X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kevinnikki35@yahoo.com View Post
    Anyone want a B 24 CHEAP. I'm done with it and motion rc. They really suck with their parts inventory. Had my bomber for month and flew it exactly twice. What a bush league company.
    :Not-Talking:
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Anyone want a B 24 CHEAP. I'm done with it and motion rc. They really suck with their parts inventory. Had my bomber for month and flew it exactly twice. What a bush league company.
      Welcome to Hobby Squawk...
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• You can't please everybody. I gotta think he goes ballistic trying to get parts from HobbyKing!:Scared:

Comment

• One just has to ask the question .................. "After only flying it twice, why does he need parts?". If he can't fly, why get such a pricey, complicated plane? I've had mine for 4 months and have only flown it twice, not that time is of any relevance here. Mine flew great, no crashes, no damage, no need for parts.

Comment

Sure, were are you located.
            AMA 424553

Comment

• Roger that. How much?? I have a ton of parts...And have not used one of them yet... thanks.

Comment

Wow 1st post. Your sediments are not the norm with Motion. Guess you can't please everyone.

Mike
                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Hey Kevin, welcome to the squawk! Have you read any of the official b-24 postings, or any postings? There are great fellow hobbyists on these forums, and we help each other out when parts or advice are requested. It really is remarkable! Please introduce yourself. And tell us what specific parts you need. The manufacturer sometimes has trouble meeting the demand, and they took a long holiday, me thinks.

Comment

• Kevin,

Really surprised at your comment. I’ve been a customer of Motion RC since their early beginnings and have never had a bad experience. Over 20 planes purchased. In fact, I consider MRC my LHS. Great product line-up and unmatched service & support.

First time in years I’ve heard a negative comment about MRC. What part(s) do you need ?

Love my Liberator, Yak-130, BAE Hawk, A6, A4, A10, F5,F18, F16, P-51 Voodoo, Mossy, P-51 BBD, QQ, F105. F7F,F22, F35, etc.

Good luck to ya

Hawk
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Wanted to share something with all you lovers of the Libby.
                      I learned of this via an email from my dad..............here's an excerpt.
                      This is one of the best and most informative clips about a great American accomplishment, thanks to the Ford Motor Company during WWII.
                      A Ford Airplane! AMAZING!
                      Production began here 6 months BEFORE Pearl Harbour! Henry Ford was determined that he could mass
                      produce bombers just as he had with cars, so he built the Willow Run assembly plant and proved it.
                      This was the world's largest building under one roof at the time. This film will absolutely blow you away,
                      one B-24 every 55 minutes! Ford had its own pilots to test them. And no recalls!
                      ADOLF HITLER HAD NO IDEA THE U.S. WAS CAPABLE OF THIS KIND OF THING.

B-24 Liberator Willow Run Assembly Plant - YouTube
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• My Dad was in one of the first B-24 groups to head over. After basic at Sheppard Field in Wichita Falls, he was sent to the Consolidated factory in San Diego. Then over on the Queen Mary to Hartwick with the 93rd Heavy Bombardment Group / 409th Bomb Squadron( Ted’s Traveling Circus). Hartwick to Libya back to Hartwick then back to Tunesia ( Polesti raid launch point) then back to Hartwick. He was a crew chief, essentially an A&P in today’s vernacular.

I’m a member of the reunion group. It’s even on Facebook. One of the few B-24 reunion grouos out there. Only a few actual WW-2 guys remaining but is continued on with surviving family members.

Ford was a huge contributor amongst the 3 plants making the Lib. Love that vid. Over 18,000 made in total , far exceeding the B-17 production. Just didn’t get the same press as most of the B-17 squadrons were based in S England and the press was too lazy to travel North.
                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• The dude shown was in the nose turret when it got a little kiss on the cheek.

Comment

• Willow Run is just east of Detroit.

The Yankee Air Museum is based at Willow Run, and during the past few years they worked to save part of the original bomber plant to become their new museum. The "Thunder over Michigan" air show is held there each year in late August and is a fantastic warbird airshow. Each year they have a "theme" and they also have a "ground war" reenactment with tanks and infantry (with air support!). Several years ago they brought in ALL of the flyable B-17's (except Sally B which is in England) and had them all running on the ramp at the same time. B-24 "Diamond Lil" did a knife-edge display pass past the entire line. I'll never forget it.
                            The USAF Thunderbirds are headed to MI! Their incredibly talented flight team performs Aug 25 & 26 at Willow Run Airport in Ypsilanti. Buy tickets early & save.
                            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Ready to maiden downunder :)
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	962.1 KB
ID:	131248Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	131246
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	131247

Comment

• Two to go to Joe Nall in a week. Hope to see others there. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5834.JPG
Views:	488
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	131250

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
                                  Ready to maiden downunder :)
                                  Looking great. Have fun!

Comment

• :Cool:Great job Wesnc and mirored !

Comment

• Awesome

Comment

• Day 652: Got in some flights on "The Dragon and His Tail" this morning...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180505_154454565_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	171.1 KB ID:	131278

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180505_154440255_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	276.5 KB ID:	131279
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I'd like to write a brief report about flying the B-24 with 3-cell packs. (everything on my model is stock by the way, I have Witchcraft)

I was flying mine yesterday afternoon, and started with the 4-cell 3600's that I usually use. As many of you know, the plane is a rocket ship. It will leap of the ground in about 10 feet and has absolute unlimited vertical. Of course that kind of performance is similar to my OS.45-powered stunt plane, but is a little (slightly) uncharacteristic for a bomber. To each his own - for me, it just doesn't seem right flying this plane at speeds that for a full-size Liberator, would be supersonic. So I tool around at low power and that makes me happy. Its nice to have that extra burst when you want it, and say to my friends "hey watch this" and watch their mouths drop.

So I've been wanting to try a 3-cell pack but I was waiting to gain some flight time (and some good weather) before doing that, and yesterday was the day. I used 3-cell Admiral 3600's. One placed in the tray all the way forward, the other one was on top and all the way up front to the foam bulkhead - which placed it out of reach of the strap, but the canopy locked it in nicely (the strap held the wires). I had to push the battery forward like that in order for the model to balance. Its very important to get the balance correct of course, with using smaller batteries that was my main concern. But everything checked out fine and my hypothesis was that the model wouldn't need as much power, since it would be lighter. Less power draw = longer flights. (I didn't weigh it).

Well I'm very pleased to report that it flew extremely well. I was surprised that with the 3-cell packs it still had plenty of power for takeoff, in fact it took off with authority (but somewhat more realistically). And I was able to cruise around at less than 1/2 throttle. The model still flew around at a pretty good clip - it wasn't like it was just plodding along - the only thing that was missing was that it wouldn't go vertical. At full power it would climb at a nice angle, say 45 degrees, but eventually would lose steam. I was able to loop from level flight without any problem at all (it did not need full power to do that). The best part was the landing, when I came in (full flaps on final) I was able to hold the nose WAY up and when it touched down, it started flying again. It was definitely "light on its feet". What a *****cat.

After landing, the batteries were at 3.8 volts per cell - that was a after a 5-minute flight, and its the exact same time and results as I got from my 4-cell pack. (I could fly longer I am sure, I just haven't pushed it yet)

I would encourage everyone strongly that you do NOT have to use 4-cell packs in this plane, its just not necessary. You can save some money and enjoy a terrific flying experience with 3-cell packs. The only thing you can't do is fly "3D style" or whatever you want to call it when you fly this plane like an Extra 330. Maybe with larger 3-cell packs (like a 5000mah) you could fly for a lot longer. Have fun, with whatever you decide to do!

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X