X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SPUD 37 View Post
    Hey Tirediron here's one for you. Just a quick jump off topic.
    Nice ;)
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Note: Don't simply duplicate someone else's battery placement. EPO density varies enough that you need to do your own balance tests.
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Hoping my big bass transducer will offset the weight in the front with the 2 TT-25’s. Should be close.
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I got some time today & cut the front turret down , popped in a servo and test drove the setup. It's a little choppy but it works. And it's kinda neat!

Comment

• I must have a lot of paint on the ship because i have 3600's pushed all the way forward with 1.7oz of weight in the nose just forward of the battery compartment. Havent CG'd with heavier packs yet though.

Comment

• Pictures and video of Some B-24’s having fun in utah. The video is of a flight of two of them with my GoPro attached. Enjoy. https://youtu.be/QuH9oZVVu1o

Comment

• Originally posted by 4923crew View Post
                Pictures and video of Some B-24’s having fun in utah. The video is of a flight of two of them with my GoPro attached. Enjoy. https://youtu.be/QuH9oZVVu1o
                Olive Drab Dragon?

TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Bomb bay update....weather cancelled #2 daughter visit, which freed up some time for me to get back to this.

Finished with door redesign (3 versions) and am happy with what I have now, although it might be worthwhile to redo the front doors to match the rear doors (rear doors have one less pin). Had to fiddle with one track channel to get the door looking right when open and closed, 3 of them looked great without change and for whatever reason the 4th was way off--no clue why. Anyway, all fit well now. Worked torque rod installation (3/8" hardwood dowels, as straight as I could find), and door attachment rods. Material for tubes is outer nyrod tube, rod material is bamboo. Used large t-pin to reinforce the rod joint, and Tyvek wrapped around the plastic nyrod and bamboo to add reinforcement and prevent splitting.

Marking the torque rod for drilling, and drilling it straight, have been challenges (no, no drill press, that would be too easy). But did get the first door set up and am able to manually move it through full range of motion. Now need to get the second one in and see just how much force will be needed for both. First one is not bad at all.

And just for a change of pace did a little on the turret...Pete M

PS--Tyvek source--priority mail envelopes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4923crew View Post
                    Pictures and video of Some B-24’s having fun in utah. The video is of a flight of two of them with my GoPro attached. Enjoy. https://youtu.be/QuH9oZVVu1o
                    Great pictures! And, I really enjoyed the video. It's awesome to start seeing the flight pics and vids. :Cool:

Comment

• So got the rear door installed to see how it would work, and works just fine. Now to install a servo...Pete
                      Last edited by pmisuinas; Jan 15, 2018, 10:34 AM. Reason: Added more pictures...

Comment

• That's some good stuff, Pete. Very clever work there. :Cool:

Comment

• Thanks, I finally feel like it's going to work :-)

Comment

• Has anyone had issues with the motors? I bound mine today and have all flying surfaces working but three of the 4 motors don't seem to arm. When I plug everything in, I get 4 beeps from all 4 motors but only one gives the two tone sound ( left outboard). I've rebound the rx, replaced the rx (no change), unplugged / re-plugged the power and signal connectors with out any changes. Any ideas would be appreciated

Comment

• Have you tried calibrating the throttle/ESC's?
                              Remove props
                              Turn on transmitter
                              Throttle all the way up
                              Connect batteries - I had to do both batteries almost simultaneously or two motors would not work right. Had to try several times.
                              Get two beeps then lower throttle.
                              Then check that all the motors spin the correct direction.

Comment

• Took me several tries to calibrate my ESCs as well. I wonder if it would have been easier to leave one bullet unplugged, then plug it in after the batteries?
                                Pat

Comment

• Thanks for the feedback guys,
                                  I called Motion and found that my throttle settings were too high. Trimmed the throttle down and had 3 of 4 working well. Fourth was on braking throttle. I finally went to each esc and programmed each motor individually. now I can't get them to throttle up at all. Will keep on trying until I figure it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by srush99 View Post
                                    Has anyone had issues with the motors? I bound mine today and have all flying surfaces working but three of the 4 motors don't seem to arm. When I plug everything in, I get 4 beeps from all 4 motors but only one gives the two tone sound ( left outboard). I've rebound the rx, replaced the rx (no change), unplugged / re-plugged the power and signal connectors with out any changes. Any ideas would be appreciated
                                    Look at the wing root connection Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1617.JPG
Views:	435
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	113267

Comment

• Is a board in the model handling the function of Y'ing the throttles together? If so, try swapping to 3 Y harnesses.

Noting issues with the boards in some models.

or.. Y the inboards to one channel and outboards to another. (then you can play games with mixing and use just one pair for taxi or have the ability to shut down just the other of a pair when one motor fails in flight)
                                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Got a couple more sets added today...War Goddess, Madame Pele and Thunder Mug

Below are our current offerings for this plane.Not sure what scale your model is?  Check out our Scale Help page to find out.  If your scale isn't listed, no worries!  We are always happy to make up a smaller/larger scale or an in-between size.  Contact Us for a price.

Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24 war goddess.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	113337Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24 madame pele.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	113336Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24 THUNDER MUG.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	113338

Comment

• The weather at Apollo Field finally gave me a chance to maiden,"Male Call", the livery I decided on doing. Mike Gaasch, our Squadron fotog shot some great pics of taxing out, takeoff and inflights. As predicted, she flew great with little or no trim, though lots of rudder was needed with aileron for turning. She'll definitely be one of the favorite birds in my stable.

Comment

Working...
                                          X