Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tightened the track and it appears to be performing better, thanks.

Comment

Hi there folks!

I was wondering if any of you fellow tankers could help me!

Recently bought this tank and after one full charge my RC won't connect to the tank! Start up noice on RC and tank lights flashing, both rear and headlights. Is there something I am doing wrong. Is there something I can try to fix this issue?

Comment

Could be few things. Is it a Heng Long? Did it work once? If not, first to try/eliminate would be to bind the tank to the radio. How to do it is in the manual but it's easy. Tx & tank are off. Turn on Tx. While holding down the ignition start button on the Tx, turn on the tank. It should immediately start up, sounds on and lights steady.

If not, you should give us more detail, but do that first.
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Hi SoCalBobs It is a Heng Long

I have tried what you suggested and still no joy.

It was working fine when I first got it.
          Battery died on the tank.
          I charged it back up and now when I switch on the tank all I'm receiving is flashing taillights and sometimes the headlights flash also.

When I press the ignition start on the Rx the lights stop flashing on the tank.
          No engine sounds smoke etc.

I am still waiting on word back from the company but if you have any more suggestions I am willing to try anything at this stage!

Comment

Next possibility is the battery hasn’t charged correctly. Did you use the USB charger? If so, do you have another? If yes to both, you might try charging it there, if you haven’t already.

Comment

The light shinning I would assume it's charging okay. After a while the light dims which again I would assume is it telling me it's fully charged?

Comment

I received my Heng Long German Leopard 2A6 RC tank a month ago. I got the "promotional version" which seems to be mid way between the Upgrade version (all plastic external) and the Professional version. It has the following metal parts:
                1. Steel gears driving gearbox
                2. Tracks
                3. Sprocket wheels
                4. Idler wheels
                5. Barrel
                The road wheels are plastic and it got the weak grey 380 motors. The gearbox is the all steel (non-ball bearing) normal version. It gets a grey plastic cover that I did not see before.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1320.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.6 KB ID:	310598Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1319.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.2 KB ID:	310599
                The little motors run quite hot at 40°F above ambient. It stabilized at 110°F in the 70 deg cool basement. It is not what I would like when running the tank outdoor at 90+ temperature. However, it does give the Leopard decent road speed.

I did a quick upgrade with the excellent Heng Xin all ball bearing gearbox. You may notice that I did not use the red motors. The motors are Fxfans 390 motors which have identical performance to the red motor. I just like the electroplated case better.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4980.JPG Views:	0 Size:	105.0 KB ID:	310600Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4962.JPG Views:	0 Size:	132.5 KB ID:	310601Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4964.JPG Views:	0 Size:	121.7 KB ID:	310602

Click image for larger version  Name:	390casetemp_leopard.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.0 KB ID:	310603
                The Heng Xin gearbox uses 8 DGB (deep groove bearing). It is very quiet and vibration free. The 390 motor has plenty of reserve power to drive the metal tracks. This gearbox costs about $90 for US stock and about $65 if you can wait for shipping from China. It is one of the best upgrade investment I made.

With the TK-6.0S RC system, the proportional control is a large improvement over the 5.3 version I had on older tanks. Overall, I am happy with this purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
                  I received my Heng Long German Leopard 2A6 RC tank a month ago. I got the "promotional version" which seems to be mid way between the Upgrade version (all plastic external) and the Professional version. It has the following metal parts:
                  1. Steel gears driving gearbox
                  2. Tracks
                  3. Sprocket wheels
                  4. Idler wheels
                  5. Barrel
                  The road wheels are plastic and it got the weak grey 380 motors. The gearbox is the all steel (non-ball bearing) normal version. It gets a grey plastic cover that I did not see before.
                  Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1320.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.6 KB ID:	310598Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1319.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.2 KB ID:	310599
                  The little motors run quite hot at 40°F above ambient. It stabilized at 110°F in the 70 deg cool basement. It is not what I would like when running the tank outdoor at 90+ temperature. However, it does give the Leopard decent road speed.

