X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

Rubicon, where would you get that turret ring?
    Until Motion gets their shipment, Ebay has a bunch. Search: Heng Long 360 turret ring. Or Heng Long turret.

There are two sizes of rings ”larger and small” depending on the individual tank. There is not one specific to just a Tiger or Sherman etc etc. Not sure off hand which size the Tiger uses I have not pulled one apart in a long time and I don’t have a Tiger in my fleet anymore (sold it off recently) to visually check for you.

Comment

Thank you! Do they make any kinda of elevation upgrades?

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
        Thank you! Do they make any kinda of elevation upgrades?
        HL does not. But there are other aftermarket companies that make servo elevation components. Unfortunately these do not work with the basic 6.0 system. They do work with the 6.1 system though.

Comment

Anybody know if there's a mato 5:1 gearbox that fits these? I was seeing some on other tanks with black motors...

Comment

Hi, I'm new here and new to RC tanks (or RC anything really). I got the King Tiger Pro from Motion RC and love it. It will be fun upgrading, weathing it. etc. Already got some paint and blueing liquid for the tracks on the way. Thinking about getting the PE grill covers, and a better commander figure.

(Question 1:)
            I wonder however what's the difference between TK 6.0 and 6.0s? My box says 6.0s. After searching on the internet I think it either has to do with the smoke unit, or with hanging out the stick steering setup?
            ​​​
            There did seem to be issue with the smoke unit not smoking very much. Because I'm curious, I opened the tank qnd smoke unit up to see what's going on. It looked like maybe the heater coil wasn't touching the cotton enough. After moving the cotton around a bit it worked a lot better.

(Question 2:)
            I tried filling smoke liquid through the tanks exhaust pipes (tilted the tank sufficiently), but it seems almost impossible to get the fluid to run throug the tubes to the smoke unit. Is this a common issue, or am I doing something wrong there?

Comment

The smoke units are finicky at best, and will never generate the amount of "smoke" you would like or expect. personally, I take them out of all the tanks I own. Also, welcome to the World of RC and HobbySquawk!

Comment

Originally posted by UltraVargen View Post
                Hi, I'm new here and new to RC tanks (or RC anything really). I got the King Tiger Pro from Motion RC and love it. It will be fun upgrading, weathing it. etc. Already got some paint and blueing liquid for the tracks on the way. Thinking about getting the PE grill covers, and a better commander figure.

(Question 1:)
                I wonder however what's the difference between TK 6.0 and 6.0s? My box says 6.0s. After searching on the internet I think it either has to do with the smoke unit, or with hanging out the stick steering setup?
                ​​​
                Answer to your 1st question is in this post..
                https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...578#post250578

Comment

Thanks both, and thanks for the welcome!

​​​​​​

Comment

I was looking at both the King Tiger and the Panzer IV. Both say the weight of the Pro version is 4535grams. I doubt that is 100% correct, shouldn't the King Tiger be heavier? Anyway, I guess either would suit my purpose. I'm more an airplane guy, but several of us have WW2 ground attack planes (such as P-47) and I though it would be fun to have an appropriate moving target. People drop lightweight bombs and never, ever hit anything, so I'm not worried about damage.

Comment

Just received mine. My main goal is to finish it in an "octopus" camo scheme. I found images in a tan and brown palette, good for the San Diego battleground! Base color is Tamiya Light Sand (TS-46). Two coats covered the stock pattern.

Click image for larger version

Name:	King Tiger 13.jpg
Views:	1011
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	285656Click image for larger version

Name:	9C8528E3-8104-45F8-B5FE-05C137D37367.JPG
Views:	900
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	285657
                      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                        Just received mine. My main goal is to finish it in an "octopus" camo scheme. I found images in a tan and brown palette, good for the San Diego battleground! Base color is Tamiya Light Sand (TS-46). Two coats covered the stock pattern.

Click image for larger version  Name:	King Tiger 13.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	285656Click image for larger version  Name:	9C8528E3-8104-45F8-B5FE-05C137D37367.JPG Views:	0 Size:	173.4 KB ID:	285657
                        That will NOT be allowed at the San Diego battle days.... To hard to see you hiding in the bushes... I am just KIDDING 😁😁 it will look great and work well to blend in👍

Can’t wait to see it in action against the “Tiger Killers” vvvvv
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	46A22D39-7477-41AC-95E8-795640910797.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	526.6 KB ID:	285660

Comment

Name:	2EAFB369-0055-4661-8549-CB0F18E07C5D.jpeg
Views:	862
Size:	340.3 KB
ID:	285939
                          “Mission Bay Stealth”

Interim stage, mostly painted, some touch ups tomorrow. So scary to start with an untried technique. I made “stamps” with some dowels of different sizes and drilled holes in some. Next will be sealing with clear flat spray then detailing & weathering.

Comment

What a nice and unusual scheme!

Comment

What a nice and unusual scheme!
                              Thanks! To my admittedly superficial research, it was done in the waning days of the war, specifically the Battle of Berlin with the Soviets. Most were in a green over sand palette, but Dragon Models produced a model in this color. That, and our preferred battleground being sand with brownish scrub, guided my choice. Grime and rust washes will tone it down. How is your Tiger II doing?

Comment

“Mission Bay Stealth”......LOVE IT!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Thanks! To my admittedly superficial research, it was done in the waning days of the war, specifically the Battle of Berlin with the Soviets. Most were in a green over sand palette, but Dragon Models produced a model in this color. That, and our preferred battleground being sand with brownish scrub, guided my choice. Grime and rust washes will tone it down. How is your Tiger II doing?
                                  Mine hasn't been out since Summer. I haven't had the motivation to take on the oversized resin crew figures yet. I'm actually waiting for MRC EU to finally get more tanks in so I can get a T-34 and possibly a Sherman. Once I'm working on those I hope the motivation returns to work on the figures as well. I'll tackle the new moters, etc as well at that time.

Comment

Mine hasn't been out since Summer. I haven't had the motivation to take on the oversized resin crew figures yet. I'm actually waiting for MRC EU to finally get more tanks in so I can get a T-34 and possibly a Sherman. Once I'm working on those I hope the motivation returns to work on the figures as well. I'll tackle the new moters, etc as well at that time.
                                    I buy the Torro crews and reposition the arms so they fit into the HL's offering. Dai
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post

I buy the Torro crews and reposition the arms so they fit into the HL's offering. Dai
                                      I looked into the Torro figures, but didn't really liked how the look. Yours look good though!
                                      What I did is buy a bunch of random resin recasts off of Aliexpress with the intent to kitbash them into a usable crew. The figures were mostly too big though, so it'll take a lot of cutting, sanding and puttying to make them useable. I made a topic about my findings: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...k-crew-figures

Comment

What's better than a King Tiger? Two King Tigers! A little photo shoot today.

Name:	IMG_E1092.JPG
Views:	813
Size:	493.2 KB
ID:	286415
                                        Also, here's some "hide in the bushes" shots.

Name:	IMG_E1096.JPG
Views:	842
Size:	395.1 KB
ID:	286413

Name:	IMG_E1095.JPG
Views:	817
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	286414
                                        My favorite:

Name:	IMG_E1094.JPG
Views:	831
Size:	471.7 KB
ID:	286416
                                        Attached Files

Comment

That last photo is perfect, Bob. Nicely done on the octopus scheme!

Comment

Working...
                                          X