X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enzo_K View Post

They just agreed with a discount on my next purchase. We are discussing the details now.
    Persistence is occasionally rewarded, outstanding news.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Persistence is occasionally rewarded, outstanding news.
      While better than nothing, a year ago you would have received a new plane. Motion's customer service management has taken a serious nose dive of late.

Comment

• Man after reading this it's hard to want a motion plane......

That's the nice thing about horizon. They just take care of things. Send pictures and explantation and the refund or replacement is taken care of...

I'll have to put thought into things before I buy this b-24 which was next on my list for the hangar....

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
          Man after reading this it's hard to want a motion plane......

That's the nice thing about horizon. They just take care of things. Send pictures and explantation and the refund or replacement is taken care of...

I'll have to put thought into things before I buy this b-24 which was next on my list for the hangar....
          Buy it. It is a very good plane and a good platform to customize. Get some extra props as it is easy to strike the outboard props on landing. You'll love the plane.

Motion is a very good company and they have an extraordinary track record of producing quality planes with quality service.

That said, Motion needs to pay attention and not fall into the trap so many other companies before them.

​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

Buy it. It is a very good plane and a good platform to customize. Get some extra props as it is easy to strike the outboard props on landing. You'll love the plane.

Motion is a very good company and they have an extraordinary track record of producing quality planes with quality service.

That said, Motion needs to pay attention and not fall into the trap so many other companies before them.

​​
            I have never had problems with any of the motions planes / jets that I own. Just bad timing on this report right as I was considering this b-24.

I have 94 flights on my motion f-35 and I've only had it since April... Love thier stuff, but this report of having to battle with customer service is not what you want to hear..

Comment

I have never had problems with any of the motions planes / jets that I own. Just bad timing on this report right as I was considering this b-24.

I have 94 flights on my motion f-35 and I've only had it since April... Love thier stuff, but this report of having to battle with customer service is not what you want to hear..
              I've heard very few issues with the B-24 in these threads, I bought 2 of them, the Olive and Silver, and they fly and look outstanding. 8-10 minutes on 2 4S 4000's and I installed a sound system in both, redid the cockpits and added nose and top gunners with servos so they swivel. One even was awarded "Best WWII Aircraft" at one of our clubs warbird events, not easy for a foam aircraft, even I was surprised. Don't get discouraged from getting one, you'll love it.
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• And right now motion is sold out of both the silver an olive..... I'll be watching for them to be restocked.

Comment

While better than nothing, a year ago you would have received a new plane. Motion's customer service management has taken a serious nose dive of late.
                  That is what I was expecting after reading all those nice reviews of how good the customer service is on their website. At least my experience tells everyone what it is now.

Comment

Man after reading this it's hard to want a motion plane......

I do believe this B24 would a great plane if you are not as "lucky" as I am. But also take my experience with the Motion RC customer service team into your consideration before buying anything from them. And I think most people who own this plane bought it a year or two ago. And most of the reviews you can find might have based on a product they received a year or two ago. So be sure to check out post #1733 on page 87. I think Freewing/Flightline might have shut down their factory earlier this year due to COVID. If so, they surely hired some new hands to assemble their products.
                    And again, these are all my own opinions based on all the information and facts I have and shared with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

I've heard very few issues with the B-24 in these threads, I bought 2 of them, the Olive and Silver, and they fly and look outstanding. 8-10 minutes on 2 4S 4000's and I installed a sound system in both, redid the cockpits and added nose and top gunners with servos so they swivel. One even was awarded "Best WWII Aircraft" at one of our clubs warbird events, not easy for a foam aircraft, even I was surprised. Don't get discouraged from getting one, you'll love it.
                      I have to bring this up as many owners' recommendations of this B24 may have based on the product they received a year or two ago. Things might have just changed lately. If you check out my post #1733 on page 87. You may understand what I am saying.

Comment

​​
                        It is a great plane only if it didn't have a failed engine on me. lol. My friend has some serious photos of mine on its last flight. I will post some when he finishes selecting them.
                        And again, I have to bring this up as many owners may have received Their B24 a year or two ago. Or at least they are not all produced at the same time. And things might have just changed lately. refer to my post #1733.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo_K View Post

I have to bring this up as many owners' recommendations of this B24 may have based on the product they received a year or two ago. Things might have just changed lately. If you check out my post #1733 on page 87. You may understand what I am saying.
                          No offense but you clearly have an axe to grind here - your only posts on this forum are in this thread and the other one you started to voice the same complaints.

I get it, you were very unlucky to have a component failure in flight. And it sucks. But thousands of people have enjoyed countless hours with the exact same model you purchased.

To start warning people about potential QC issues based on a single experience is, with respect, not fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post

No offense but you clearly have an axe to grind here - your only posts on this forum are in this thread and the other one you started to voice the same complaints.