I did a quick upgrade with the excellent Heng Xin all ball bearing gearbox. You may notice that I did not use the red motors. The motors are Fxfans 390 motors which have identical performance to the red motor. I just like the electroplated case better.
                  Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4980.JPG Views:	0 Size:	105.0 KB ID:	310600Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4962.JPG Views:	0 Size:	132.5 KB ID:	310601Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4964.JPG Views:	0 Size:	121.7 KB ID:	310602

Click image for larger version Name:	390casetemp_leopard.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.0 KB ID:	310603
                  The Heng Xin gearbox uses 8 DGB (deep groove bearing). It is very quiet and vibration free. The 390 motor has plenty of reserve power to drive the metal tracks. This gearbox costs about $90 for US stock and about $65 if you can wait for shipping from China. It is one of the best upgrade investment I made.

With the TK-6.0S RC system, the proportional control is a large improvement over the 5.3 version I had on older tanks. Overall, I am happy with this purchase.
                  I'm glad you like the gearbox so much! I was similarly impressed with it - while one could argue about how "necessary" it is given that the quality of HL gearboxes, even their bone-stock ones, has increased significantly nowadays it really is a lovely upgrade. I bought two and have one laying around still, just haven't decided which vehicle to use in it.

They sure do sound nice, though. It gives the vehicle a nice transmission sound that's just pleasant to hear, and is just one of those satisfying upgrades to do with one's vehicles. I think I'll eventually drop the Heng Xin gearbox into most of my HL tanks, honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by fuchstraumer View Post

I'm glad you like the gearbox so much! I was similarly impressed with it - while one could argue about how "necessary" it is given that the quality of HL gearboxes, even their bone-stock ones, has increased significantly nowadays it really is a lovely upgrade. I bought two and have one laying around still, just haven't decided which vehicle to use in it.

They sure do sound nice, though. It gives the vehicle a nice transmission sound that's just pleasant to hear, and is just one of those satisfying upgrades to do with one's vehicles. I think I'll eventually drop the Heng Xin gearbox into most of my HL tanks, honestly.
                    I like one of the fringe benefit of the Heng Xin gearbox. The mounting plate is a good strengthening of the factory mounting. The gearbox ships with M3-6mm counter sunk screws which is way too short. I use M3-12mm ones. Counter sunk screw in small metric size are hard to find in hardware store. I found mine at Amazon and got a whole box of various length for only $8. You can use 4 counter sunk self tapping screws and one machine screw for each side of the plate/box. The gearbox is now much sturdier than the original HL scheme.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4968.JPG Views:	0 Size:	162.5 KB ID:	310812

Comment

I recently purchased a Leopard 2A6 from another company the tank ran fine on a fully charged 3500mah battery for 10 minutes then cut out and now refuses to work at all. It won’t even turn on, it has full metal running gear barrel recoil, 360 turret so pretty much every toy in the book.

I have a simple question am I asking too much for the battery to last more than 10 minutes?

The company I bought it from are trying to avoid replacing the tank as I know the battery isn’t at fault. I’m getting to the stage where I wish I hadn’t bothered and left my childhood dream of an RC tank as a dream.

Any advice you guys can offer?

I don’t own an expensive multi setting charger just a simple lipo balance charger.

thanks

Comment

You'll need to provide some details.

What brand is the tank?
                        What type is the battery? Lipo, LiIon, Nimh?
                        How do you know it's not the battery?
                        Did you recharge it, and did you check the charge on it?
                        If it's a LiIon battery, did you recharge it on Lipo setting?
                        Do you have another battery to try?
                        Did you try to re-bind the tank to the controller?
                        Whoever you dealt with may be more agreeable to replace the main board instead of the whole tank, if you can establish that's the problem.

