Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds good thank you for info!

Comment

• Any other tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated for this thing. I read something about gluing wheel hubs on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goose246 View Post
        Any other tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated for this thing. I read something about gluing wheel hubs on?
        Metal or plastic wheels? I've found the metal wheels have a pretty good friction fit. But I have seen/heard of others using medium thread lock, or PVA glue like Elmers. Both because although you want the hubs or caps to stay on, you also want the ability to adjust, tighten, remove the wheels.

Comment

• I got the pro edition so I assume metal.. and thanks for info !

Comment

• It was an impulse buy ha ha.

Comment

It was an impulse buy ha ha.
              I prefer destiny over the impulse buy excuse personally. My wife on the other hand doesn't agree.

Comment

• So to paint these metal wheels and track.. any concensus on best way to remove track? Remove a track pin or remove the rear sprocket?

Comment

So to paint these metal wheels and track.. any concensus on best way to remove track? Remove a track pin or remove the rear sprocket?
                  King Tiger? Knock a pin out. The side fenders make the removing the sprocket method more of a pain. Plus its a good idea to learn how to remove the tracks this way.

Painting tracks? Recent topic on another page=

I used Birchwo​od Casey Perma Blue on my Heng Long T-34 85 tracks. I wasn't thrilled with the results. Some areas didn't take the bluing. Wondering if I did something wrong. I cleaned the tracks thoroughly with hot soapy water, dried them and put them in a jar with the Perma Blue and shook it around for about a minute. Here's

best luck

Comment

So to paint these metal wheels and track.. any concensus on best way to remove track? Remove a track pin or remove the rear sprocket?
                    I always remove the tracks, and I just use a push pin and a small hammer. Drives the pin right out, and for some tracks I have used gun bluing but ordinarily I just spray them with flat black rattlecan paint. Then I take the tank out and run it around in the dirt for a while and they look pretty good after that.

Comment

• Thank you for all the good info !

Comment

• OK, hopefully just one more question for you guys. Can the wheels be popped off easily for painting or better to leave them on and just mask off around the wheels?

Comment

OK, hopefully just one more question for you guys. Can the wheels be popped off easily for painting or better to leave them on and just mask off around the wheels?
                          The wheels, sprockets and idlers all come off with a phillips head screwdriver and/or hex wrench. It's better to take everything off and paint separately.

Comment

• Appreciate it!

Comment

• Haven’t had a chance to actually open it up yet since I’m on the road with Work, but trying to decipher the manual, as far as programming, what does it mean by left backward fine-tuning, Forward left, fine-tuning, etc.?

edit… OK, it appears to be a trim function

Comment

• Did anyone else’s king tiger not come with the front towing lugs? Mine came with four so they all went on the back, but I’m not seeing the two for the front lugs.

Comment

• Also, anyone know what this silver post is? I don’t see anything that is supposed to attach to it.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Just four. The post was for the old 47mhz radio system antenna. HL never removed it from their mold.
                                    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• I want to thank everybody for their input. I have tons of RC jets and cars, but this was my first foray into a tank. I wasn’t sure what to expect from aI have tons of RC jets and cars, but this was my first tank. I wasn’t sure what to expect from a Chinese company, but I must say I have been very pleasantly surprised . Very fun little model. Got all the tracks and wheels painted, a lot of little paint applications that nobody would notice except me ha ha. My only complaint on this whole thing is the decals. They in no way shape or form wanted to stick and I had to coerce them into place. If anyone knows of an off the shelf, rattle can paint to match the mustard yellowish color let me know. The best I could do was krylon camo khaki. Turned out decent, but definitely lighter than the factory yellow
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• I don’t know of anyone who has found an exact paint match. Many of just recover the tank with our own paint. That way we can do our own camo. Tamiya has two rattle cans with matching acrylics that are a good start; Dark Yellow, and Wooden Deck Tan.

As far as decals go, you’ve already found out it’s time to get some others. Peddinghaus is a good supplier. Dragon Hobbies on eBay is a great source.
                                        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Hey, Goose, welcome to the dark side of RC. For decals, peddinghaus is good, but I've always found them to be a bit thick for my liking. I like to check the static model shops, like Squadron Hobbies and Scale Hobbyist, but I really like stencils. I might even have some King Tiger stencils around here somewhere, if you can airbrush I might be able to send you some to try out. If I can find them. As for paint, I still have a small supply of Testors Dunkelgelb, and they sometimes show up on ebay. A friend of mine found a good source in spray cans, give me some time to contact him and get a source. Remember, on the real thing paint would fade quickly so shades will vary, but what really counts is that it looks good to you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X