Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bancroft PT-596 Patrol Boat - RTR

1/30 Scale PT-596 US Navy Patrol Boat from Bancroft

Conquer the waves with Bancroft, the world’s premier RC Boat brand available exclusively at Motion RC! Bancroft’s line of RC vessels is as vast as the seven seas, specializing in high scale RC Warships, Yachts, Speedboats, and more! Equally at home on your mantle with its included display stand or sailing on calm lakes or pools, Bancroft vessels are made of high-quality materials including ABS, fiberglass, real wood, and photo-etched brass and steel parts.

A PT boat (short for patrol torpedo boat) was a motor torpedo boat used by the United States Navy in World War II. It was small, fast, and inexpensive to build, valued for its maneuverability, speed, and lethality in coastal waters. In the USN they were organized in Motor Torpedo Boat Squadrons (MTBRONs).

Bancroft’s exciting series of warships continues with the 1/30 scale PT-596 US Navy Patrol Boat. Display this detailed vessel on your mantle or astonish your RC boat club with this functional RTR (Ready to Run) RC patrol boat. Delivered Ready to Run (RTR), the landing craft can be operating within minutes of arrival, using the included 2.4Ghz radio transmitter and 2s Li-Ion battery. Only four AA batteries and minimal final assembly is required.

Visit the webpage HERE
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PT596_Hero.jpg Views:	5 Size:	72.4 KB ID:	242406

Click image for larger version  Name:	120559601.jpg Views:	5 Size:	219.1 KB ID:	242408Click image for larger version  Name:	PT596_MoldedHull.jpg Views:	5 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	242412

Armament

Click image for larger version  Name:	120559602.jpg Views:	5 Size:	79.4 KB ID:	242407Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0376.jpg Views:	5 Size:	78.6 KB ID:	242411

Pilot

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0384.jpg Views:	5 Size:	81.9 KB ID:	242409Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0387.jpg Views:	5 Size:	89.1 KB ID:	242410

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Torpedoes

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0395.jpg
Views:	4501
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	242417Click image for larger version

Name:	PT596_Torpedoes.jpg
Views:	4484
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	242416

AA Gun

Name:	120559607.jpg
Views:	4565
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	242415

Motors

Name:	PT596_Triple.jpg
Views:	4510
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	242414

Comment

Reserved for video

Comment

The model's correct scale is 1:24 not 1:25.
        Happy to see it in any case! :)

Comment

This is a great looking model! Can’t wait for the video.

Comment

Received an email from Motion stating the Bancroft boats are on the water. Hopefully, in 4 weeks we will be able to order then.

Comment

Just noticed- "Contra-rotating propellers: Yes".
              Nope. The real PTs had all three props spinning the same direction. This is how I have built my operating models, all 3 same way- and it has no bad effect on steering, just as having a single prop turning one way is quite manageable (in scale models).
              Photo shows a Higgins boat, but the Elcos were the same way.

Comment

Any one have an idea where I could get some 1:24 WWII U.S. Navy Guys to put around the PT boat?

Comment

pdansalvish I Googled "1/24 Navy figures" and this popped up. I haven't used them myself, though, so research further as desired:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/VK...boat-crew-set5

Also, regarding ETA, I recommend checking the website for the latest updates. 8 days ago when we announced the Bancroft lineup, including this vessel, clearly states:

"Product Availability: The estimated time of arrival (ETA) for this product is late-May, 2020. Please click the "Notify Me When Back In Stock" button above to receive an email notification when the product is available for purchase."

Comment

Second the motion for that line of figures at Shapeways. Look in Luis's (aka Holden) shop there, you can find many other figures and combinations of figures.
                    <span style="font-size:12px">YOU CAN FIND SOME MORE MODELS IN MY DIFFERENT SHOPS:</span><br /> <span style="font-size:12px">1st SHOP, GENERIC MODELS: </span><a href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/panzervstanks" rel="nofollow">www.shapeways.com/shops/panzervstanks</a><br /> <span style="font-size:12px">2nd SHOP, U.S.NAVY RELATED MODELS: </span><a href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/panzer-vs-tanks-2" rel="nofollow">www.shapeways.com/shops/panzer-vs-tanks-2</a><br /> <span style="font-size:12px">3rd SHOP, ROYAL NAVY and BRITISH STUFF RELATED MODELS: </span><a href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/panzer-vs-tanks-3" rel="nofollow">www.shapeways.com/shops/panzer-vs-tanks-3</a><br /> <span style="font-size:12px">4th SHOP, GERMAN ARMIES </span><span style="font-size:12px">and SCI-FI STUFF </span><span style="font-size:12px">RELATED MODELS: </span><a href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/panzer-vs-tanks-4" rel="nofollow">www.shapeways.com/shops/panzer-vs-tanks-4</a><br /> <span style="font-size:11px">-THE FEED: This is the side of the web that Shapeways is hidden to users </span><a href="https://www.shapeways.com/feed" rel="nofollow">THE FEED</a><br /> <span style="font-size:11px">-What&#039;s new?: Here you can find the newest miniatures that designers have done,<br /> from just uploaded to older! </span><a href="https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace/miniatures/?sort=newest&amp;facet" rel="nofollow">RECENTLY UPLOADED MODELS</a>

