X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post
    Hey guys, Thought I'd offer some artwork for those of you that aren't planning on putting 3D figures in the bombardier/gunner nose position. When I built a HK B-17, I created this artwork. The scale pieces aren't necessarily to scale, but are saved at 150 dpi.
    Looks like you started with my B-26 nose graphic.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
      Here's a graphic to go behind the pilots, just cut the foam between the seat and wall and side it down into place. Printed graphic should be 3.75" X 2".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear_Cockpit_View.png
Views:	1109
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	110937

Name:	20171230_194711045_iOS.jpg
Views:	928
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	110942

Name:	20171230_220018614_iOS.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	110938

Name:	20171230_220105640_iOS.jpg
Views:	871
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	110939

Name:	20171230_220132122_iOS.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	110941

Name:	20171230_170223000_iOS.jpg
Views:	883
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	110940
      Thanks for the graphic. The cockpit looks awesome. One tgubg though, the nose art graphic isn't scaled correctly. The dragons head should be up in front of the cockpit into the anti glare paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

Thanks for the graphic. The cockpit looks awesome. One tgubg though, the nose art graphic isn't scaled correctly. The dragons head should be up in front of the cockpit into the anti glare paint.
        Yeah, I had to move it around some so it would fit in other areas better...it's fine.
        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Here is how I have Mr. RC Sound installed in the Lib. Does it add weight? You betcha ! Do I freaking care? Nope. LOL So stop right there ! Actually, a little extra nose weight might not be a bad thing from what I'm hearing.

Anyway, It's loud , at least loud on the ground. Enough to drive gasser guys out of the minds !

Working on the 3D printed parts and then will come the lights. Do they add weight? Not much. LOL

Part 1 and 2

https://youtu.be/gjCaJsmUhho

https://youtu.be/o3crXLRlIPw

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
            Here is how I have Mr. RC Sound installed in the Lib. Does it add weight? You betcha ! Do I freaking care? Nope. LOL So stop right there ! Actually, a little extra nose weight might not be a bad thing from what I'm hearing.

Anyway, It's loud , at least loud on the ground. Enough to drive gasser guys out of the minds !

Working on the 3D printed parts and then will come the lights. Do they add weight? Not much. LOL

Part 1 and 2

https://youtu.be/gjCaJsmUhho

https://youtu.be/o3crXLRlIPw
            Anxious to see it in person Dave!

Looks and sounds AWESOME!!

Comment

• Thanks Man,

Really should have had a helper. Needed 3 hands. Was scared to death she was going to jump right out of the cradle.

It's still WIP Adding a few more graphics per the full-scale Tupelo Lass. Cool working with the historian from the 93rd. I'm also going to make a valiant attempt to add retractable landing lights and nav lights per Brandonmoon's mod. Been working on the 3D parts. Wish I had miniature painting skills. LOL Might just forgo the Emerson turret altogether because this D model didn't have one. Probably just give those parts away. Seriously doubt I'll ever get to installing bombay doors. That mod is way above my pay grade. LOL Did you guys get one of these? See you soon. Need to get some dates together.
              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• WOW! That sounds really awesome, Hawk! :Cool:

How did you get it to sound like four separate engine starts?

Comment

• Get the multi-engine sound pack https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ine-sound-pack It's engine sound number 6

Comment

• Cool. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                      Brings a tear . Dad was a crew chief. I have to have one in his honor
                      My girlfriend's adopted Dad was a top turret gunner on the Witchcraft. I ordered this the day it came out. I got it on the 29th of December and he passed away on the 25th of December. I was so wanting to share it with him. Joe Abernathy, another hero of that era we've lost. Thank you to your father as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by maddoc1 View Post

My girlfriend's adopted Dad was a top turret gunner on the Witchcraft. I ordered this the day it came out. I got it on the 29th of December and he passed away on the 25th of December. I was so wanting to share it with him. Joe Abernathy, another hero of that era we've lost. Thank you to your father as well.
                        I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure he would've loved that.

Comment

• Originally posted by maddoc1 View Post

My condolences to your girlfriend and to you for your loss . A tough Christmas no less. What a great way to memorialize Mr Abernathy. And your plane, his plane, is basically ready to go out of the box.

Blue skies ,

Hawk

Comment

• I am getting there. Most of the work to make it flyable is done as well as the major re-painting and large graphics. I am printing the 3D parts now, which take a while, but will detail it out at a later time. Need to get back to some larger planes for Spring time.

Comment

• Looks great !! I'm still detailing Tupelo Lass . Major WIP. Wish I was good at weathering. The problem with mine is that it looks like it just left the showroom. LOL The full scale 24's of the day you find while researching look beat to ....

Comment

• Originally posted by mirored View Post
                                I am getting there. Most of the work to make it flyable is done as well as the major re-painting and large graphics. I am printing the 3D parts now, which take a while, but will detail it out at a later time. Need to get back to some larger planes for Spring time.
                                Looks great, I like the livery.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• + 1 on power poles
                                  Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Well here she is with her 100 missions. Batteries should be here Friday. Plan on a maiden next week.

Comment

• Great job, SPUD!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                                        Great job, SPUD!! :Cool:
                                        Thanks

Comment

• https://youtu.be/0jFFqs6rktI Test run before gluing it up.

Comment

Working...
                                          X