Name:	IMG-0003.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	346088 I always liked this picture.

Comment

• great composition!
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Thanks SoCal. I always like an "in the field" moment.

Comment

• Some American tanks (and one surprise) driving by the camera.

Comment

• Very cool SoCal. I like your tanks. Pershing is the (another one) I want. That terrain is perfect. To me this tanks belong in the turf. Once I get the dio sorted out I will take some videos. Is that a 75 in the Sherman?

Comment

• Originally posted by 761st View Post
              Very cool SoCal. I like your tanks. Pershing is the (another one) I want. That terrain is perfect. To me this tanks belong in the turf. Once I get the dio sorted out I will take some videos. Is that a 75 in the Sherman?
              The Pershing has been a project for me. The only way I could buy it is as a static model. I had to add a main board, a smoker, and I upgraded the gearbox and tracks to metal.

Good eye! The Sherman sports a barrel sold as a "Fury" by Toucan. In reality it is (was) the Panther 76 long barrel. I cut it down to a reasonable size. On this tank, authenticity takes 2nd place to battle-worthiness. I added duckbill tracks for traction, and the barrel was shortened so the turret could traverse in tight spaces, or travel over rough terrain.

Comment

• Well done on all of them! Where did you get the M3? I may end up getting a static Pershing next. I still have not started on my static Panzer V, I will look up the Fury barrel. Thanks. I find that the detail I put on my tanks is quickly knocked off when my 7 yo tank commander is driving. Hhahahaha!

Comment

• I bought a static Pershing as well. I am keeping the nylon gears and tracks for now. Seems to be a reliable tank so far.
                  Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                    I bought a static Pershing as well. I am keeping the nylon gears and tracks for now. Seems to be a reliable tank so far.
                    Neither is critical, but if there is a lot of climbing or bulldozing through thick brush, the nylon gears can slip or grind. On relatively smooth or level ground, no problem. The metal tracks lend weight for traction and stability, but again not needed on regular driving. The Pershing is one of the tankiest looking tanks, that's for sure.

Comment

• It is slow with the nylon gears and stock motors. The real one wasn't a real speed demon so I guess it is scale.
                      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Well done on all of them! Where did you get the M3? I may end up getting a static Pershing next. I still have not started on my static Panzer V, I will look up the Fury barrel. Thanks. I find that the detail I put on my tanks is quickly knocked off when my 7 yo tank commander is driving. Hhahahaha!
                        Yeah definitely a compromise between "fully detailed" and rough and tumble". The M3 is a conversion kit from Vandramodel.Hu, built on a Heng Long M4. There's a thread about it around here somewhere.

Comment

• Spray painted the mesh container from my bag of oranges. Close enough for a diorama set up.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Hi all,
                            a lil late to the party but here are my first paint scheme attempts from last year.
                            Done with artistic water colours, they won't last long but are a cheap way to try IMHO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	a15623797-187-20211207_085108.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	346338

Name:	a15560229-248-20211116_125242.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	346339

Name:	a15560233-180-20211116_125317.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	486.2 KB
ID:	346340

CCC

Comment

• Great paint schemes and photos!

Comment

Great paint schemes and photos!
                                Thanks,
                                like I mentioned the use of watercolors is cheap and gives you a chance to play with different scheme ideas.
                                If you don't like it, wash it off.
                                That's just one tip from a new tanker to another, eh.

I'll be looking into airbrushing way later.
                                Will try other methods as well.
                                Saw a video were someone was smearing acrylic paint with the use of a finger glove onto a sherman.
                                Turned it into a nice weathered look that way.

CCC

Comment

Spray painted the mesh container from my bag of oranges. Close enough for a diorama set up.
                                  That is a cool Idea, may use that for a winter camo with a bit netting rolled up.
                                  CCC

Comment

• Screen shot from M41 “getting air” during play day on test track. One of the toughest HL tanks a person can buy.

Name:	E3FBEAB8-A0F5-4B10-B595-22CE2AE50B32.jpeg
Views:	316
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	346364Click image for larger version

Name:	65BF4E47-CDBF-4B90-AA0B-7D7B796F2906.jpeg
Views:	338
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	346363

Comment

• CCC - I will be trying that on my Panzer IV build. Great stuff. Yes, the mesh works and is cheap.

Comment

• Rubicon - Your proving ground is set up nicely. Your Sherman is crazy! Great shot!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20220520_182544.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	346414Click image for larger version

Name:	20220520_182702.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	346415Click image for larger version

Name:	20220520_182714.jpg
Views:	264