Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 2 4cell 5000's fit in this plane?

Comment

• I meant by 6cell, use a y harness to run the plane on one battery giving the equivalent of 2 3cells but I understand now this won't work

Comment

• A member at my club recently purchased the Flightline B-24. I know the model has been out for a while, but it still generated a good deal of interest at the club.

I took some photos of his maiden flight, which went great by the way, and used one to create this WW II War Bonds poster.

JB

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
          A member at my club recently purchased the Flightline B-24. I know the model has been out for a while, but it still generated a good deal of interest at the club.

I took some photos of his maiden flight, which went great by the way, and used one to create this WW II War Bonds poster.

JB
          Nice photo and poster! You did a good job using settings that let the props have the blurry look, versus the dreaded rookie "frozen prop" using too high a shutter speed. Well done!

Comment

• New pilot for the B-24 Liberator.... Just got mine today and have a question for you all? Description states 2 sets of decals for each paint scheme which mine is the Olive Drab version. When I opened the box I was surprised to see the Witchcraft decals already applied (no 2 sets of decals) and all the control surfaces have the linkage installed as well. Did I get a demo plane or are all the Olive Drab planes coming this way? No biggie cuz it saves me time on the bird, but just wondering....

Comment

• Most of the planes that used to have choices now come with a set pre applied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                Most of the planes that used to have choices now come with a set pre applied.
                I prefer no decals applied as I normally do a custom scheme.

Mike
                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Has anyone switched out the main wheels/tires and nose wheel to a low bounce version? The stock tires seem very hard and I fly off grass and have updated many of my planes with low bounce tires and it helps. Thx

Comment

• A new bird joined my fleet today with 2 good maiden flights. And she is not a jet!
                    She is a Flightline B-24 Liberator from Motion RC. Did some minor mods like suspension main gears with low bounce tires and low bounce tire on the nose wheel as well. She has Master Airscrew 8X6 props with a AR10360T Spektrum Receiver and powered by 2 -4S 3300mah batteries. Of course there are 3 coats of MinWax Matte finish on her for added protection. Very little trim needed for 2 good flights and she will be in the air again soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3981.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	344.0 KB
ID:	387840 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3986.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	474.8 KB
ID:	387841 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3983.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	338.9 KB
ID:	387839

Comment

• Not a jet except on 4S she is Haha
                      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                        Not a jet except on 4S she is Haha
                        No joke this thing on 4S is ridiculous. 3S is the way to go.

Mike
                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I have the “green version” color scheme B-24,does anyone know the exact color match for touch ups?
                          thanks,
                          Sean Epps

Comment

• Originally posted by seanepps67@yahoo.com View Post
                            I have the “green version” color scheme B-24,does anyone know the exact color match for touch ups?
                            thanks,
                            Sean Epps
                            Motion RC sells the touch up paints but I also went to Home Depot with a color sample and had them mix some up. Perfect color matches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

As a Private Pilot I have flown many types of planes. This B-24 Surprised me on the second flight.I came in for a low pass with flaps and gear down to see how she responded on throttle up I was climbing out and put the flaps up and it stalled about 30 ft. up, but I was ready for some thing like that to happen.Here is the hat cam video I made of that flight. right around three minutes into the flight is where the stall happens. Since then I have flown the crap out of the B-24 once I got fimiliar with the flght characteristics.Every plane I fly I try to take up and do Power on stalls, Power off stalls, and many other flight conditions https://youtu.be/L9T_ua_8s9g
                              That dive wasn't a stall - it was from overspeeding the flaps. Basically you went too fast - full throttle - before retracting the flaps. I practice go arounds a lot in the model, adding half power, then bringing the flaps half way up. The real one will do the same thing above about 115kts with the flaps at 40 degrees. Play with it up high at altitude. Fly around with full flaps then add full power and it will do the same thing without you raising the flaps. I think it is awesome that the model's airfoil is scale enough to demonstrate this un-ideal quality that the real airplane has.

Comment

• Late to the game. I maidened my B-24 yesterday, plus a follow-on flight. No surprises. She wanted to drag her tail through the turns, but responded well to heavy rudder, slight aileron, and a little down elevator. Flew her twice (pair of 4S-4AH batteries). She is fast on 4S, as you guys have said. It was a blustery day yesterday and I kept my speed up. On a low-wind day, I expect that I'd probably cruise at 1/3-ish throttle for reasonable scale speeds. The winds made landings difficult, and I did quite a few go arounds. I bounced both landings a bit and will very likely upgrade to the oleo Mains. Also flew my B-25 a half-dozen times. I really love the B-25!

Name:	20240324_154456.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	399603
                                ---
                                Warbirder

Comment

• Oxotnik, Nicely done, great looking Liberator. I suspect that is a repaint in silver. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                    Oxotnik, Nicely done, great looking Liberator. I suspect that is a repaint in silver. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                                    LB, my B-24 is stock silver. I am still waiting on a set of decals from Callie, to complete teh livery.
                                    ---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

LB, my B-24 is stock silver. I am still waiting on a set of decals from Callie, to complete teh livery.
                                      Thanks for the quick reply. I did not know there is an OEM Silver Livery. Look forward to many more pictures. Best as always, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Looking good, Oxotnik! What Bomb Group colors are you going to paint it up in?

Cheers,

Davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Thanks for the quick reply. I did not know there is an OEM Silver Livery. Look forward to many more pictures. Best as always, LB
                                          LB, yes they originally had the B24 in both Olive and Silver. I got one of each and the silver was actually my favorite, although it got destroyed by a 1/5th scale turbine F16 at a flying event, no survivors.

Name:	20190330_142905.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	399661

Here you can see the fate of the Silver B24. I like the position of the port main gear up in the air above what's left of the ship.

Name:	IMG-20201012-WA0000.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	399662

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                                          X