X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, I didn't think of that.

So it would be wise to clip the Tamiya connector off one of my batteries and replace it with a Dean connector or get a separate battery that already has a dean connector (any recommendations on MRC?)

I basically got the 6.1 to build the servo recoil (and barrel smoker) in the Panzer III. I'm not replacing the motors or planning on running it in dual power mode as it's a WW2 tank. Would overheating still be an issue in this case?

Comment

Hey guys I gotta taigen Leopard 2a6 and wanna put in the 550 motor gearbox. What other upgrades should I do to handle the extra power ? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Chrislaf View Post
        Hey guys I gotta taigen Leopard 2a6 and wanna put in the 550 motor gearbox. What other upgrades should I do to handle the extra power ? Thank you
        It all depends on which 550 motor/gearbox combination you are talking about and voltage you want to put through them. Also what exactly does your Taigen Leo have already from the factory? Is it the all metal one or the rebranded Heng Long one?

Comment

It's the all metal version. I was thinking about putting a pair of Traxxas 12 turn brushed motors for speed but idk. What would you suggest ?

Comment

Would the red 390 motors be alot faster than the 390's that came with it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrislaf View Post
              Would the red 390 motors be alot faster than the 390's that came with it ?
              You still have not answered the first question. Which gearbox is it? Meaning is it a 3:1 or 4:1 it has been sold with both ratios. Does it already have 550 motors, though based on your last question I assume it does not. In which case you can’t just simply add 550 motors as they will not fit without a lot of work.

If 4:1 there is little you can do to make the tank much faster even if you were able to squeeze 550 motors in. The gearbox ratio is too low. If a 3:1 gearbox then stay with the black Taigen 390 motor as they have slightly higher top rpms then the red 390 motors.

I suspect the tank you bought has 4:1 gearboxes. If so, dump them and buy a set of 3:1 gearboxes with black 390 motors. Bump up the voltage to 9.6 via a NiMH battery, sit back and enjoy a fast tank. This will not require you to change the control system.

If you want top end scale speeds for your Leo you will not get them with 4:1 ratio gearboxes easily or cheaply. The simplest route is as stated above.

Comment

Oh my bad its 4.1 V2 gearbox. I gotta text quick cause I'm at work

Comment

I ordered a custom Heng Long M1A2 direct from the Heng Long factory. Took 1 month to complete but it's being shipped. I should get it within the next 2 weeks in Canada.
                  Pretty much added every option you can get on it with the exception of the auto stabilizer and flash in the cannon. Attached is the pictures my sales guy posted for me before he ships it to me.
                  Originally I wanted the green camo but the factory does not make them anymore. So yellow it is.

Additionally I got the new heng long drive train installed.

Comment

Originally posted by DimMak View Post
                    I ordered a custom Heng Long M1A2 direct from the Heng Long factory. Took 1 month to complete but it's being shipped. I should get it within the next 2 weeks in Canada.
                    Pretty much added every option you can get on it with the exception of the auto stabilizer and flash in the cannon. Attached is the pictures my sales guy posted for me before he ships it to me.
                    Originally I wanted the green camo but the factory does not make them anymore. So yellow it is.

Additionally I got the new heng long drive train installed.
                    You do know you can paint the tank any color scheme you want once you have it in hand. The EURO NATO green camo is rather easy to paint especially on the Abrams and it’s flat surfaces.

Comment

How about the metal chassis. Do I need some sort or primer to help the paint stick?

Comment

How about the metal chassis. Do I need some sort or primer to help the paint stick?
                        Yes and No. If you use enamel paint then a primer is not really necessary but will not hurt either. If you are using an acrylic paint then yes use a primer.

Just out of curiosity what did you end up paying for the Abrams? Did they explain what the “Increased IR battle” means as far as function? We have been keeping our fingers crossed that it means more then what is currently offered?

Comment

I paid 1400 USD. I added the FPV camera system also. I think sales guy mentioned it's the new IR dome with magnet I can attach on top my tank for IR battles. The drive system is really nice. Running the TKS 6.1s because the factory recommends 160amp to run the heavy tank vs the 40 amp on the 7.0

Comment

Comment

I paid 1400 USD. I added the FPV camera system also. I think sales guy mentioned it's the new IR dome with magnet I can attach on top my tank for IR battles. The drive system is really nice. Running the TKS 6.1s because the factory recommends 160amp to run the heavy tank vs the 40 amp on the 7.0
                              Ok the IR system is the same as the 6.0 version which is an upgrade from the older 5.3.

The cross drive is a nice upgrade, they are slightly smoother handling then the twin gearboxes.

Yes the 6.1S(7.1) is by far the best of the systems HL has to offer. Looks like you will have a good tank once it arrives and you get it all painted to your liking. Keep us informed and post a bunch of photos.

Comment

Will do. I will upload some working videos and the internals.

Comment

Btw if anyone is interested in a custom Heng Long tank straight from the factory let me know. I can send you to my contact. Nice guy and good communication.

Comment

Pictures of the innards.

Comment

After everyone saying you need a 6.1 board to make servo recoil work: Apparently it is possible to use a servo motor with the 6.0 board? I see this dude uses a two-wire servomotor?

(400) 1/16 풀메탈 타이거1 업그레이드및 도색하기(Upgrade and Paint 1/16 Full Metal Tiger1) - YouTube

Comment

I can see how that would work if you ran the servo motor to the airsoft output of the 6.0 board and just held the cannon button for a second to fire and activate the recoil then you would need a spring to return the barrel to battery as he has said in the video.
                                        Creative thinking!
                                        Steve

Comment

Working...
                                        X