Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess we know why everyone is out! ;)

Comment

• Another Huge shoutout/thanks to Callie! This is gonna be one sweet bird! Now for the missing piece of the puzzle. (the puzzle itself)

Comment

• Congrats on the maiden, TI! :Cool:

Comment

• You guys have been sending some awesome requests! Here is the next in line, Diamond Lil of the Commemorative Air Force!

Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24 diamond lil caf.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	107274

Comment

• Originally posted by Callie Graphics View Post
            You guys have been sending some awesome requests! Here is the next in line, Diamond Lil of the Commemorative Air Force!

Name:	b-24 diamond lil caf.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	107274
            Ooooh, I like that one. nice job!
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Can anybody tell me what the axle diameter is for the nosewheel on the B-24? I have ordered one, and plan to put in a 2" diameter nosewheel that is more in scale to the real airplane. Thanks, if anyone has more info on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                Can anybody tell me what the axle diameter is for the nosewheel on the B-24? I have ordered one, and plan to put in a 2" diameter nosewheel that is more in scale to the real airplane. Thanks, if anyone has more info on this.
                4mm but if you go down to 2" it will look like it's hanging down too much.
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

2 inch is the proper nose wheel scale for this airframe which is 1/16.75 scale. The mains should be 3.3 inch.
                  If the mains are this size and it is sitting nose down it would be a good conclusion that the L/G is oversized in length.
                  Full size mains were 56"x16 and nose was 35"x10 .
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

2 inch is the proper nose wheel scale for this airframe which is 1/16.75 scale. The mains should be 3.3 inch.
                    If the mains are this size and it is sitting nose down it would be a good conclusion that the L/G is oversized in length.
                    Full size mains were 56"x16 and nose was 35"x10 .
                    If you go to the smaller nose wheel you'll need to shorten the already short nose strut.
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I think once you get one in front of you you'll really like the wheel configuration...especially if you fly off grass.
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• My apologies if this has already been touched on, but has anyone had any luck with a sound system? I love the jets, but don't think I could deny a big scale-sounding bomber. For those that are experimenting I'm wondering what the most beneficial set up would be in terms of number of transducer speakers and bass transducers, 4.1 vs ASPIRE, etc. Seems like some of the reviews cast some doubt. If anyone has a clip, please share, I'd love to hear!!

Comment

• I have a MrRCSound system in my big B17, with two transducers. Its quite loud and does give the effect. I have the sound-file that imitates four Wright Cyclones (it uses actual sound clips) and its not bad. Not perfect, but not bad. It has a "startup sequence" where you can hear all four motors starting up, but they run together very quickly so it quickly mashes together and its not very effective. Once the startup has completed, the motor sound goes up and down with the throttle. It has a realistic shut-down sequence as well. I don't have experience yet with the newest versions.

I have several videos of my B17 but unfortunately the audio doesn't come through well on the video, I mean its not remotely the same as hearing the model's sound system in person. When I fly indoors its terrific. MrRCSound now offers a bass transducer and I may try installing that, the regular ones really don't put out the low frequencies and I think a lower rumble will sound much better.

I would definitely recommend two transducers but it will add some weight to the model, about 1 pound. I don't know how that will affect this model yet (we already know it flies really fast but we haven't heard too much about it's slow speed characteristics yet). My guess is that it will be fine.
                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Thanks for the info. I will at least play around with it a little to see if it would work for me. If not, I'll just use the wheel that comes with the kit. I don't fly off of grass runways, so that isn't an issue for me, just the scale look, and if a smaller scale wheel would still look and fly right.

Comment

• I'm thinking too that if you get the optional nose gear door set for it, it will look better with the stock wheel. I plan to add that to mine as I fly primarily from asphalt and geotex.
                              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                I'm thinking too that if you get the optional nose gear door set for it, it will look better with the stock wheel. I plan to add that to mine as I fly primarily from asphalt and geotex.
                                Hi Pat: this is the first I have heard of an optional nosewheel door set. I was thinking of making my own, but this would be better. Can you tell me any more on these doors where more info might be available to read or see on them? Thanks

Comment

• From Alpha's first post in this thread:

"A main strut suspension strut is available as an upgrade for rough runways, and a nose door upgrade is also available, although only recommended for paved runways due to the B-24's characteristically low ground clearance."

I thought I'd seen at least one pic with the gear doors installed, but don't remember where. I'll see if I can find it.
                                  Pat

Comment

• Here's one from the CNC. 'Just to give you an idea of what the nose doors look like. Low Clearance!

Name:	_DSC9172.JPG
Views:	708
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	107475
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                                      My apologies if this has already been touched on, but has anyone had any luck with a sound system? I love the jets, but don't think I could deny a big scale-sounding bomber. For those that are experimenting I'm wondering what the most beneficial set up would be in terms of number of transducer speakers and bass transducers, 4.1 vs ASPIRE, etc. Seems like some of the reviews cast some doubt. If anyone has a clip, please share, I'd love to hear!!
                                      Purdue, I've had the 4.1 system for about 3 years. Ordered the multi-engine chip, amp and a bass transducer for the Lib. I will have 2 std transducers,the amp and a bass transducer installed. Looks like there will be ample room. The only problem I have with 4.1 is that on occasion and for no apparent reason, the missing plane alarm will activate. Sounds like a nuclear fallout shelter. Happens at about the 5 minute mark. Somewhat embarrassing. LOL Not sure how to cure this anomaly. I do think sound will bring her to life, especially while on the ground. -Hawk
                                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                        Here's one from the CNC. 'Just to give you an idea of what the nose doors look like. Low Clearance!
                                        That looks great! Will there be door sets in the same container as the first batch, or are they coming later?

Also, any idea when the STL files will be available for the upgrades?
                                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                          Here's one from the CNC. 'Just to give you an idea of what the nose doors look like. Low Clearance!

Name:	_DSC9172.JPG
Views:	708
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	107475
                                          Thanks for posting that prototype photo, Alpha. Fortunately, on the real aircraft these nosegear doors didn't hang straight down, but were splayed out so that ground clearance wouldn't be an issue. I haven't seen the actual Flightline airplane yet, of course, but I think it is entirely possible to do the same thing as I did for the tailwheel doors on the FMS razorback P-47. This was using a spring stretched across the wheel well opening and attached to each door that kept the doors in the proper open position, and then when the gear retracted, the strut caught the spring and pulled the doors tightly shut. It worked great on my plane, and I am hoping I can do something similar with the B-24. I won't know for sure until I get the gear door upgrades and the model to start playing around with the idea.

Comment

Working...
                                          X