X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Mike, are you flying from an abandoned WWII airfield in England? Sure looks the part....
    Hi, yes, I fly from a grassed area which used to be the bomber hardstandings for the 448th Bomb Group 1943-45 located at Seething in Norfolk UK (15 miles south of Rackheath where the original Witchcraft was based). There is a small museum here which is kept running by volunteers and based in the preserved control tower building:

Here's a pic' of my B-24 taxiing on the peri' track at their recent open day (I could't fly because of the crowds where I usually take off and land :) ):

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7794.PNG Views:	0 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	326873

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikdys View Post

Hi, yes, I fly from a grassed area which used to be the bomber hardstandings for the 448th Bomb Group 1943-45 located at Seething in Norfolk UK (15 miles south of Rackheath where the original Witchcraft was based). There is a small museum here which is kept running by volunteers and based in the preserved control tower building:

Here's a pic' of my B-24 taxiing on the peri' track at their recent open day (I could't fly because of the crowds where I usually take off and land :) ):

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_7794.PNG Views:	0 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	326873
      Very cool! My dad flew B-24s out of nearby Bungay (Flixton) with the 446th BG.. Do I see nose gear doors on your airplane? If so, did you scratch build them? Looks great!

Davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Very cool! My dad flew B-24s out of nearby Bungay (Flixton) with the 446th BG.. Do I see nose gear doors on your airplane? If so, did you scratch build them? Looks great!

Davegee
        Hi Dave,

This whole area had B-24 bases all over. It's staggering the sacrifices made by so many youngsters crewing the machines, life expectancy wasn't great at the height of the Battle of Berlin. A few of the bases have small museums that have been kept going but many have disappeared now, which I think is the case with Bungay (Flixton).

Yes, I have nose gear doors fitted. Flightline make 3D printer files available for a number of parts and these can be downloaded for free. I had to pay somebody to print the doors for me and fit a couple of servos but the 'plane ships with a servo sequencer and it's an easy mod' to make.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4738.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	326901

Name:	IMG_4737.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	326902

Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for the info and the pics, Mike. Nicely done!

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• My FlightLine B24 in Regia Aeronautica (Italy) colors: it's an historical fact, her RAF name was Blonde Bomber II, a British operated B24 captured in Sicily in 1943, repainted in R.A. colors and used as testbed at the Experimental Aeronautical School in Guidonia (Rome). Later she was sent in Germany for Luftwaffe tests, but was heavily damaged by German pilots and never fly again.

Comment

• My FlightLine B24 in Regia Aeronautica (Italy) colors: it's an historical fact, her RAF name was Blonde Bomber II, a British operated B24 captured in Sicily in 1943, repainted in R.A. colors and used as testbed at the Experimental Aeronautical School in Guidonia (Rome). Later she was sent in Germany for Luftwaffe tests, but was heavily damaged by German pilots and never fly again.

Comment

• Hi all,
                here are some pictures of B-24 I did last year. Both are repainted into RAF coastal command paint scheme. SQN no.311. My one is "PP Z". "PP K" "Kosťa" I did for local museum at 22nd HB.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Prekin , I love that scheme, those are two great looking birds! Great Job! Thanks for sharing.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Thank you for kind words. Unfortunately, that B-24 needs to reduce weight. She flies fast as fighter, not like a bomber.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prekin View Post
                      Thank you for kind words. Unfortunately, that B-24 needs to reduce weight. She flies fast as fighter, not like a bomber.
                      Fly mine in 3 cells. On 4S it was a rocket. Nice job on those B-24's

Mike

\"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• My B24 2x 3S 5000mAh

Comment

• So I just ordered a pair of the sprung main landing gear. For those of you who have fitted these and have some flight experience - is there any significant improvement?
                          Mine has been sitting in its box for nearly four years (I hope it isn't experiencing abandonment issues! ) I plan on getting to it for real in 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                            So I just ordered a pair of the sprung main landing gear. For those of you who have fitted these and have some flight experience - is there any significant improvement?
                            Mine has been sitting in its box for nearly four years (I hope it isn't experiencing abandonment issues! ) I plan on getting to it for real in 2022.
                            It's a great upgrade.

Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Just got mine 2 days ago.

Superb quality and really fast shipping from MRC.

All electronics are functioning perfectly and it's a surprisingly easy build compared to my Flightline P-38.

Won't fly it until next spring.

Cheers 🥂

Comment

• Just stumbled upon this gem of a Liberator vid:

Comment

• This was a first - AM sorties in the model, then an afternoon mx flight in the real deal - and the first time that I have remembered to set up a few photos of the two together.

Name:	20211109_121359.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	329399Click image for larger version

Name:	20211109_121525.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	329400Click image for larger version

Name:	20211109_121258.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	329401Click image for larger version

Name:	20211109_121102.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	329402Click image for larger version

Name:	20211109_121733.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	329403
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Great pics, and your model really looks great as well. I am sure the Diamond Lil crew got a kick out of seeing it as well. Nice job!
                                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• TLewis95 outstanding, you're one lucky guy and the work duplicating the original is exceptional. Hope you got to take both of them home!
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                        TLewis95 outstanding, you're one lucky guy and the work duplicating the original is exceptional. Hope you got to take both of them home!
                                        The big one doesn't fit in the car but we did have a successful Mx flight and we did put her back in the hangar. 😁

Name:	20211016_095701.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	329416

Comment

• I put my Liberator together today, and some of the motors don't seem right. One of them spins freely, but the other three drag and make a grinding / scraping noise. Is that normal?

Comment

Working...
                                          X