Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two more months and no nose gear doors...

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post
      Two more months and no nose gear doors...
      What did I miss? The B-24 has nose gear door? Mine doesn't. Or did someone say they were making some?

Comment

• I didnt think I ever seen one.

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post
          Two more months and no nose gear doors...
          Never offered to the best of my knowledge.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• They were mentioned at release as being an upgrade part that would be coming soon.

Comment

• Go to post number one.

Comment

• FlightLine RC 2000mm B-24 Liberator

Available in both green and silver paint schemes, each model includes BOTH the -D and -J nose in the box, and includes two decal sets comprising both waterslide and matte vinyl decals. Additional decal sets are available for purchase from our partner, Callie Graphics, at www.callie-graphics.com. A main strut suspension strut is available as an upgrade for rough runways, and a nose door upgrade is also available, although only recommended for paved runways due to the B-24’s characteristically low ground clearance.

Comment

• After 7 months I'd think it wasn't going to happen. Not a deal breaker on my end. That's just me though.

Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I asked Aros and he is checking with Alpha for an update on the gear door status...

Comment

• I've given up at this point; I just find it a mild annoyance every time I look at the plane, since they were promised at announcement time. Kind of out of character for the Motion guys. And, I'm too lazy to scratchbuild them.

Comment

• From a prototype with gear doors...

Comment

• I pulled out my Dad's squadron books from the Jolly Roger's. Wow - so many pictures. I found a write-up on everything from when he was drafted, through basic and engineer training, then on to meet up with the crew and then all 50 missions he flew. There was even his Christmas Card sent with the Queen Mae nose on the front. I showed my wife all the nose art pictures in his squadron books - she thought they looked great, but then said "They certainly would not go now!"

I can't wait to get started on the tribute plane to him. The CORRECT tail number on the Queen Mae was 314. I have the information on it from when it came in service until it was scrapped after the war.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogbmw View Post
                            I pulled out my Dad's squadron books from the Jolly Roger's. Wow - so many pictures. I found a write-up on everything from when he was drafted, through basic and engineer training, then on to meet up with the crew and then all 50 missions he flew. There was even his Christmas Card sent with the Queen Mae nose on the front. I showed my wife all the nose art pictures in his squadron books - she thought they looked great, but then said "They certainly would not go now!"

I can't wait to get started on the tribute plane to him. The CORRECT tail number on the Queen Mae was 314. I have the information on it from when it came in service until it was scrapped after the war.
                            That’s going to be really cool to see!

Comment

• Welcome rogbmw! Glad you are here. Thank you for your Dad’s service!

Comment

• Speaking of B-24's, I've been fiddling when I can. Here's the cockpit so far. Just a test fit which you guys inspired (and are totally to blame for!) My eyes may never been the same:Silly:

At this pace I may maiden it around Christmas :(
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
                                  Speaking of B-24's, I've been fiddling when I can. Here's the cockpit so far. Just a test fit which you guys inspired (and are totally to blame for!) My eyes may never been the same:Silly:

At this pace I may maiden it around Christmas :(
                                  Ha! That is light speed! Great job... :Cool:

Comment

• After I received "the Dragon and His Tail" graphics from Callie, I had to apply them ASAP!!! My plan is to wrap the fuselage back in the packaging and put her back in the box until ready to build. But at this point, I am ready to get 'er done now!!! LOL We will see....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                      After I received "the Dragon and His Tail" graphics from Callie, I had to apply them ASAP!!! My plan is to wrap the fuselage back in the packaging and put her back in the box until ready to build. But at this point, I am ready to get 'er done now!!! LOL We will see....
                                      Nice livery ;)
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I was going to use the silver base for a heavily chipped OD bird, but after seeing the pics of this livery, I just had to try the challenge of the graphics. I sent TiredIron a PM to get the go-ahead, since his was the only one out there that I have seen. Didn't want to step on any toes!!! :Cool: Thank you George for being so gracious...

Comment

• HA!!! I was writing the msg above while you posted too!!! LOL Too funny... But thank you again for sharing the dragon!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X