Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that, it's a living room and backyard runner so probably no need. Just that Mato has them on sale for almost half off. What with the stay home rules during these times I'd probably kill an afternoon painting and installing.

Comment

Hi all, where would I get the metal road wheels and metal suspension arm for the Heng Long King Tiger? (From UK). Thanks Alex. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by alexrob95 View Post
        Hi all, where would I get the metal road wheels and metal suspension arm for the Heng Long King Tiger? (From UK). Thanks Alex. 😉
        Right now the best place is EBay.

Comment

Thanks 😉

Comment

Thought I'd share a bit of info I ran across regarding upgrades, just in case you see one for sale outside of Motion RC. On a recent T-72 box HL listed their versions by letter.

P: Metal gearbox, but plastic gears.
            Z: Metal gearbox, zinc alloy gears.
            S: Metal gearbox, steel gears.
            MZ: Metal gearbox, zinc alloy gears, metal tracks, metal wheels.
            MS: Metal gearbox, steel gears, metal tracks, metal wheels.
            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Just came in today, here’s an example

. Click image for larger version

Name:	762F34F2-E81B-4543-A59F-6EBAB86BE9FB.jpeg
Views:	1036
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	259486
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Hi all a newbie question. Just got some metal Idler wheels and one of them I can take apart, the other one can't! How can I take there other one apart, I have taken out the pin and still wont budge. Or should they be glued together? Any help would be apperciated! Thanks Alex.😉

Comment

Originally posted by alexrob95 View Post
                  Hi all a newbie question. Just got some metal Idler wheels and one of them I can take apart, the other one can't! How can I take there other one apart, I have taken out the pin and still wont budge. Or should they be glued together? Any help would be apperciated! Thanks Alex.😉
                  AR, I would try heating the larger part with a heat gun and carefully pull those apart or try a little WD-40 penetrating oil. Good luck. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hi LB, I have tired the heat gun and didn't work 😥 Will try the WD 40. have you got any other suggestions if that dosent work? Or do you think I should get in touch with the supplier? Thanks 😉

Comment

• Elbee
                      Elbee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, I would contact the Supplier/Manufacturer. That is a better alternative than "brute force" which is my 'go to' when all else fails. LOL Best, LB

Who has the metal recoil units for the T34- 6.0 with cannon recoil. Also the unit for the 6.0 German panther without gun recoil but tank moves?

Comment

Originally posted by William Fraden View Post
                      Who has the metal recoil units for the T34- 6.0 with cannon recoil. Also the unit for the 6.0 German panther without gun recoil but tank moves?
                      The current HL barrel recoil system And those based on it are lack luster and unrealistic. I have a few but leave them unplugged because the 6.0 track recoil by itself is better looking then the delayed barrel recoil and track recoil together. They timing is off.

Hopefully we will see the next generation/versions as seen online and YouTube with smoke and flash soon.

Don’t be mistaken the current 6.0/1 barrel recoil units are nowhere as good as those in the Tamiya tanks or the other aftermarket servo controlled ones.

Comment

We I've tried to install a flash unit in my T34 but? I'd rather do a metal recoil in it as I think I screwed it up the plastic one. the German panther - the tank just moves but I have not touched it yet.

Comment

for the Abrams what size turret ring is needed to upgrade to 360 bearings. I see a large and small. also is there a specific turret motor to get for Abrams? I am looking to buy both off ebay at the toucanhobby store

Comment

Originally posted by pappy3122 View Post
                            for the Abrams what size turret ring is needed to upgrade to 360 bearings. I see a large and small. also is there a specific turret motor to get for Abrams? I am looking to buy both off ebay at the toucanhobby store
                            It uses a large turret ring. There is no specific HL turret gearbox/motor for it, but there are aftermarket ones. These are housed in metal cases with all metal gears and high speed motors. Worth the $30 for them? Yes and no. All depends on what you want. Toucan does sell them so just look for the ones in the silver cases.

I use the aftermarket turret gearboxes in a number of tanks. Honestly since the 6.0 system came out I have not seen the need to upgrade any more tanks with them. The 6.0 system provides far more power to the stock boxes and the speed difference is not as large as it once was with the old 5.3 systems.

Comment

thank you, i purchased the turret ring, slip ring and motor from toucan. I just like having a metal motor to go with the metal ring. now hopefully I can install all this. I am hoping it isn't to bad lol installing the slip ring has me worried as well as the wiring. also picked up a set of red motors and new battery so hopefully I covered most of my upgrade needs lol

Comment

Hello, I am new to RC Tanks and looking to purchasing the HL Pro Edition M1A2. This makes it easy to decide what to buy. Thanks!

Comment

Is there (or will there be) an upgrade for my 6.0s king tiger for barrel recoil, barrel smoke and flash? If so, is it worth it, or better to buy a tank that comes with barrel recoil smoke and flash?

Comment

Originally posted by Dadowling View Post
                                    Is there (or will there be) an upgrade for my 6.0s king tiger for barrel recoil, barrel smoke and flash? If so, is it worth it, or better to buy a tank that comes with barrel recoil smoke and flash?
                                    The parts to add all those features are available already. You will have to search around but they are out there.

Although the recoil looks cool in videos in actuality it is VERY you like and more often then not out of timing with the canon sound and flash.

Comment

Would I need to replace my 6.0 controller (HL King Tiger) to 6.1 in order to upgrade barrel to recoil, smoke and flash?

Comment

Originally posted by Dadowling View Post
                                        Would I need to replace my 6.0 controller (HL King Tiger) to 6.1 in order to upgrade barrel to recoil, smoke and flash?
                                        If you want to upgrade to servo recoil for a more realistic action, yes you will at least need the 6.1S system. I am not sure any non HL aftermarket MFU is set up to handle barrel smoke so there too the 6.1S is the best option.

Comment

Working...
                                        X