Just posting and saying "it won't work" doesn't give anyone a lot to work with. Let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Severance37 View Post
                          I recently purchased a Leopard 2A6 from another company the tank ran fine on a fully charged 3500mah battery for 10 minutes then cut out and now refuses to work at all. It won’t even turn on, it has full metal running gear barrel recoil, 360 turret so pretty much every toy in the book.

I have a simple question am I asking too much for the battery to last more than 10 minutes?

The company I bought it from are trying to avoid replacing the tank as I know the battery isn’t at fault. I’m getting to the stage where I wish I hadn’t bothered and left my childhood dream of an RC tank as a dream.

Any advice you guys can offer?

I don’t own an expensive multi setting charger just a simple lipo balance charger.

thanks
                          If your LiPO balance charger does not have diagnostic display, get a better charger which is very cheap compared to your tank. BTW, I like my SkyRC iMAX B6 mini charger very much. It is cheap, has lots of options and information on the battery under charge. It costed me $37 at Amazon. Not quiet fast charge enough for tank meets, but perfect for home use with multiple packs. It helps keep the battery healthy and last longer. Make sure you get the name brand charger, not the knock-offs.

If you have the HengLong German Leopard 2A6 1/16 RC tank that I also have, a fully charge 3000 mAh battery can easily last 2 hours of running time.

I build my own battery pack using 18650 LiIO cells because I am cheap and want the best. But you can buy good RC tank battery from MotionRC too.
                          My Heng Long tank power system had been 3 pieces of Maxamps.com 7.2 volts NiMH pack and a Duratrax Piranha Digital Peak Battery Charger. The Piranha allowed pretty quick charging of the packs and gave actual capacity reading. When all 3 Maxamps packs died and a replacement pack costs $68 each, I know that I have to do

It is a likely chance that the battery pack you received is a 1000 mAh one or defective.

Comment

I saw this Heng Long driving system for the Leopard II. Has anyone bought one? It shows on the box that it is for the top 1% Leopard tankers :-)

It is quite cheap, lol :-(

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600F.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	330990
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600C.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	330991Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600D.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	330992

Comment

DavidN Have a look here - https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/foru...ic.php?t=30997

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                                I saw this Heng Long driving system for the Leopard II. Has anyone bought one? It shows on the box that it is for the top 1% Leopard tankers :-)

It is quite cheap, lol :-(

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22435727606...oAAOSw629gMhRS

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600F.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	330990
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.1 KB ID:	330991Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600D.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	330992
                                Yes they are quite good. Smoother and quieter. But overall do nothing more then what the stock steel gearboxes equipped with upgraded 390 motors can do.

Oh and it can be used in most HL tanks NOT just the Leopard 2.

Comment

So does anyone know whats going on with Motion RC and Heng Long? I signed up for email alerts on the Tiger 1 over a year ago and it never came back in stock and, well now I want to add some modern german to my collection but I dont have my hopes up.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if motion is currently stocking the tk7? I ordered a t90 with the latest generation tk7 and the description said "All of Motion RC’s Heng Long 1/16 scale tanks utilize the latest TK7 MFCB for outstanding control, performance, playability, and upgrade potential!"

I immediately ordered a leopard. Today I read on the description of the leopard that its a TK6. I think they are sending 7.0 but haven't updated their description to state the leopard is running the latest TK7. Maybe. Hopefully.
                                    I wouldn't mind either way but I prefer the engine idle sound of the TK7 over the TK6. The TK6 has a repeating audio file that will drive me insane lol.

Anyway I will reach out to them but figured someone here may know.

Comment

Just got the info I needed from live chat. In case anyone in the future may find this helpful.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Motion RC has been deficient in publishing correct info on their tank section - wrong pictures, wrong brand data - but their shipped products seem accurate. I think their tank section is not attended to often.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                                          Motion RC has been deficient in publishing correct info on their tank section - wrong pictures, wrong brand data - but their shipped products seem accurate. I think their tank section is not attended to often.
                                          I would agree with all of the above.

Comment

Working...
                                          X