Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the tail on Witchcraft and used the same method I used on my Freewing A-10 to hide the mounting screws.

Mark

Comment

• Zorkahn, that is fantastic! :Cool:

Comment

• Hey, does anybody know what this part is supposed to be for? It is file number 2 of the 3d models. Is it a gun mount for the waist gunners? And, if so, does the gun with the pin on the bottom (file 1) go in it?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by zorkahn View Post
          Finally got the tail on Witchcraft and used the same method I used on my Freewing A-10 to hide the mounting screws.

Mark
          Good headwork! Like it!!

Comment

• Allright allready, can't afford it and definitely don't have room but I just couldn't stand it no mo - OD is on the way :(

Now to contact Callie for the livery.

Comment

• And Zorkahn, I like it. What paint did you use please.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
                Allright allready, can't afford it and definitely don't have room but I just couldn't stand it no mo - OD is on the way :(

Now to contact Callie for the livery.
                Resistance was futile.... LOL

:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                  Delta, you would pull the B-29 card. ;) My Dad thinks that would be awesome too. :)
                  I had to say it :). The B-29 is one of my favorite airplanes of all time, right up there with the 106. Saw Fifi and Doc fly formation at Oshkosh this year, and it was a beautiful sight!

Comment

• Boy, that had to be quite a thrill to see that. They are beautiful birds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                      Boy, that had to be quite a thrill to see that. They are beautiful birds.
                      Was definitely a sight and sound I'll never forget. Hopefully they'll both be at Oshkosh next year as well!

Comment

• New to the blog here. I received the B24 as a gift from a friend I met on a cruise. He knew I was building a Don Smith 146" B24 as a tribute to my mentor of many many years and thought I could use a small/easy one to build and fly while completing the Don Smith. The DS model will be done as the Worry Bird, which I have had the graphics from Callie for a year or so. I just ordered the same graphics for this smaller version. My mentor taught me how to build, fly, precision work and just how to be a better person. He flew B24's in the war and always spoke of the Worry Bird in particular. This is for him. As for me, recently retired after serving/supporting the Navy for 39 years (active duty submariner, Navy contracts and government service). I appreciate all of the hard work that service members have, and still do perform in support of our freedom. Oh yeah, and what a great friend that would send a gift like this in full surprise mode!

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
                          And Zorkahn, I like it. What paint did you use please.
                          I used these paints from Home Depot. For the top of the elevator I used the one labeled upper.

Mark

Comment

• New here. I have a little info on the Tokio Express. My wife's father (T/Sgt Frank Price) was combat crew. I have a few pictures to share and a couple of pages of his diary.

Comment

• For anyone interested in an Aussie scheme, Cock o' the North has just been added!

B24 A72-84 of 23 Squadron, RAAF, 1945. The aircraft was piloted by Roger Court.

B24 A72-84 of 24 Squadron, RAAF, 1945. The aircraft was piloted by Roger Court.

Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24 cock of the north.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	110580

Comment

• MIrored, Welcome aboard shipmate! I'm also a submariner. Great story on your B-24's. That is an excellent tribute, and you've got a great friend there too. Let us know how the build goes on both your 24's.

Passholder, Welcome to the Squawk! Many thanks to your father-in-law for his service. And, an excellent tribute to him doing Tokio Express. Let us know how it goes.

Zorkahn, thanks for the paint information! I'll be heading to home depot for all of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mirored View Post
                                  As for me, recently retired after serving/supporting the Navy for 39 years (active duty submariner, Navy contracts and government service). I appreciate all of the hard work that service members have, and still do perform in support of our freedom.
                                  Welcome aboard fellow Navy vet.
                                  Please go to the Military Branch Survey and make your mark. ;)
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Stopping by THD today to pick up some drab olive green. Going to paint over the v- stabs. Just would not look right placing a big capital B over the red and white stock paint job. Although for best visibility, it's not bad.So, I've been conflicted on this. Trying to make Tupelo Lass as authentic as possible. I take it that all of the included decals including the de-icing boots for the LE of the wings are all waterslides.

Mirrored- I need to take a cruise like yours ! Right about the time MRC introduces the F4 Phantom - LOL

- Hawk
                                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• dahawk, I think the de-icing boots are actually vinyl stickers. I'm also conflicted about the tail colors. I'm going to do "Male Call" and the tails are the same design, but black instead of red.

Comment

• The de-icing boots, the witch and prop decals are vinyl the rest are waterslide.
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Thanks Steve ! Wasn't quite sure.
                                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Working...
                                          X