X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Hey I enjoyed that video, good job! It was cool flying in formation. The flaps on the camera ship were interesting, they were moving all the time. Do you have them mixed to the throttle?
    I don’t have them set up to anything. I was using them to compinsate to the second B-24’s flying. I am glad you enjoyed the video.

Comment

• AND... The Fightline B-24 made the cover of Model Aviation.

(Just arrived in my mailbox)
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Think I finally found my paint scheme. Wanted something different than stock, but still family friendly.

Comment

• How many Motion RC planes does that make now on the cover 4? 5. Way to go Motion. R.
          AMA 424553

Comment

• While she's not yet finished, I wanted to show you guys the progress to date. I do believe my Pop's would have like it!

Comment

• I guarantee it son!
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Thank's George!

Comment

• That looks really nice, Clearblue! :Cool:

Comment

• Not to put myself on report for lack of knowledge, but learning, here it comes. I am printing out the .stl files listed on the website and cannot figure out where they intend for this one to go. Help increase my knowledge?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hmmmmm.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	114756

Comment

• I do believe that it's the bomb sight for the " D " model.

Woody

Comment

• Thanks. I looked back, and the front pages of this forum show the items proposed to be provided. I see where they are placing it, as well as other items.

Comment

• Great morning yesterday to maiden our new B-24.

Flew two Admiral 4S 4000 packs during the 3 minute maiden and had 72% left the packs. Second flight was flown during a gusty 10-12 mph wind and the Liberator handled it like a champ, even during the full flap landing.

Comment

• I have a few questions about the ESCs that come with the Liberator kit:

Is there a downloadable manual for the B-24 ESC?

What is the ESC make and model no.?

Does each ESC have its own BEC? (I assume not since the kit includes a separate stand alone BEC.)

And along those same lines... Does each ESC require 5V power from the +/- wires on the throttle servo cable?

Is there a hardware programmer for this ESC?

Thanks for any help!
                            Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                              I have a few questions about the ESCs that come with the Liberator kit:

Is there a downloadable manual for the B-24 ESC?

What is the ESC make and model no.?

Does each ESC have its own BEC? (I assume not since the kit includes a separate stand alone BEC.)

And along those same lines... Does each ESC require 5V power from the +/- wires on the throttle servo cable?

Is there a hardware programmer for this ESC?

Thanks for any help!
                              Jeff
                              The ESC manual is on the B-24 web page at MotionRC. Not sure what you want to do and why you need the make and model of the ESCs. The only thing you need to do is the throttle calibration and you don't need any of that for that simple process. The plane is PNP. Put in the batteries and it should be ready to go. In the same line of thinking, ESCs work with just the signal and ground wires. The only reason to need a power (red) wire is to give power to the RX, not to take it. You've answered your own question about the BECs.

Comment

• Actually, the calibration process is different for different ESC brands. It can even be different within a brand when they change which software they use (or copy from some other brand)
                                Some brands you go through a range calibration EACH TIME you power it up with the ESC requiring to see a low throttle then a high throttle then low again before arming.

And yes. I am pretty sure that Motion carries the programming cards for the ESCs in the Flightline products. They definitely carry the cards for Dynam/Detrum and Castle.
                                There are some programming cards that are cross-brand compatible. This is because the assorted Chinese brands steal each other's software on a regular basis. (Castle only matches Castle, Jeti only matched Jeti last time I checked)

It is definitely easier to use a programming card than to go by beep codes and yes. its easy to accidentally put an ESC into programming mode and screw up the programming (especially when setting up a new model and throttle is reversed), so having a card is a good idea.
                                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	128.6 KB ID:	114821Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	84.5 KB ID:	114822Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	52.8 KB ID:	114823Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	59.4 KB ID:	114824Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	114825Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	36.3 KB ID:	114826Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	33.1 KB ID:	114827Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	38.6 KB ID:	114828Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	85.4 KB ID:	114829
                                  Maiden photos, taken by Mike Gaasch.

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                    Maiden photos, taken by Mike Gaasch.
                                    Great pics! Thanks for posting, it looks great.
                                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Thanks Marc!

Comment

• Hi guys, I’m going to post this video in hopes that someone will be able too hear what I heard from what I believe was my ESC. And would appreciate your thoughts and insight as to, if I have any issues or not? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• I would advise caution running up the motors for an extended period of time without props attached. It's a good way to burn something out prematurely. I would put the props on, then take it outside and run it up to see if you still hear the noise, and to see if any motors are not pulling as hard as the others.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X