Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The current version of 3DPUP for the B-24-J Nose Turret is very simple to install.

First, slice out the foam in the center to match the width of the 3DPUP part.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171129_161913.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	106169

Test fit to verify everything is snug.

Name:	IMG_20171129_162215.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	106171Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171129_162146.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	106170

Then, paint the 3DPUP as desired.

Name:	IMG_20171129_183002.jpg
Views:	789
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	106168

Glue the 3DPUP onto the foam with an appropriate glue. Do not use high temp hot glue. Slide the clear plastic parts back over the turret, and tack glue into place.

Name:	IMG_20171129_184446.jpg
Views:	814
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	106172
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Done!

Name:	IMG_20171129_184425.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	106174Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171129_184506.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	106175

Super-detailers can add even more detailing inside the spacious turrets.

Comment

• Very nice!
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted7rns View Post
          I ordered the B-24... I checked the status today and it says.... Your order has been canceled

Your order was canceled on November 27. ....

Is that normal for Pre-orders? I have ordered several items through out the years from MotionRC... Just haven't done a pre order.
          Open a ticket, we will surely make sure this gets sorted

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            Done!

Name:	IMG_20171129_184425.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	106174Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171129_184506.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	106175

Super-detailers can add even more detailing inside the spacious turrets.
            It just gets better and better!!!

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by MotionJB View Post

Open a ticket, we will surely make sure this gets sorted
              Here's the link to open a ticket.
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• The 3D parts in the turret are really outstanding, that is a great addition to the model.. I would really like to order a set of these parts. Like I said before, as long as they're produced on a quality 3D printer, because otherwise they may not look so nice. I'd like to get the cockpit set as well. Then I'll have to get an entire army of 1/17 crew figures. And 14 colors of paint to paint them all!

You know, the power to fly at 70 mph is good to have in an emergency, but cruising along at that speed in this plane is completely ridiculous.
                That's a scale speed of 1200 mph, mach 2. Give me a break. What's the point of showing off a scale bomber if you're going to do that. And get the hell off my lawn!
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Speaking of the cockpit, here are pictures of 3DPUP set. Note the console's detail next to the US quarter to get a sense of just how small and precise our print quality is. This isn't the garage kit stuff!

Parts layout

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20171129_160859.jpg Views:	1 Size:	156.7 KB ID:	106198

Test fit. No cutting required, they pop in snugly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20171129_161039.jpg Views:	1 Size:	100.3 KB ID:	106197

Paint with black and quick drybrush. Detailers can do more as you prefer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20171129_182116.jpg Views:	1 Size:	131.1 KB ID:	106196

Glue down the parts, and paint the hood to match. Detail the rest of the cockpit as desired. TiredIronGRB, perhaps a decal for behind the cockpit?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20171129_190508.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	106194Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20171129_190545.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.5 KB ID:	106195

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                    And get the hell off my lawn!
                    Ha ha ha!!!

Comment

Speaking of the cockpit, here are pictures of 3DPUP set. Note the console's detail next to the US quarter to get a sense of just how small and precise our print quality is. This isn't the garage kit stuff!

Parts layout

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20171129_160859.jpg Views:	1 Size:	156.7 KB ID:	106198

Test fit. No cutting required, they pop in snugly.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20171129_161039.jpg Views:	1 Size:	100.3 KB ID:	106197

Paint with black and quick drybrush. Detailers can do more as you prefer.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20171129_182116.jpg Views:	1 Size:	131.1 KB ID:	106196

Glue down the parts, and paint the hood to match. Detail the rest of the cockpit as desired. TiredIronGRB, perhaps a decal for behind the cockpit?

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20171129_190508.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	106194Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20171129_190545.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.5 KB ID:	106195
                      Those details look great. I have no 3D experience so please bear with him. When and how will we be able to get the files. Also does anyone know where I could farm this work out too?

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Here's the link to open a ticket.
                        It has been taken care of. Some kind of a computer glitch, just had to reorder the plane again.

Comment

Speaking of the cockpit, here are pictures of 3DPUP set. Note the console's detail next to the US quarter to get a sense of just how small and precise our print quality is. This isn't the garage kit stuff!
                          That is really fantastic, I especially love the throttle quadrant. This is just getting better and better. AAA+++ I AM IMPRESSED.

Image result for I am impressed
                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Awsome job alpha. Hope a marauder kit is the next warbird. Would also be really cool of you to have a kit available for the widow. More podcasts too.
                            Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Three new sets have just been added! I'm also currently working on a nomenclature set. I should have that available by the end of the week.

Below are our current offerings for this plane.Not sure what scale your model is?  Check out our Scale Help page to find out.  If your scale isn't listed, no worries!  We are always happy to make up a smaller/larger scale or an in-between size.  Contact Us for a price.

Name:	B-24 MALE CALL.jpg
Views:	1047
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	106216Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24 miss judy.jpg
Views:	991
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	106217Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24 sagitarius.jpg
Views:	925
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	106218

Comment

• Ha! I was just coming here to share your new liveries. I can't wait to get Male Call!

Comment

• Ok........................I'm in. :) :)

Woody

Comment

• Anyone planning to install Mr.RC Sound? I'm trying to understand in advance how it will fit. Was planning to install my 4.1 card plus 2 Std transducers, the amp and one bass transducer. Since the fuse halves are already glued together, wondering if I'll have to perform some surgery on the underbelly to find room near the cg for the bass transducer. Any thoughts?
                                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

You know, the power to fly at 70 mph is good to have in an emergency, but cruising along at that speed in this plane is completely ridiculous.
                                      That's a scale speed of 1200 mph, mach 2. Give me a break. What's the point of showing off a scale bomber if you're going to do that. And get the hell off my lawn!
                                      I would rather have the extra power, fly half throttle and fly longer then to fly with scale power and not have it when I need it. R. :)

AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
                                        I would rather have the extra power, fly half throttle and fly longer then to fly with scale power and not have it when I need it. R. :)
                                        Same here. The way I look at it, fly it the way you want. Nobody is pointing a gun to anyone's head to make them fly it at "1200mph". You have restraint, don't you. It's only ridiculous if that's what it is to you. You show off your scale bomber your way and I'll show mine my way. My Dynam B-26 does rolls and loops and flies inverted. The crowd loves it. I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                          Anyone planning to install Mr.RC Sound? I'm trying to understand in advance how it will fit. Was planning to install my 4.1 card plus 2 Std transducers, the amp and one bass transducer. Since the fuse halves are already glued together, wondering if I'll have to perform some surgery on the underbelly to find room near the cg for the bass transducer. Any thoughts?
                                          You should have plenty of room in the upper fuse, it's cavernous in there.
                                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                          X