Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice work Bigrc2! Did you paint the bomb bay doors to look open?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post
      The weather at Apollo Field finally gave me a chance to maiden,"Male Call", the livery I decided on doing. Mike Gaasch, our Squadron fotog shot some great pics of taxing out, takeoff and inflights. As predicted, she flew great with little or no trim, though lots of rudder was needed with aileron for turning. She'll definitely be one of the favorite birds in my stable.
      Very very nice!!!

Comment

• So I've decided to use a little more scale Pilot and Copilot. It will require a little surgery to make it happen, They sit a little bit to high. But I just like that look. Sure the crusher hats are cool, just a little large.

Jim

Comment

• I think tomorrow will be the day for the maiden, which means that today is the day for the photoshoot with the real deal. Excellent and easy build and phenominal graphics from Callie made this pretty believeable. In order to get it closer to an 'A' model I had to remove the top turrent and observation bubble. I filled those holes with Foam-Filler and Finish (my first time using that stuff...not bad) and also added a loop antenna on top of the cockpit. I am doing a Satin clear coat as I write this and may still add sand paper on the top of the wing to simulate the anti-slip material on the walkway above the spar out to the engines. I was pleased to find out that like the Tigercat, it fits in the trunk of my Altima with one wing on, so I only have to remove the right wing each time. It also turns out that the crankshaft of a brand new R1830 works for measuring CG haha.

I am sure it will fly just as good as the rest of the Flightline fleet, but I will still be a little bit nervous for the maiden.

Excuse the poor lighting in the hangar, but I had to get some pictures of them together. I will have some outdoor stuff and video from the maiden tomorrow.

Also for the FLRC crew, if you are reading this, the Crew Chiefs of Fifi (B29 in the background of some of those shots) would be very willing to help make a 2.5m B-29 in the future.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180116_141007.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	113373Click image for larger version

Name:	20180116_140610.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	113371Click image for larger version

Name:	20180116_141447.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	113372Click image for larger version

Views:	550
ID:	113381Click image for larger version

Name:	20180116_140913.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	113374Click image for larger version

Name:	20180116_125635.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	113375Click image for larger version

Name:	20180116_140653.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	113376Click image for larger version

Name:	20180116_140414.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	113377Click image for larger version

Name:	20180116_140925.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	113378Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0575.JPG
Views:	569
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	113379Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0582.JPG
Views:	548
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	113380Click image for larger version

Views:	544
ID:	113382

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
            Nice work Bigrc2! Did you paint the bomb bay doors to look open?
            Prowler901,
            No, The doors and bombs are images I got off the internet. With some Photoshop magic, I created the doors and added bombs in the bomb bays. Then I printed them on Papalio White Vinyl paper (self adhesive) and pasted them. I plan on airbrushing shadow from the wings to add realism. It looks pretty cool viewing from below. Much easier than all the hard work making operating doors and from the ground they look real.

Comment

• Very cool setting for the pics! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                Very cool setting for the pics! :Cool:
                Thanks! That is an $80,000 CG machine lol

Comment

• Bigrc2, that sure looks convincing. When I first saw the picture I thought you were holding out on us with some crazy bomb bay upgrade. Good show! :Cool:

Trace, your Diamond Lil is awesome! Good work! :Cool:

Comment

• Could someone please tell me where or what the 4 round pointed plastic parts are used. They are marked plastic parts C I believe. thanks, donnie

Comment

• Originally posted by donnie View Post
                      Could someone please tell me where or what the 4 round pointed plastic parts are used. They are marked plastic parts C I believe. thanks, donnie
                      Sounds like prop centering spacers.
                      Put one on the shaft, then the prop. They should pop into the props with very little effort. Then put on the washer and prop nut.
                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by donnie View Post
                        Could someone please tell me where or what the 4 round pointed plastic parts are used. They are marked plastic parts C I believe. thanks, donnie
                        Exhaust for the turbochargers on the underside of the wings.
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Completed the cockpit today. I'm happy with it. Also have all three turret's working now. Started on re painting the rudder and elevator stabilizers. It's coming along.

Comment

• Get SOME!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Beautiful work, Clearblue! :Cool:

Comment

• Clearblue....where did you get the pilots, they look much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by mirored View Post
                                  Clearblue....where did you get the pilots, they look much better.
                                  They are P 51 pilots from 21st Century toys. Which isn't in business anymore. I found some online for ten bucks each. But that source is also sold out. Ebay also, but I've seen them at 20 bucks? But the company I used, They have some german pilots which could be painted to look like US guys. Here's that link. http://ww2toys.net/WWII-AAF-P-51-Mus...ure-V54686.htm
                                  Hope that helps you?

Jim.

Comment

• Yellow Rudder stabilizer as it comes out of the box. And repainted one to replicate Dad's ship from the 15th AAC 451st BG 725th sq. Graphics are from Callie's, of coarse! Broke out the airbrush this afternoon, I'm not very good with one. But going to try it again! Those guys on Youtube make doing panelines look so easy! It isn't, or it isn't easy for me. ;) But hey, if it's crap? It's acrylic. And windex takes it back off. :)

Jim
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 4923crew View Post
                                      Pictures and video of Some B-24’s having fun in utah. The video is of a flight of two of them with my GoPro attached. Enjoy. https://youtu.be/QuH9oZVVu1o
                                      Hey I enjoyed that video, good job! It was cool flying in formation. The flaps on the camera ship were interesting, they were moving all the time. Do you have them mixed to the throttle?
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post
                                        The weather at Apollo Field finally gave me a chance to maiden,"Male Call", the livery I decided on doing. Mike Gaasch, our Squadron fotog shot some great pics of taxing out, takeoff and inflights. As predicted, she flew great with little or no trim, though lots of rudder was needed with aileron for turning. She'll definitely be one of the favorite birds in my stable.
                                        Looking really good, Brent! Can't wait to see it in person.

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Exhaust for the turbochargers on the underside of the wings.
                                          Ah so thank you sir.... donnie

Comment

Working...
                                          X