Peace on earth, good will towards man:P

Really I'm just haven't drilled all the barrels out yet:Silly:
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Peace on earth, good will towards man:P

Really I'm just haven't drilled all the barrels out yet:Silly:
        What's a Liberator without guns? It's like a toothless abominable snow monster...just a humble bumble.

Click image for larger version  Name:	636474802536310937-XXX-ZX27875-d-rudoph-sweeps-03.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	110350

Comment

• I love the Abominable Snow Monster! :)

The Dragon looks great on the runway, TI! :Cool:

Mine came today! :) Man, this is one beautifully engineered model. From the fit of every part to the finish on the foam. Really superb work by Motion and Flightline RC. BZ fellows! :Cool:

We put on some Benny Goodman and had a B-24 build party. :Party: No decals yet, as I haven't decided fully how I want to do mine yet. But, she checks out mechanically and electrically. Even did some taxi testing out in the yard.

Now on to the detailing. I've printed most of the 3d parts. And, I'll be installing a camera or two in the turrets.

More fun to be had.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MyB-24_122617.jpg Views:	1 Size:	229.3 KB ID:	110362

Comment

• You're so right...this B-24 has set the bar for the large bombers...I hope the others turn out this nice.
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Looks great Prowler!! Hope TI is right, maybe they'll bring out a B-17 for some competition with the HobbyKing, the Collings Foundation owns '909', sure would be something!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks, Gman. Oh boy, a B-17 in the same scale.... Dad and I would be in our glory. :)

Other than "being careful", are there any tips/tricks to getting the canopy off to install the cockpit parts?

Comment

• We already have an awesome B-17 though... A B-29 though, would definitely be a game changer and a must have :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                    Other than "being careful", are there any tips/tricks to getting the canopy off to install the cockpit parts?
                    Disregard. I got it off. I was "careful". LOL

Delta, you would pull the B-29 card. ;) My Dad thinks that would be awesome too. :)

Comment

• What is the scale for this model before I order my graphics? Thanks for your help.

Comment

• I found the answer. Reading is a good idea.

Comment

• Thought I would touch base to see if there are any updates regarding spare parts, upgraded landing gear and 3d printing. I believe it was stated that these should be made available in about 2 weeks after the kit is released. Just wondering if that still seems possible. With the 3d I understood that the actual parts are going to be made available through Motion

Comment

• Our 1/17th scale graphics sets will be perfect for this model.

We just added another set:
                            B-24 42-40402 The Sandman 345th BS 98th BGOperation TIDAL WAVE. B24D Liberators attack the oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania. The bombers flew low to avoid radar detection and dropped time delayed bombs. Out of the 177 B24Ds that took part in the raid 167 managed to attack their targets. 57 B24Ds were lost in total; 5

B-24 42-40402 The Sandman 345th BS 98th BG

Operation TIDAL WAVE. B24D Liberators attack the oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania. The bombers flew low to avoid radar detection and dropped time delayed bombs. Out of the 177 B24Ds that took part in the raid 167 managed to attack their targets. 57 B24Ds were lost in total; 54 over Ploesti and 3 in the sea.

Crew of "The Sandman" on the Ploesti raid:
                            1st Lt. Robert W. Sternfels - Pilot, 2nd Lt. Barney Jackson - CoPilot
                            2nd Lt. Anthony W. Flesch - Navigator, 2nd Lt. David A. Polaschek - Bombadier
                            T/Sgt. William W. Stout - Flight Engineer/Gunner, T/Sgt. Frank Just - Radio Operator/Gunner
                            Sgt. Raymond E. Stewart - Gunner, Sgt. Harry Rifkin - Waist Gunner
                            Sgt. Merle B. Bowen - Waist Gunner, S/Sgt. John T. Weston - Ball Turret Tail Gunner (WIA - 2nd degree burns on lower right leg)

Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24 the sandman.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	110433

Comment

• My Tupelo Lass graphics are perfect ! Thanks Callie !
                              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                My Tupelo Lass graphics are perfect ! Thanks Callie !
                                So glad you like them!

Comment

• Comment

• I have someone local with a professional 3D printer that I want to print the ball turret upgrade to test for quality. Out of the 20 files Alpha made available which specific files do I need just for the ball turret upgrade of the gun platform and guns?

thanks,
                                    Mark

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk Deadenginekids!
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                        "On the runway"

Name:	20171226_173838756_iOS.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	110334

Name:	20171226_173741281_iOS.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	336.2 KB
ID:	110339
                                        Really looks impressive, George! It is going to be hard to hold off on building Cocktail Hour, but I really need to log some flight time with the B-17's. Seeing yours just makes it even harder to hold off on the B-24.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post

Really looks impressive, George! It is going to be hard to hold off on building Cocktail Hour, but I really need to log some flight time with the B-17's. Seeing yours just makes it even harder to hold off on the B-24.
                                          You'll love the B-24...hey, I think Bob has gone underground since he got his:Scared:
                                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                          X