Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great video! Does the dog yard have land mines?

Comment

• Dog yard land mines?
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Is a dog yard for a dog? I ran my Tiger 1 in my neighbors yard. A dog's yard and my reward was a unseen gift from that dog. The tracks and hull were "weathered."

Comment

• Area was cleared of land mines before mission start 🤣

Comment

• T-90 finished in time for Sunday's battle. It'll get more dust on it there!

Click image for larger version

Name:	T-90 08.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	390.2 KB
ID:	351473

longest barreled tank I own. Definitely would be awkward at the L.A. battleground.

Name:	T-90 09.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	378.2 KB
ID:	351474
            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
              T-90 finished in time for Sunday's battle. It'll get more dust on it there!

Name:	T-90 08.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	390.2 KB
ID:	351473

longest barreled tank I own. Definitely would be awkward at the L.A. battleground.

Name:	T-90 09.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	378.2 KB
ID:	351474
              Nice outcome so far!
              Happy dust stiring.
              CCC

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                T-90 finished in time for Sunday's battle. It'll get more dust on it there
                SCB, nicely done, Sir. Great tribute, as well. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by ccarley View Post
                  Area was cleared of land mines before mission start 🤣
                  Hahahaha! Good thinking. I have learned my lesson.

Comment

• SoCal. Another great job!

Comment

• My Tiger I came to close to the paintbrush.

Name:	Tiger I paint progress.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	351500

CCC

Comment

• Looks great!

Comment

• I actually like Panzer Grau, but realize that the vast majority were in DAK yellow. If your IR battling, your camo is pretty stealth.
                          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• I was stationed in Berlin with the 6-502 INF (1991-1993) and it was the best duty station throughout my military career.

QUOTE=761st;n349750]

Thanks. I lived in Germany for 6 years and wish I had stayed there. I love Deutschland!

I see the crew has answered the abbreviations. As far as building materials. I am learning as I go. Primarily coroplast.

https://www.amazon.com/Corrugated-Pl...29112133&psc=1

It hoids up to paint and hot Florida sun pretty well, Recently I have been working with an insulation foam board. Known as XPS. You can etch the design into it. Paint with a mix of acrylic paint and Hodge Podge glue. It too is holding up to weather.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Owens-Co...g-6W/306142686

Some glues will work. Or make a small frame from cheap trim wood. I am still working on the magic combo of materials. The up side is my backyard has its own village for tanks.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Hellcat, Germany was amazing. So much to do!

Comment

• Now look what the slow boat from China has brought.

Name:	20220804_203208.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	352342

=== Question ===
                                I ordered the plastic version with a separate set of steel gear boxes.
                                Opened it up to check, see pic below.
                                Aren't these installed, completely covered, gear boxes steel geared as well???

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220804_205150.jpg Views:	0 Size:	198.4 KB ID:	352339

CCC

Comment

• Originally posted by cpt.chaos canada View Post
                                  Now look what the slow boat from China has brought.

Name:	20220804_203208.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	352342

=== Question ===
                                  I ordered the plastic version with a separate set of steel gear boxes.
                                  Opened it up to check, see pic below.
                                  Aren't these installed, completely covered, gear boxes steel geared as well???

Click image for larger version Name:	20220804_205150.jpg Views:	0 Size:	198.4 KB ID:	352339

CCC
                                  The covers are standard now regardless of gearbox type. They are largely a waist and have no real effect on longevity.

Simply pop the covers off and take a look. If they plastic replace them if steel then leave them.

FYI if they look like metal use a magnet to confirm they are steel not zinc. HL tanks directly ordered from China have a history of coming with old stock zinc gear claiming them a steel.

Comment

• A few photos taken by RichJohnson of my Tamiya Centurion during the July 2022 “Modern / Cold War” IR tank battle day held by the San Diego Tank Club.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CCDEA2EA-96FB-453A-AF1C-291E3371CA56.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	342.7 KB ID:	352345Click image for larger version  Name:	1171DEEE-B9E1-4673-A0A3-5F656904D3C1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	439.2 KB ID:	352346

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

The covers are standard now regardless of gearbox type. They are largely a waist and have no real effect on longevity.

Simply pop the covers off and take a look. If they plastic replace them if steel then leave them.

FYI if they look like metal use a magnet to confirm they are steel not zinc. HL tanks directly ordered from China have a history of coming with old stock zinc gear claiming them a steel.
                                      Thanks,
                                      I ordered it from RC Toucan.
                                      It showed in stock at the US Whse. but that wasn't true.
                                      Had a good email support to figure out how to get that KV1.
                                      Because I "NEEDED" one!

CCC

Comment

• Rubicon, Good looking tank. I support the claim that you needed one!

Comment

• If a magnet sticks to the gears they are steel...if not...pot metal.

Comment

Working...
                                          X