X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UltraVargen View Post
    Finally got to take the King Tiger outside. We went to the "Ginkelse Heide", a beautiful natural area close to where we live. It was one of the drop zones used by British parachutists in 1944 during the Battle of Arnhem, as a prelude to Operation Market Garden.
    More information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Arnhem
    During the outing two Apache helicopters of the Dutch Royal Airforce showed up, maybe they thought there was a German invasion going on. Just kidding, there's a military traininground nearby, so they were just doing practices.

It was fun to finally drive the tank outside. It had some difficulty with the terrain in the "low" engine setting. But with the "high" setting it worked pretty well. I think I will need to install red motors sometime though, as I feel I was taxing the motors in this terrain.

My dad took these pictures:

Made it look like a wartime photo:
    fantastic paint job there, and good setting to show it off! I'd recommend red motors, myself. They really do help with torque in the low end, besides just top-end speed (which is a lot easier to avoid with the new control boards, since it can look a bit silly when your tank just takes off flying...)

Depending on the money you have to spend, could also look at a different/upgraded gearbox setup (not sure what you already have, though). That's still usually a pretty quick and easy drop-in upgrade, same with drive axle support bearings.

Comment

• fuchstraumer Thanks fir the compliment!
      My tank has the steel gearboxes, but those drive axle upgrades look interesting. Maybe something for later down the road.

​​​​​

Comment

• Since I finally got my 1:35 scale rc Tamiya Mk 4 Male WW1 British tank working, it qualifies for this thread! Alpha, Heng Long, are you seeing this? Imagine it in 1:16 scale.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0745.JPEG Views:	1 Size:	183.5 KB ID:	270364

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0744.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	129.5 KB ID:	270365

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0739.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	176.9 KB ID:	270368
        Attached Files
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Soon to be posted “The Tamiya Abrams” a year in review. So look for it in the Tank threads section. Or visit my Instagram @ Fsttank for spoilers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BC8894F8-A7F2-4E1E-AD16-4A277C3090C0.jpeg
Views:	895
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	270561

Comment

• I was lucky to find this 6.0 Panzer IV for a good price. Given the disruptions in the supply chain and likely cost increases in the future, I grabbed it. I'm still adding weathering and grime, but it looks pretty good compared to the plastic tank that came out of the foam packaging! The scheme is era 1942 Eastern Front, a gray tank told to put on some dunkelgrun camo, info taken from a website.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0895.jpg Views:	0 Size:	330.4 KB ID:	270739Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0898.jpg Views:	0 Size:	349.2 KB ID:	270740

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0901.jpg Views:	0 Size:	253.9 KB ID:	270741
            Attached Files

Comment

• Very nice!
              Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                I was lucky to find this 6.0 Panzer IV for a good price. Given the disruptions in the supply chain and likely cost increases in the future, I grabbed it. I'm still adding weathering and grime, but it looks pretty good compared to the plastic tank that came out of the foam packaging! The scheme is era 1942 Eastern Front, a gray tank told to put on some dunkelgrun camo, info taken from a website.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0895.jpg Views:	0 Size:	330.4 KB ID:	270739Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0898.jpg Views:	0 Size:	349.2 KB ID:	270740

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0901.jpg Views:	0 Size:	253.9 KB ID:	270741
                Nice work! Love how much a good paint job does for these tanks, the base plastic color or paint jobs provide a solid base if nothing else

Comment

• Thanks, FS!

So, I guess this shows why T-72's had fuel tanks on the outside. A friend with a 3D printer found this file of a fuel drum, and it fits my T-72.

Name:	IMG_0907.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	453.2 KB
ID:	271755

Comment

• SoCalBobS, Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!! Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	0CD97941-C61A-4A48-B191-9CFAD6FFD74D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	319.5 KB ID:	273346
                      Afghanistan or California?

T-72
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	491776B4-580E-42B8-A47D-66751D4B6631.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	316.1 KB ID:	273345

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	0CD97941-C61A-4A48-B191-9CFAD6FFD74D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	319.5 KB ID:	273346
                        Afghanistan or California?

