Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put up a youtube clip of my collection of WW2 German tanks, from the PzKpfw 1A to the PzKpfw Tiger 2.

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• SWMBO; "Uhm... is it me, or did your -one- tank slowly turn into about one-and-a-halve tank over the course of a week?"

Me; "Must be you, sweetie..."

Click image for larger version  Name:	TankStuffPocalypse.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	130.9 KB ID:	317276

Back on the left a .50cal ammo box that will become my charger box/LiPo safe. Awesome deal from Varusteleka . Ordered on a sunday, delivered on a Teusday. From FINLAND TO THE NETHERLANDS!!!! That delivery guy must have taken ALL the meth...

Next to that some ammo... should last me a while. Next to that a nice bunch of chemicals to glue ABS, assorted connectors, wire and tools. My trusty soldering schtick. Next row; "Suspect #1", my Sherman. Next to that my spare hull, and a spare turret (Thank you, Forgebear!) and a load of ABS stock for alterations. And in front of it all the armoury. .30cal, .50cal barrel, metal engine grills, my Voltage Alarm thingamabob, a metal horn with cover, various plastic spare covers, and a metal .50cal...

Think I have enough stuff for now? You'd think so, but I still have some stuff coming in. The complete plastic accessory set for starters. And still looking for a Firefly barrel and eying some metal commander and loader hatches.... Yeah.... this is gonna be fun.

TTFN
      Rob
      Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

• Nothin special... just playin with the Abrams in the back yard..
        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Finished my DAK Panzer 1A, the Takom kit motorized and radio controlled with Heng Long 1:30 components. I wish I had a Kubelwagen to pose next to it, it’s tiny!

Click image for larger version

Name:	0723D050-53CB-4602-82DA-FE17B63DAE15.jpeg
Views:	865
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	317373

Name:	0268EF17-5885-4050-B34C-B54BEE820D16.jpeg
Views:	833
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	317374

Name:	7985046E-2AAC-4A89-9A93-84A149D30AEF.jpeg
Views:	841
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	317377

Name:	393C2BDE-E291-4E70-A480-EAD50DC316ED.jpeg
Views:	858
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	317376

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
            Finished my DAK Panzer 1A, the Takom kit motorized and radio controlled with Heng Long 1:30 components. I wish I had a Kubelwagen to pose next to it, it’s tiny!
            Woah, that's nice!!!

Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

• So cool looking, even thought it is the desert :-) Nice palm trees! Are they decals or you painted them on?

Comment

• Just a couple of my Heng Long Tiger 1 coming along nicely, slight dry brushing using Tamiya Weathering Master kits, once I’m happy I’ll probably go over those areas again using paint, then a sealing layer of Matt lacquer. The next item on my list are the tracks, I was planning on running the tank through a layer of mud, back onto asphalt to clean the high spots and then just leave them.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                  So cool looking, even thought it is the desert :-) Nice palm trees! Are they decals or you painted them on?
                  Thanks! The markings are decals from “Star Decals”, from Sweden.

Comment

• Soane, an easy way to do tracks is to spray them with a matte light brown paint, like ModelMasters Light Earth. Any similar paint will do, even hardware store paint if it’s matte. Advantage over mud is permanance. After you’ve painted, step two is as you noted, run it around asphalt or concrete. Of course, you can run into mud later anyway, that’s a tanks “happy place”. Here’s that method on metal PzKpfw IV and plastic M4 Sherman tracks. The black M4 tracks were sprayed silver first, then brown.

Name:	E1522E8F-2B1E-4FA2-8D5C-9BE645D067D4.jpeg
Views:	567
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	317623

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	B66192D6-4E21-4E38-8A85-DECEDD2BFD1E.jpeg
Views:	496
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	318055 Fifteen minutes playing in the grass and ground cover followed by 30 minutes on the work bench cleaning yields the above harvest from my Challenger 2's tracks, sprockets, idlers and road wheels!

Comment

• So, you have fun outside in the sun and fresh air, -and- you end up with a healthy salad. I call that a win-win situation!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob1970 View Post
                          So, you have fun outside in the sun and fresh air, -and- you end up with a healthy salad. I call that a win-win situation!
                          Lol! Yep, cant be beat!

Comment

Finished my DAK Panzer 1A, the Takom kit motorized and radio controlled with Heng Long 1:30 components. I wish I had a Kubelwagen to pose next to it, it’s tiny!

Name:	0723D050-53CB-4602-82DA-FE17B63DAE15.jpeg
Views:	865
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	317373

Name:	0268EF17-5885-4050-B34C-B54BEE820D16.jpeg
Views:	833
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	317374

Name:	7985046E-2AAC-4A89-9A93-84A149D30AEF.jpeg
Views:	841
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	317377

Name:	393C2BDE-E291-4E70-A480-EAD50DC316ED.jpeg
Views:	858
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	317376

By the way guys, the RC Tank Warfare forum (Based in UK) runs a "Tank of the Month" poll. You could enhance the honor of Hobby Squawk by voting for your favorite son (me)! 😁

Comment

By the way guys, the RC Tank Warfare forum (Based in UK) runs a "Tank of the Month" poll. You could enhance the honor of Hobby Squawk by voting for your favorite son (me)! 😁
                              Link? We could spotlight it on the live show next week.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• This is the “voting” link.
                                https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/foru...?f=203&t=31849

This is the overall sub forum.
                                https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/foru...orum.php?f=203

Also, a link to a video clip of the 1A in action.

Comment

• Well, I tried to vote for you but they seem to be unwilling to send me a registration confirmation email. They probably dont want ex-colonials either voting or heaven forbid, winning. Though I did note you are currently ahead in the voting.

Comment

• ?

Comment

?
                                      That’s an understatement.

Comment

?
                                        Another troll with an excrement fixation... this time it's pee...

Edit; Oh, and the mods didn't notice his username? Banhammer the fool already!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob1970 View Post

Another troll with an excrement fixation... this time it's pee...

Edit; Oh, and the mods didn't notice his username? Banhammer the fool already!
                                          Rob, Trust me, I noticed the "Username". I cannot speak for other moderators, I give the benefit of the doubt the first time and ask the offender for a self-delete of the post or posts. Frankly, I've seen sillier usernames here, mine for example. So if a someone wants to use something unseemly as a moniker, that's on him or her. Most of his posts have been deleted, he is on notice. Any further offenses and his IP will be blocked. Respectfully, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X