Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even the color on those tracks match with the camouflage of your tank. So nice .

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
      “War Pony” is finished and ready to hunt.....
      After a break to refill the toy fund, War Pony will have a buddy! I used my previous Sherman for the Wolverine, and one can't not have a Sherman! It'll be a "T23 for me"!

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

After a break to refill the toy fund, War Pony will have a buddy! I used my previous Sherman for the Wolverine, and one can't not have a Sherman! It'll be a "T23 for me"!
        👍👍

The DKLM T23 turret is a good turret and easy to install. It needs to have the barrel shortened just a little to be more correct looking but not much otherwise.

Bob I am sure you know most of this but for others reading this, I recommend getting a 7.1 system to be able to “shoot on the move” and have turret servo functions (7.1 doesn’t need to stop to shoot like the 6.1). Also a servo reverse harness/link for the recoil servo is needed(HL transmitters don’t have servo reverse capabilities). For some reason HL 6.1/7.1 systems work that one servo in reverse...LOL

Mine is running on a 6.1, but I will be swapping it out for a 7.1 to get the “shoot on the move” feature. Much smoother battling action with that feature.

Comment

• Thanks for the info! I do have a couple 7.1s enroute. I negotiated Toucan for 2 @ $73 each. It’ll be a while before I get the turret, and I’ll ask your advice once I have it. I may have a servo reverser in my clutter too.

Comment

• I bought this tank from a local seller for $25.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	356585

Comment

• I put in the HL board and a few other items. It is now ready for IR battle. I call it "Leopabrams" :-) It still needs a little bit more work.

Name:	IMG_5889.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	356587Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5895.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	356588

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5898.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	356590Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5896.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	356591

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5891.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	356593Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5892.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	356594

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidN View Post

Name:	IMG_5891.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	356593Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5892.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	356594
                    You did a good job rehabilitating it. The combination has been done a lot, but I have not see one painted to match and complete the overall look.

Another good look with the Leopard 2 lower hull is using the Challenger 2 turret. It looks convincing like an Italian C2 MBT.

Comment

• Excellent build Bob! Looks fantastic!

Comment

• Rubicon that tank looks so cool! Great resurrection!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

👍👍

The DKLM T23 turret is a good turret and easy to install. It needs to have the barrel shortened just a little to be more correct looking but not much otherwise.

Bob I am sure you know most of this but for others reading this, I recommend getting a 7.1 system to be able to “shoot on the move” and have turret servo functions (7.1 doesn’t need to stop to shoot like the 6.1). Also a servo reverse harness/link for the recoil servo is needed(HL transmitters don’t have servo reverse capabilities). For some reason HL 6.1/7.1 systems work that one servo in reverse...LOL

Mine is running on a 6.1, but I will be swapping it out for a 7.1 to get the “shoot on the move” feature. Much smoother battling action with that feature.
                          I hear tell you reinforced the barrel with a metal tube to eliminate heat droop. What size, and brass or? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

I hear tell you reinforced the barrel with a metal tube to eliminate heat droop. What size, and brass or? Thanks.
                            Long answer I will PM you.

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                              Very Nice Bob. Are the tarps made by you?
                              They look like Value Gear tarps to my eye as I have some of the Value Gear stuff...

Comment

• Oops, sorry QB! Thought I’d posted. Yes, those are Value Gear items. Good stuff, highly recommended

Comment

• My 7 yo tank commander has no mercy. He shot, rammed, and cornered me with no mercy.

Name:	image_50428929 (1).jpg
Views:	377
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	357526

Name:	image_67511809.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	357525

Name:	image_67233025.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	357524

Comment

• From a 2022 IR tank battle day.

Name:	CC2DC141-5072-4A4C-ACA3-CB85BBCECF7E.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	358165

Comment

• Tamiya Centurions from the 2022 San Diego “October War” themed IR battles day. Click image for larger version

Name:	5AE22D06-E47C-42F6-8B1C-1D64E6D902C8.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	291.8 KB
ID:	358681
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	24CC75C3-4F4B-4667-A02E-D7B411B7230C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	299.0 KB ID:	358679Click image for larger version  Name:	2AD52BB1-A97F-41A1-B710-0714B5F3D0C1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	383.5 KB ID:	358680

Comment

• Taking some of my tanks out for some exercise...

You may notice that when one tank fired, two others reacted as receiving hits even though the firing barrel wasn't pointed at them. There was a window behind the camera that bounced the IR beam back!

Comment

• Brought the Sherman out to the flying field today for a photo op with some warbirds. Some of my fellow pilots got a kick out of seeing the Sherman (one noted he was in Korea as an armored vehicle mechanic) and were surprised that it was not a static model but RC. I didn't bring any ammunition though for a good demonstration! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0638.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	360211

Name:	IMG_0633.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	360212

Clay

Comment

Working...