the videos he's done on the Admiral RX in regards to setup and his flight test but it still isn't clear where the plug on the ESC/UBEC cable goes. Obviously I'd rather show my ignorance than burn up a component.

I hope what I'm asking is clear and I'll bet it's a simple solution that I'm just not grasping.

Thanks for any help for the handicapped...

Rod
                          You can plug it into any unused channel on the receiver, if you don’t have a free channel then you can use the bind plug port once you’ve bound the transmitter.

some guys will also use a Y connector on the bind port.

Comment

• Here is a link to a page on the 90th bomb group. My dad was an engineer on either the Queen Mae or Queen Ann - I have to check my records.

Dad also told me that their "replacement" plane was silver, not olive drab. The photo of the Queen Mae in this collection backs this up. Dad said that the silver planes came over not painted, as the olive planes were several hundred pounds heavier with the weight of the paint on the planes. On the first bombing raid on either Borneo or Palau, Dad's plane (the non-painted one) was the first plane to return from the mission. Evidently Stars and Stripes was there, and a newsreel was filmed of them returning and being given a beer. I have tried in vein to locate the film footage. He said that after the raid, the formation broke and everyone headed home. Since their plane was newer and not painted, they were the first plane back.

Lots of pics:
                            A collection of photos of the 90th Bomb Group whilst stationed throughout the Paciifc including Australia.

Comment

• That is awesome rogbmw. Thanks for posting. I love personal connections to models. That is like the seventh heaven of modeling when you get to know or knew the people that actually flew the model you have. Tribute models are the best.
                              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• I am thinking of adding this bird to my fleet, and have a question for owners, Is it possible to mod and add bombay doors in the center fuse? My LX B-25 already incorporates workable doors and get a blast out of dropping parachutes and water bombs, the kids absolutely love it

Comment

• Just finished my B-24 and added some paint to help visibility and some of Callie's outstanding graphics. She made the skeleton on the tail in black along with a new pin-up girl I sent her from a low res picture I had. What an artist she is. The teeth are from her Tubarao collection. Only negative is they should have included lighting. One retract was bad but Motion sent me a new one asap, they are the best at customer service. I installed the suspension struts on the mains as well, very nice since it comes with an axel that is held in with a set screw, like the 1600mm Spitfire. No more c clamps, now changing wheels takes 15 seconds with no worries of the wheels coming off on landing or a c clamp flying out of sight when removed. The wheels are nice, but still foam and don't fair well on asphalt runways after 10-15 runs, so am changing to the Hanger 9 ProLite 3 1/4 rubber wheels (same can be used on the Spitfire) for the mains and the Robart 2 3/4" for the nose with a 5/32 dura collar replacing the c clamp. Just a couple of washers to center. Also installed the Mr. RC Aspire card with the multi engine pack and 2 TT-25s. The speakers were installed just in front and below the main spar going through the fuselage, leaving just enough room for the wire harness to come through without getting burnt. Added heat sinks to the speakers, a must. The Aspire card is behind that. Kind of tight spacing with the heat sinks but manageable. With the sound equipment being behind the CG, the plane balanced perfectly with 2 4000mah almost all the way forward with no extra weight. Touch up paint is courtesy of SPUD 37 in his post on Dec 30th #688. The paint specs are from home depot and they are the exact color and finish to the original-thanks for saving me hours of time searching through all of testors paints like I did for the Spitfire. Now have to figure out how to transport this without breaking the guns off. My truck is usually hauling 5-6 planes out at a time, including a Beast 60 with wings attached and the Spitfire and a 1700mm P-51, so they all have to play nice for the ride. Can't wait for the wind to subside to maiden this beastie. Just wish Motion would get some more props in stock.
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Here are photos of the installation of the TT-25's and the sound card. I really needed to bundle the wires so everything fit.
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Wow! Very nice Hugh! :Cool:

Comment

• Hugh, that looks really great!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                          That is awesome rogbmw. Thanks for posting. I love personal connections to models. That is like the seventh heaven of modeling when you get to know or knew the people that actually flew the model you have. Tribute models are the best.
                                          100% agreed, thanks for sharing, rogbmw! It is true that paint added lots of weight, so in later years as the air war's momentum swung over several types were delivered in silver. We see this with earlier OD green P-51Bs versus silver P-51Ds, early green P-47 razorbacks and later silver P-47 bubbletops, other fighters, and also into the medium and heavy bomber types.

Comment

Working...
                                          X