Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The start of detailing my M4A1. My sons Panzer IV will be next. Way more detail to come on the Sherman, I have some wild ideas. I used high temp grill paint on the metal tracks, we will see how this works out.
    Attached Files

Comment

• NCflying Looking good, Sir. Like the tracks for sure. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• NOT MINE but still these are well done 1/16 Tamiya “based” Sherman’s that I though some would enjoy seeing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	99D76692-B2B2-4C17-867E-17F7DF7460A9.jpeg
Views:	1059
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	244332Click image for larger version

Name:	340B26F9-2102-4BDF-9A79-787DB772A09C.jpeg
Views:	1008
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	244333

Comment

• So, has anyone 3D printed a "Tank Girl" figure to go in the tank commander's hatch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
            NOT MINE but still these are well done 1/16 Tamiya “based” Sherman’s that I though some would enjoy seeing.
            R9, Those are very realistic pictures and the detailing is outstanding. My compliments to the owner(s). Thank you for posting these, truly inspiring. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
              So, has anyone 3D printed a "Tank Girl" figure to go in the tank commander's hatch?
              Being so close to Hong Kong, which is known for the GK "Garage Kit" resin industry, we've spent a couple years getting to know sculptors and casters. There's a lot of background research that goes into these sorts of things before we put anything on the website, trying to avoid recasting unless/until there is proof of provenance, and also to ensure quality castings and consistent production. There are many options in 1/35 but fewer in 1/16. It's a long road, but we're getting there.

Name:	Sherman - Crew of Four.jpg
Views:	1126
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	244462Click image for larger version

Name:	T-35 Crew of Three.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	244463

Name:	Panzer III - Commander.jpg
Views:	1077
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	244465Click image for larger version

Name:	Panzer III -Popuar Anime Crew Set.jpg
Views:	1114
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	244464
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Being so close to Hong Kong, which is known for the GK "Garage Kit" resin industry, we've spent a couple years getting to know sculptors and casters. There's a lot of background research that goes into these sorts of things before we put anything on the website, trying to avoid recasting unless/until there is proof of provenance, and also to ensure quality castings and consistent production. There are many options in 1/35 but fewer in 1/16. It's a long road, but we're getting there.
                Are you saying MRC is going to carry custom parts for version changes and stuff?

Comment

• Hi Alpha, if those are some examples of figures that may be available from MRC, that would be great, and sign me up for some, as adding soldiers on the tank make it really come alive...!

Comment

• Absolutely. Y'all didn't think we'd just stop at carrying only the stock vehicles themselves, did you? We aim to do to RC Tanks what we did to RC Foam Electric.

#LevelUp

Comment

• I'm tempted to do a meme with one of those pictures.....

Comment

• A work in progress... Click image for larger version

Name:	20200325_183646 (2).jpg
Views:	1033
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	245000

Comment

• JCB 67 I may have missed it, but how did you create the driver's vision blocks? I see in this photo you have the red-hued vision blocks in your tank and it really helps tie together the model's realism!

Comment

• East Coast Armory has all the glass for the Heng Long M1A2

,,,,,,About halfway down the page.

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	245012

Comment

• Alpha I made a pattern by pressing aluminum foil around the glass frame, then trimmed that and transferred that to a piece of thicker paper. I measured the paper pattern and cut strips of thin clear plastic and trimmed to length and shape for the vision ports and cupola. I colored the blue and red on the back side with permanent markers and glued with Tester's window glue. Hope this makes sense :-) ...I couldn't find my sheets of Evergreen plastic so I used a thin material from a clam pack I had laying around. On other tanks with smaller window openings, you can fill in the glass openings by just using Testers glue/window maker or similar product by itself.

Comment

JCB 67 I may have missed it, but how did you create the driver's vision blocks? I see in this photo you have the red-hued vision blocks in your tank and it really helps tie together the model's realism!
                                Still learning to use this message system, sorry. I left you a reply #134 p.7 … Jim

Comment

Name:	Sherman - Crew of Four.jpg
Views:	1126
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	244462Click image for larger version

Name:	T-35 Crew of Three.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	244463

Name:	Panzer III - Commander.jpg
Views:	1077
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	244465Click image for larger version

Name:	Panzer III -Popuar Anime Crew Set.jpg
Views:	1114
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	244464
                                  Yeah, I figure a commercially available figure will need to deal with potential copyright and licensing issues, both from the original Tank Girl comics and the ensuing movie. However, the home hobbyist with a 3D printer, so long as they aren't listing them for sale, usually is beneath the notice of the copyright holder.

Comment

• Bone stock...

Click image for larger version  Name:	437162EB-8D94-4AE1-BE4E-E9198B379DE5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	269.2 KB ID:	245305

Click image for larger version  Name:	CCA175AD-1B4D-40C5-9DC7-5854CBB882F0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	296.6 KB ID:	245306

Click image for larger version  Name:	A4D71D3C-E599-4675-AE41-95AF1D637B10.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	326.4 KB ID:	245307

Click image for larger version  Name:	6D30B62E-25C9-457A-B98C-5F52C4ADFE6E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	353.8 KB ID:	245309
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	F423008C-0768-488A-8A08-B09D351B92B3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	322.4 KB ID:	245310
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Looks good TiredironGRB! It kind of has that Lion King, Pride Rock Mufasa vibe, even if is a Tiger instead.

Comment

• Here’s my Henglong King Tiger with Porsche turret in black and white to look like an authentic photo

Comment

• This is a Heng Long M26 Pershing I did in a early/mid 60s “what if still in service” theme build and kit out.

More on Instagram @ Fsttanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	3C258F2A-6B6F-4820-96BA-F26E0FFE358C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	202.3 KB ID:	245570Click image for larger version  Name:	0BC0FCBF-BC18-4564-89F6-7D4C42B2CA39.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	223.7 KB ID:	245571

Comment

Working...
                                          X