T-72
                        Click image for larger version Name:	491776B4-580E-42B8-A47D-66751D4B6631.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	316.1 KB ID:	273345

Are you ready for the next battles day in San Diego this coming Sunday the 13th. I will have my T72s out again and a few others new tanks. It hasn’t been posted yet I don’t know why but it is happening.

Comment

• I’ll be there. We were testing our LegoDEI receivers. Now THEY have a nice range!

Comment

• I'll be testing this guy out there too. Something for the T-34's and Shermans to aim at!

Name:	IMG_0926.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	273795

Comment

• M26 Pershing Redo. 5.3 to 6.0 HL electronic upgrade. Removed the airsoft to run the IR in the barrel. 3D printed a new speaker box, and IR receiver battle base, (LegoDEI receiver). Lots of paint.

Name:	IMG_3693.JPG
Views:	661
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	276900Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3688.JPG
Views:	617
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	276901Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3680.JPG
Views:	593
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	276902Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3690.JPG
Views:	605
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	276903Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3691.JPG
Views:	587
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	276904

Comment

• BC, fine looking tank. How do you like the M26? it's one I'd thought of buying and upgrading too. And for others on the thread, is it me or would it be relatively easy for Heng Long to make an M60 off this chassis? Alpha?

Comment

BC, fine looking tank. How do you like the M26? it's one I'd thought of buying and upgrading too. And for others on the thread, is it me or would it be relatively easy for Heng Long to make an M60 off this chassis? Alpha?
                                  It’s actually a much smaller tank then the M60, closer in size to the M47, but still many of us like your thinking. HL needs an M60 tank. 🤞🤞

The M26 made by HL is an old offering and is a good bit out of scale. It is a great running tank none the less especially if upgraded with a 6.0^ system or other aftermarket MFU. The Tamiya M26 that is being offered by Motion is an excellent tank and a much better representation of the M26. It’s expensive but one gets what they pay for.

Comment

BC, fine looking tank. How do you like the M26? it's one I'd thought of buying and upgrading too. And for others on the thread, is it me or would it be relatively easy for Heng Long to make an M60 off this chassis? Alpha?
                                    My son has an older, much older, version of the M26. He's driven it hard and put it away wet. It works today as well as it did when he got it. Only upgrade is a Taigen 4:1 gearbox. He's always wanted one for our battlefield but refused to give up the airsoft. So, I bought this one assuming it would be the same and we could work together to paint it, and do some minor upgrades. It has been difficult from day 1. It arrived with countless broken posts in the turret and hull, the rotation gearbox was rattling free inside the hull, 4 of the road wheel arms were split, and the elevation posts near the mantlet were broken. It took a long time and ingenuity to get it running. So far, with our limited testing, it has been fine. Fortunately, they're pretty inexpensive and not a great loss if it falls in a bottomless pit. We could always scrap it, and use the metal tracks on his older version. I see them as a great way to work on new electronics, 3D printing parts, and learning how to paint.

Comment

• My StuG III project completed; 6.0S, airsoft removed, IR emitter in barrel, IR receiver in cupola, FPV camera magnetically mounted.

Name:	StuG III 11.jpeg
Views:	620
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	278097Click image for larger version

Name:	StuG III 13.jpeg
Views:	580
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	278098

Name:	StuG III 14.jpeg
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	278099

Comment

My StuG III project completed; 6.0S, airsoft removed, IR emitter in barrel, IR receiver in cupola, FPV camera magnetically mounted.

Name:	StuG III 11.jpeg
Views:	620
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	278097Click image for larger version

Name:	StuG III 13.jpeg
Views:	580
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	278098

Name:	StuG III 14.jpeg
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	278099
                                        Looks really good!! 👍👍

Comment

• Finished my T-34. I used some Archer water slide transfers to decorate the turret. No clue what it says, could be "Baby on Board" for all I know. They give it the requisite flavor at any rate.

Name:	T-34.85 07.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	278619

Name:	T-34.85 08.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	278620 ​​​​​​​

Comment