Name:	IMG_20200527_1852446_rewind.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	256818Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200527_1857010_rewind.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	256819
      Hello and thank you for the add. My names Iain, and I live in the Peak District of Derbyshire, UK. This is my T72, which has been my lockdown toy in the UK. It is standard, apart from the painting, and weathering. It now has working rear lights, made with 2mm fibre optics and lenses made from old jewellery. I also have an old Tamiya Leopard A1, which is undergoing a bit of a restoration. I hope to get the Challenger 2, Leopard and T90. None of which will stay standard. I especially would like to have a go at the Challenger Megatron.

Comment

• Wow! That's some beautiful work. Welcome to the Squawk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post
          Hello and thank you for the add. My names Iain, and I live in the Peak District of Derbyshire, UK. This is my T72, which has been my lockdown toy in the UK. It is standard, apart from the painting, and weathering. It now has working rear lights, made with 2mm fibre optics and lenses made from old jewellery. I also have an old Tamiya Leopard A1, which is undergoing a bit of a restoration. I hope to get the Challenger 2, Leopard and T90. None of which will stay standard. I especially would like to have a go at the Challenger Megatron.
          Hey Iain, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Liking the scheme on your T-72. well done, Sir. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Danish M41 DK-1 Click image for larger version

Name:	Henglong DK1.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	258203

Comment

• Converted a HL M4A3 Sherman to an M36BI. It uses the Mato M36 turret, 3D printed travel lock relocation, IR receiver base, and Jerry cans. It used a HL 6.1s (for servo recoil and elevation).
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2444.jpg
Views:	946
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	258227
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2608.JPG Views:	0 Size:	127.4 KB ID:	258225
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2590.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.6 KB ID:	258224

Comment

• Excellent tanks!

Comment

• Nice work to both of you.

Comment

• Good looking tanks there.💯

Comment

• Hello. I'm a newbie in this forum, but I play with RC Tanks from some years.

Here some of my models:

My Tiger I Early full metal by Taigen. IR with IBU2U board.

My Pershig by Tamiya

My Sherman by Tamiya

My T34/85 full metal by Taigen. IR with IBU2 board.

My M16 Halftrack by Torro

My son's Tiger I Mid full metal by Taigen. IR with IBU2 board.

Thanks

Comment

• Excellent models! And, it looks like you have a great battle ground to fight on.

Comment

• Thank you, Prowler901.

A great battle ground that lasts only 3 days. 😄 This is our battle ground for the largest Italian RC Models Fair, once a year in Verona. This pictures are from 2019 event.
                          😊

Comment

• Very nice! Which is your favourite tank?
                            ​​​

Comment

• Hello UltraVargen.

In my collection I have only WW2 tanks, so I talk about this ones.

My favourite RC battle tank for IR battle is my "old and little" Sherman Tamiya. Good maneuverability, never a problem. Only if I have to battle against a lot of heavy tanks, like Tigers and King Tigers, I prefere the Pershing.

My favourite RC tank to simulate the movement of a real tank on the battleground, compared in our 1/16 scale, my favourite is my Full Metal Tiger 1. With his weigh of approximate 8 kgs., it's really like to see a mighty unstoppable real tank.

My favourite real tank is the M-24 Chaffee. It's a small tank, but I really like his design. Unfortunately it's not available as RC Tank.

And yours?

Comment

• I'm just getting into RC tanks myself, the only one I have is the Heng Long King Tiger which I'm currently modifying/painting. I'm yet to drive it outside.
                                In general I mostly prefer the looks of WW2 German and Russian tanks. The King Tiger, Jagdtiger, KV-1 and 2, T-34. I must say I also like the Cold War Soviet armor.

Comment

• Ranger Lungan - Welcome to hobbysquawk buddy! Love those pictures. Are there any wide shots that show the entire battlefield? Looks so good.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_57727.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	259388Click image for larger version

Name:	image_57726.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	259387Click image for larger version

Name:	image_57725.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	259389
                                    A few pics: All have IBU2U boards.

Comment

• THIS is an astounding battleground! Great place BcuriousR!! Where is it?

Also thumb up for your models! I had some issues to fit the IBU2 in the T34/85... Don't you?

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                                        Ranger Lungan - Welcome to hobbysquawk buddy! Love those pictures. Are there any wide shots that show the entire battlefield? Looks so good.
                                        Unfortunately, the only one I have is this one:

Taken while the work was in progress...

This is a detail uf U.S. Camp

Detail of German outpost

People watching

People playing

😂

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger Lungan View Post
                                          THIS is an astounding battleground! Great place BcuriousR!! Where is it?

Also thumb up for your models! I had some issues to fit the IBU2 in the T34/85... Don't you?

Its a Torro/Taigen hull, so it's a little different. And it's IR only, so no airsoft unit to work around.
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0767.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	88.4 KB ID:	259533

Thank you. The battlefield belongs to the FRAG (Front Range Armored Group) RC Tank Club in Colorado. After 19 years, we are moving the battlefield, hopefully indoors.
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8913.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	311.7 KB ID:	259534

Comment

Working...
                                          X