Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why on earth do they think they have to put those toyish looking, exaggerated panel lines on the planes?!!! Really turns me off! :Angry:Doc

Comment

• I got the chance to see George's B-24 in person today and it is a big beautiful bird. Looks very well designed. Everything fits together well.

Comment

• With that front view of B-17 & B-24 in line really shows the mass this thing has !

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
          :Cool:I know I am Grossman, I only use lemons now (for at least two years) simple to use, reliable, excellent price point & I love being able to dial up or down the stabiliser sensitivity in flight! :Cool:
          Another vote for Lemon receivers. All of my planes use the lemon receivers (35+ a/c) either the Lemon 7 ch w/ stabilizer or the 10 channel. I think I only have one B-17, The Duchess, with the Lemon 10 channel. I needed it for my bomb bay and bomb drop set-ups.

Bob

Comment

• It's great when a product comes along that shakes the status quo. Lemon Receivers and the B-24. As for panel lines, that was the first thing I noticed as well. Now, that could be because of the light causing shadow in the photograph. Maybe George can give us his opinion.
            If it turns out that the panels lines are exaggerated, that would mean filling in the panel lines and a complete repaint. That was a problem with the Hobby King B-17 v 1 if I remember correctly.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• I'm not a fan of lemon receivers. I appreciate that Spektrum is overpriced relatively, but around here, the guys flying lemons are losing more planes. Is it the radio or the pilot? Usually it's the pilot, but i don't want to go cheap on a plane this nice especially after all the hours invested in paint schemes and scale details.

Still undecided about powersafe vs std receiver.

I am starting to settle in on a,formation ship scheme.

Comment

• Yeah sucks when 2 $130 spektrums shut down on you and you loose planes as well. But I'm placing the blame on the dx8. The planes went around 200M then fell out of the sky without control. Also 1 lemon did the same at around the same distance. So definitely the radio and not receivers.

Comment

• Lemons are okay IMO. But I have a handful of them that are totally dead. Won’t bind. Won’t even blink. Not the total nirvana for rx’s. Just my experience. Maybe not everyone’s. I still use them. Clearly cheaper though.

I still place Spektrum in my higher value planes just for peace of mind. One less thing to blame when I crash something. lol

Maybe the new Admiral/ Lemon is better
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Yes! Both of my spektrum receivers were in $1500+ fpv systems. One was a total loss and the other is still in the trees behind the house somewhere. :/

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                      Yes! Both of my spektrum receivers were in $1500+ fpv systems. One was a total loss and the other is still in the trees behind the house somewhere. :/

I've had problems with FPV if the video transmitter is anywhere near the receivers, in particular the gps receiver. Blanket out the gps and you're done regardless of receiver used

Comment

• Indeed, in the past 2 years with the same planes, I normally can fly 8-900M until about 3 weeks ago everything dropped to about 200m max time.

Comment

• Anyway with that said back to the regularly scheduled program...

Comment

• Hey my workbench is cleared, well, mostly... (Its amazing actually, first time I've seen it clean since around this time last year) and I'm looking for something new to put on it.
                            Where's that B24? Where's that P61? Where's that F4antom? LOL

Just relaxing, watching the game....

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171203_213609.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.4 KB ID:	107007
                            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Ack! I can't watch those games anymore. But another topic another place... I'm looking forward to being able to fly and build again myself. Since alot of crappy stuff happened the last few weeks. My only vehicles engine blew, and my dx8 died. Lately I just wanna hide under a rock until this luck passes, but the rock would fall and crush me. Lol

Comment

• Yet another set, Double Trouble!

Double Trouble     41-29385        467th Bomb Group, 791st Bomb Squadron

Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24 double trouble.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	107085

Comment

• Well I wanted Day 500 of my daily flying exercise to be special so I maiden-ed the B-24!

Name:	20171204_204319612_iOS.jpg
Views:	967
Size:	383.9 KB
ID:	107114

She took off easily in about 75' as I eased back on the elevator, I used the recommended rates on the first flight then dialed in the ailerons some and added in some rudder mix for the second. The B-24 is very predictable and responds as you would expect...except where the throttle is concerned, she is a rocket ship! She will cruise easily at 1/3 throttle and is faster than scale at 1/2...I'm serious when I say she would probably out run some of my jets. I got 3 minutes on the first flight and 4 on the second with 3.8 left in the packs. I had a pretty good head wind landing and didn't use flaps and she still slowed down nicely and touched down like a feather, even with a decent flare that low belly never touched.

Name:	20171204_213240462_iOS.jpg
Views:	891
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	107113

The ONLY issue I had and it really wasn't one was that the nose wheel "girdle" blew off on a fast pass...looks better without it anyway.
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• That sounds like a pretty good maiden! Did you, or are you planning to mount a Ball gun? Wondering if there will be enough ground clearance? even with the ball in the "up position". Was looking forward to hearing your opinion about how it Flew.

Jim.

Comment

• Probably will, I have over a dozen of them hoarded up.
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Me too......:)

Comment

• Well done!

Comment

Working...
                                          X