X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Callie Graphics View Post
    For anyone interested in an Aussie scheme, Cock o' the North has just been added!

B24 A72-84 of 23 Squadron, RAAF, 1945. The aircraft was piloted by Roger Court.

https://callie-graphics.com/products...h-graphics-set

Click image for larger version  Name:	b-24 cock of the north.jpg Views:	1 Size:	63.1 KB ID:	110580
    Awesome Callie, thanks for creating these for me......I can't wait to get them on:)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1185.JPG
Views:	471
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	110638Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1197.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	110637
    Attached Files

Comment

• Mine made it all the way across the Atlantic and landed this morning. Another delighted B24 owner here!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Welcome aboard fellow Navy vet.
        Please go to the Military Branch Survey and make your mark. ;)
        Survey taken, thanks for the nudge.

Comment

• We had an build day today for the B-24s. LET will maiden his tomorrow. She looks really good and this is perhaps the best foam kit I have ever seen. So detailed, so well made...

Unfortunately, my build was held up by a missing part. There are 2 plastic mounts where the horizontal stabilizer is screwed down to the fuselage.
          My B-24 had only one mount and there was no evidence that one had ever been glued in place.

Oh well, I opened a ticket with MotionRC. I am sure they will take care of it. I am disappointed that I have to wait...

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

You'll love the B-24...hey, I think Bob has gone underground since he got his:Scared:
            I am not intentionally hiding. I am working this week. I did help a friend (Lord Emperor Teng) build his today. It was to be a dual effort. However I had a missing part on my green B-24. One of the horizontal stab mounts was missing and there was no evidence that one had ever been glued on to the fuselage. Oh well, I opened a ticket with MotionRC. I know they will make it right. Meanwhile I was putting the final touched on B-17 China Doll. She will return to the skies on Saturday. Tomorrow Lord Emperor Teng will maiden his B-24. I will go and take some pics.

I am disappointed that mine was not able to be completed but what can you do. Decals are on hand, all three paint colors have been color matched.

I AM READY.

Bob

Comment

• Greetings all. I've been working on my plane all day to change the paint to match the graphics I got from Callie. I'm going to model my plane after one of the B-24's that Jimmy Stewart flew during WWII called Male Call.To do that I had to change the tale colors and paint over the red cowlings. I found a GREAT trick for doing that. First I found that the Hello Frog tape has minimal tack and works for masking most thing as long as you don't leave it on for a long time. Second Since the cowls have a round hole for the motors I found that the cup that the pre-made pudding comes in can be trimmed down to fit. That way you don't have to mask the engine before you paint. Just slip the cup into the whole and mask the sides of the cowl. I'm sure the pictures will make more sense.

Comment

• Hey Bob,
                Sorry to hear about the missing part. No problem with Motion making it good. Got my 24 on Wed. It was on the front porch when I got home from flying at Apollo. You can call me a 'traitor' since Corey Dail has got me into nitro. It's a whole lot different than flying electric. Anyway, jumped into the 24 early Thurs. and had it all together by the afternoon. Haven't decided on the livery yet and will maiden her before decaling. The Apollo field squadron will have four B-24's that I know of. After the maiden flight, I plan on putting a MRC sound unit in. Have any of your guys made plans to put one in? The bomb bay door area looks like the best place for it. I'd love to see pics or an explanation of an install. Good luck to you and Tsukai on your maiden flights and hoping to see vids of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Passholder View Post
                  New here. I have a little info on the Tokio Express. My wife's father (T/Sgt Frank Price) was combat crew. I have a few pictures to share and a couple of pages of his diary.

WOW - another Jolly Roger family member. My dad was the engineer/top turrent gunner with the same squadron in the Pacific. I have all his old squadron books, and they have pictures of the Tokio Express and pictures of all the flight crews. I plan on purchasing a B24 and making an exact replica of Dad's plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by roys001 View Post
                    Greetings all. I've been working on my plane all day to change the paint to match the graphics I got from Callie. I'm going to model my plane after one of the B-24's that Jimmy Stewart flew during WWII called Male Call.To do that I had to change the tale colors and paint over the red cowlings. I found a GREAT trick for doing that. First I found that the Hello Frog tape has minimal tack and works for masking most thing as long as you don't leave it on for a long time. Second Since the cowls have a round hole for the motors I found that the cup that the pre-made pudding comes in can be trimmed down to fit. That way you don't have to mask the engine before you paint. Just slip the cup into the whole and mask the sides of the cowl. I'm sure the pictures will make more sense.
                    Nice trick with the cup. Looks like you did a good job of finishing up the pudding too! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post
                      Hey Bob,
                      Sorry to hear about the missing part. No problem with Motion making it good. Got my 24 on Wed. It was on the front porch when I got home from flying at Apollo. You can call me a 'traitor' since Corey Dail has got me into nitro. It's a whole lot different than flying electric. Anyway, jumped into the 24 early Thurs. and had it all together by the afternoon. Haven't decided on the livery yet and will maiden her before decaling. The Apollo field squadron will have four B-24's that I know of. After the maiden flight, I plan on putting a MRC sound unit in. Have any of your guys made plans to put one in? The bomb bay door area looks like the best place for it. I'd love to see pics or an explanation of an install. Good luck to you and Tsukai on your maiden flights and hoping to see vids of them.
                      Hi Brent! Good to hear that your B-24 is almost ready. Tsukai will be maidening his later this morning. I will get some pics. I hope MotionRC gets me the missing part soon! I may try to fab one up myself...

We will need to have a talk with Scale Dail regarding his petroleum- dependent habits!

Bob

Comment

• Can you describe the missing part ? My vStabs were simply tabbed .
                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by rogbmw View Post

WOW - another Jolly Roger family member. My dad was the engineer/top turrent gunner with the same squadron in the Pacific. I have all his old squadron books, and they have pictures of the Tokio Express and pictures of all the flight crews. I plan on purchasing a B24 and making an exact replica of Dad's plane.
                          What was the name of your dads plane? I also have the squadron book. Finished the painting on my B24 and will apply the graphics I got from Callie tomorrow.

Comment

• Actually like the art on the vertical stabilizer just as much as the nose art.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                              Can you describe the missing part ? My vStabs were simply tabbed .
                              Sure, no problem. It is the rear plastic piece missing in the pic.

Bob
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Happy Birthday to the B-24, it was on this day in 1939 that the prototype first took to the sky, and a legend was born !

Comment

• Happy Birthday to the "Flying Boxcar"! :Cool:

Comment

• I received my 3D cockpit parts from Shapeways printing today and they look and fit perfect, no cutting or anything just fit like they were born that way. Now to paint them and paint the anti-glare patch in front of the windshield olive drab.

I had to go with "Frosted Ultra Detail" for the throttle control and wish I had used it on all of the pieces, the black is "Black Strong & Flexible"

Name:	20171229_200920629_iOS.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	110793

Name:	20171229_201213075_iOS.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	110792

Name:	20171229_202214245_iOS.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	110791
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Where is Shapeways located? They look great.

Comment

• TI, the parts look very good. If you don't mind my asking what material it is and what was the cost? If you'd prefer just pm me.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
                                          TI, the parts look very good. If you don't mind my asking what material it is and what was the cost? If you'd prefer just pm me.
                                          Here's the website, just upload the files and choose the material "Frosted Ultra Detail" and it will give you a cost for each file.
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X