A couple of his figures in 1:16 with one of my 3DP PT guns:
                    ​​​​​​​Click image for larger version

Name:	20160418_192509a.jpg
Views:	4329
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	245511

Comment

Alpha,

On announcement day, I put my name on the mail list to be notified. Also, I want to order an extra battery, what 2 cell is recommended? TIA

Comment

Now this boat has my Interest, About 18 years ago I had the Dumas PT-109 that a friend gave me that was half completed, I finished it and think it had a single 550 size brushed motor with a gear reduction,I even found a bag of army guys at a dollar store that were pretty good scale for the boat, Although the boat looked really good, It was a Slug in the water, Would not even get on plane, It just plowed, Really Big Slug, I gave it away, But this boat with 3- 550 type motors on a 2 cell? I need to see some performance reports before I would buy one of these, As much as I am interested, I am also very cautious about the purchase of this Just because of the 2 cell battery, I have several high performance boats boats now( And I know this is not a High performance boat), AND THIS ONE LOOKS GOOD, But it is not a cheap date, So my money is in if this boat proves out to be a good buy, Thanks

Comment

Those figures look good, Pat! I'll try contacting Luis and see about bringing these into our store, if there's enough interest.

This boat's RTR setup includes in the box a basic 2s 2800mAh battery with XT60 connector. This is what we drove the boats on throughout the majority of testing. They fit, balance, and power the boat above scale speeds for suitable runtime which for me are the primary missions. A 2s 4000mAh high C battery would fit, for those of us using those in our tanks.

I found the twin motors more than up to the task of powering this boat convincingly. In its deeper dive video we'll showcase its speed and handling, from which viewers can decide if that's enough stock power for them. I'm sure along the way, as there always are, some of us will want to increase the thrust through various means, be it more rpm, more pitch, more voltage, etc. But for the masses, I think the stock power setup is well balanced out of the box.

Comment

Alpha- Your PM inbox is full.

Comment

Originally posted by Len P. View Post
                              Now this boat has my Interest, About 18 years ago I had the Dumas PT-109 that a friend gave me that was half completed, I finished it and think it had a single 550 size brushed motor with a gear reduction,I even found a bag of army guys at a dollar store that were pretty good scale for the boat, Although the boat looked really good, It was a Slug in the water, Would not even get on plane, It just plowed, Really Big Slug, I gave it away, But this boat with 3- 550 type motors on a 2 cell? I need to see some performance reports before I would buy one of these, As much as I am interested, I am also very cautious about the purchase of this Just because of the 2 cell battery, I have several high performance boats boats now( And I know this is not a High performance boat), AND THIS ONE LOOKS GOOD, But it is not a cheap date, So my money is in if this boat proves out to be a good buy, Thanks

Slug- the Dumas PT-109 had a really heavy f/g hull. And with a single 550? Reduced? Fuhgettaboutit.
                              When I built my similarly sized 77 footer, I did it in wood at half the weight, and installed three Speed 600s with direct drive. It flew.

Name:	run2k.jpg
Views:	4670
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	245565

All three props contribute to the go-power:

Name:	propsb.jpg
Views:	4432
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	245566

Comment

Originally posted by patmat2350 View Post
                                Alpha- Your PM inbox is full.
                                Please try it now Pat, it should work this time!

Comment

Still getting "Error Can not send message. User Alpha has exceeded their private message quota."

Bad Alpha! No PM for you!

Comment

What type of battery and connector will be used on the ESC? How easy would it be to pull the ESC and replace the connector?

Comment

Hi. I was on a company web site in China that make the same model PT596 the scale they quote is 1:30 their model is same length and width, The scale you Quote for yours is 1:24 . I just want to make sure I have the right scale as I am looking for a crew for this model . I am waiting for this model to arrive in Stock.

Comment

Eggs- the Elco 80 was 80 feet long... do the maths.

Comment

Working...
                                        X