I get it, you were very unlucky to have a component failure in flight. And it sucks. But thousands of people have enjoyed countless hours with the exact same model you purchased.

To start warning people about potential QC issues based on a single experience is, with respect, not fair.
                            It is true I only started posting on this forum after this incident. TBH my only source to find this forum is the link from the Motion RC B24 product page. But I've been active on RCU talking about my RC hobby for a while.

Both planes I purchased were out of stock for a while. This suggests they may have been produced lately, maybe after the pandemic hit. And we all know how hard the pandemic hit all over the world. So it may not be the exact same model you received a year or two ago.

I bought 2 aircraft within a month from Freewing/Flightline via Motion RC (B24 and A-6E). And both of them have some QC issues. I'm not sure how many products with QC issues should one RC hobbyist anticipate, to speak about a potential QC issue fairly. But 2 products in a row is a good number for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post

BTW besides some decals were applied inverted on my A-6E. The 2 set screws for its elevators were supposed to be 3x5mm. What I received are more like 3x10mm. Had to saw them off by half, so they are not sticking out by 5mm.

Comment

• I guess each of us as individuals doesn't have much sample size, so all we can do is report anecdotal evidence. My experience has been that I have ordered an uncountable number of planes and accessories from Motion (~25 planes...? I don't know), and never had any problem. I've never called them or emailed them about anything. So I can't really report on "customer service," but quality seems good to me.

Maybe it partly depends on expectation. I've gotten planes from other sources with missing parts, parts that didn't fit, wrong instructions, etc. Some of them were just comically bad - I can rag on ESM because they are out of business, but almost nothing fit on my first and last kit from ESM. With Freewing/Flightline, I have noticed minor things like tiny misalignment, etc, but it is within my expectation for a mass produced foamie. I have replaced a couple retracts and servos, but only after much use and abuse. Mostly I break things the old fashioned way, by smacking into the ground at high speed. I also think the quality is just higher than FMS. I will really impressed the first time I got a Flightline model after buying a bunch of FMS planes. To me, there is a noticeable difference (or at least there was back then...I haven't gotten a large FMS plane in a while).

So I feel very confident ordering these planes. But that's just my experience, based on a data set that my wife would characterize as "large", but statistically speaking it is still small.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
                                  I guess each of us as individuals doesn't have much sample size, so all we can do is report anecdotal evidence. My experience has been that I have ordered an uncountable number of planes and accessories from Motion (~25 planes...? I don't know), and never had any problem. I've never called them or emailed them about anything. So I can't really report on "customer service," but quality seems good to me.

Maybe it partly depends on expectation. I've gotten planes from other sources with missing parts, parts that didn't fit, wrong instructions, etc. Some of them were just comically bad - I can rag on ESM because they are out of business, but almost nothing fit on my first and last kit from ESM. With Freewing/Flightline, I have noticed minor things like tiny misalignment, etc, but it is within my expectation for a mass produced foamie. I have replaced a couple retracts and servos, but only after much use and abuse. Mostly I break things the old fashioned way, by smacking into the ground at high speed. I also think the quality is just higher than FMS. I will really impressed the first time I got a Flightline model after buying a bunch of FMS planes. To me, there is a noticeable difference (or at least there was back then...I haven't gotten a large FMS plane in a while).

So I feel very confident ordering these planes. But that's just my experience, based on a data set that my wife would characterize as "large", but statistically speaking it is still small.
                                  Well said.

Mike
                                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
                                    I guess each of us as individuals doesn't have much sample size, so all we can do is report anecdotal evidence. My experience has been that I have ordered an uncountable number of planes and accessories from Motion (~25 planes...? I don't know), and never had any problem. I've never called them or emailed them about anything. So I can't really report on "customer service," but quality seems good to me.

You are right on this one. I guess I am just being really lucky. LOL

Comment

• Hey Enzo_K , I was sorry to read about your B-24 experience, but I believe you and Martin were able to work something out and was happy to see it. Hope you get the B-24 fixed up and have another go. She's a beauty in the sky.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                                        Hey Enzo_K , I was sorry to read about your B-24 experience, but I believe you and Martin were able to work something out and was happy to see it. Hope you get the B-24 fixed up and have another go. She's a beauty in the sky.
                                        Thanks, James . Will do. Here are some shots from her last flight. I will try to make the next one as beautiful as this one. Feel free to use these photos on your product page.
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	028A1806.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	288696Click image for larger version

Name:	028A1768.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	288697Click image for larger version

Name:	028A1808.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	288698

Comment

• I would love to see some detailed pictures of others’ paint jobs on the 3D plastic parts kit for the B-24 Liberator. I’m about ready to begin painting my set as I am building my new Liberator. Hopefully others see “imitation as the sincerest form of flattery”. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...
                                          X