X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hozer View Post
    I'm already having electrical problems with my 3 week old PT built in 4-2022. The first run went well with the stock 2800 2 cell battery with just warm ECS and motors. I ran it again this week end and barely got the PT back to shore. .The stock ECS was warmer and the motors were hot to the touch. Now the motors wouldn't run and it has no steering. The stock ECS has a blinking red light and when I turn the transmitter on first and then the boat power button it beeps twice but not the third time. Is the stock ECS burned out?
    Update- I found the problem, a loose connection on the steering servo to the Rx. I pushed it in all the way and everything works fine. ESC and motors are cool once again with the 2800 2 cells in parallel with scale speeds for 30 minutes.

Comment

• So why was the motor and ESC getting hot? Steering wouldn't cause that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        So why was the motor and ESC getting hot? Steering wouldn't cause that.
        I have no idea. I need to run the PT again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hozer View Post

I have no idea. I need to run the PT again soon.
          So, I ran my PT again with the twin 2800 2 cell Admiral batteries in parallel and everything (ESC and 3 motors) remained comfortably warm to the touch and not HOT. I got a 35 minute run at half to full throttle at scale speeds. Every thing worked with no issues.

Comment

• I am considering buying this pt boat. I have read the entire posts. There has been nothing added as of late. My question have the issues mentioned in the above posts been resolved? I am not great hands on fixer so i really would like it to be mostly RTR. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X