X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

LB, yes they originally had the B24 in both Olive and Silver. I got one of each and the silver was actually my favorite, although it got destroyed by a 1/5th scale turbine F16 at a flying event, no survivors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190330_142905.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	399661

Here you can see the fate of the Silver B24. I like the position of the port main gear up in the air above what's left of the ship.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20201012-WA0000.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	399662
    Hugh, I've only flown my silver B-24 twice, on a cloudy day. I was having a bit of trouble seeing it against a cloudy sky. Was your green one easier to see when you flew it?
    ---
    Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

LB, yes they originally had the B24 in both Olive and Silver. I got one of each and the silver was actually my favorite, although it got destroyed by a 1/5th scale turbine F16 at a flying event, no survivors.
      Hugh, I do certainly recall the 'unplanned disassembly' of your beautiful B-24, though it is dreadful to see the photos once again.

Blue on blue incidents are never good, usually avoidable, and happen too frequently IMHO.

I trust those responsible were at the least apologetic.

Are/did you replace the Liberator?

Respectfully, Steve
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

Hugh, I've only flown my silver B-24 twice, on a cloudy day. I was having a bit of trouble seeing it against a cloudy sky. Was your green one easier to see when you flew it?
        Oxotnik, my guess is that it was easier to see by everyone with the exception of the 'fast mover' pilot. Best, LB
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

Yes, the green and splash of yellow were very easy to see, of course until it ended up in pieces, and then it turned into a blur! I did not replace the silver B24 Elbee since I still had the olive one. Was planning on it, but never got around to it and ended up getting a bunch of other aircraft that came out and just kinda moved on. And the other pilot was not all that apologetic, his comment was just happens. And he had a spotter (I think it was Stevie Wonder) and decided to wow the crowd with a low high speed pass over the runway (which was against the rules for the event) despite the fact I had called "Landing", which he had acknowledged. He later said he thought I had already landed, the stupid . He then claimed he had about $2,000 in damages, the poor soul!
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Viper owner having a self inflicted pity party. $2K in damage? I buy that if the work was done at a Ferrari Dealership. Still hate to see your loss or any loss for that matter when it is avoidable. Best, LB
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
            X