Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm half tempted to get her and her mate and attach IR receivers to them for target practice. But thought it would take too long to teach them to roll over and play dead after 6 hits!

Comment

• Three T72s. The one on the left is a standard T72, the middle is being built up into an “up armored” T72 and the far right is a fully modernized T72 with completely new turret.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6D7634F9-C83D-435B-8A97-7E94B2AFEDC8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	234.3 KB ID:	253519

Comment

• You're going to make me buy another tank I don't need...

Comment

• Well I got another excellent Heng Long T72 added to the inventory. This one was specifically built for use as a “loaner” tank at the regional club events/battles I attend.

It has almost completely stock running hardware, but was given a new non standard look. The theme for the new look is “up armor & advanced optics”. I also added one of the new LegoDEI 6.0 HL battle receiver. It can be seen peaking out of the “loaders hatch” opening.

Note: 99% of the parts used to create this “up armor” look are “off the shelf” HL parts (T90, ZTZ99 and Abrams).

More photos and videos of this and other tanks can be found on my Instagram @ fsttanks so feel free to check them out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6484B6DC-3ADD-422E-9E76-4C33714943A6.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	300.4 KB ID:	253947
          Heng Long T72 “Up armored”

Click image for larger version  Name:	29F45F05-FF06-4E21-90D5-66A4028D1CF1.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	240.2 KB ID:	253946
          Heng Long T72. “Desert” (left) is fully modified and “Up armor” (right) is mostly stock running hardware.

Click image for larger version  Name:	52592C41-37AC-4C12-B5C8-E83B6651A572.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	199.6 KB ID:	253945

Click image for larger version  Name:	F0F90E07-B9B8-488E-BFD5-64F1A36FD339.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	242.4 KB ID:	253944

Click image for larger version  Name:	182011F4-6F5B-4053-AFC4-54221DAD99D7.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	392.6 KB ID:	253948
          Attached Files

Comment

• Pretty freak-in cool!

Comment

• OH gawd, another one on the wish list

Comment

• Since, as yet, I have not connected with anyone local for scale tank battles, I had to go against the only other tank that I know of nearby. This one resides in front of a local automotive repair shop. Alas, the shots I took at it didn't seem to have any effect on it at all.

Comment

• Dusk Patrol this evening.

Comment

• Did some front and backyard patrol today with the Sherman. My tank still needs all the bits and pieces added to it but I still have projects ahead of it. When I took the picture my wife picked up the controller and was having fun driving it!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	tank2.jpeg
Views:	962
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	254726

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                      Did some front and backyard patrol today with the Sherman. My tank still needs all the bits and pieces added to it but I still have projects ahead of it. When I took the picture my wife picked up the controller and was having fun driving it!

Name:	tank2.jpeg
Views:	962
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	254726
                      ...as long as you don't give her any BB's!

Comment

• Comment

• Figured I'd better contribute, although I'd posted this tank elsewhere. It's a vintage HL Panther G modified by Mato, when they were the primary source!

Name:	Panther G 1.JPG
Views:	866
Size:	312.7 KB
ID:	255782
                          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Nice! What process did you use to get the tracks that wonderful rusty brown?

Comment

• Thanks Prowler! My process is "dirt" simple. (Remove the track, of course) These are plastic tracks. Spray them with flat aluminum or steel, Tamiya or Modelmasters, I can't remember which. Gotta be flat. Then I use Modelmasters "Light Earth" spray and give it a light overspray coat, so the steel shows through. The variances in how much spray is fine, just do light sprays from a little ways away until you get the effect you need. The sprays won't affect the track function unless you pour it on. It stays on even though rough offroad use!

Comment

• Nice technique. Thanks for sharing. It really does look good.

Comment

• Not a still photo, but a short video of my Panther G!

A 1/16 scale Heng Long panther G, videoed with an iPhone 11 and a microcam/VTX, edited with Wondershare Filmora, with Radetsky's March played by the German A...

Comment

• Heng Long T72 rear end photo of how the recovery log is attached.

Name:	CC2C9695-CFF6-47BE-8419-879A500FC7C4.jpeg
Views:	778
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	256328^^^^^ Log usually does not hit obstacles But when it does it saves the fuel drums from being ripped off.

vvvvv Below is a close up of how the log attaches to the rear hull. I used wire for a more realistic look and stronger attachment vs the zip ties HL recommended.

Name:	D47C54C1-4B1A-4211-8E82-CA2C62490B25.jpeg
Views:	840
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	256327

Comment

• That looks fantastic. Love the painting/weathering of the barrels and straps.

Comment

• Heng Long King Tiger "PRO" Edition Weathered with Vallejo products, decals by Peddinhaus.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HL-KT.jpg Views:	2 Size:	410.9 KB ID:	256657

Comment

• Did you use salt technique or sponge?

Comment

Working...
                                          X