Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon has some great looking tanks, I also like picking out all the German tank hulks used in his proving grounds...

Comment

• Originally posted by Merry Boozer RC View Post
      Rubicon99 the bed roles and extra (junk) in back for lack of better wording looks great on the back of that. What did you use to make the bed role. I’ve seen another tankers who even made toilet paper for his tank 😂 I love seeing all these modifications! 👍great job and keep the customizing coming.
      I can’t take credit for most of them on this Abrams. They are REALLY old. I bought them back in 2000 for another tank that has been long removed from use. The company no longer makes them or anything close to 1/16 scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
        Rubicon has some great looking tanks, I also like picking out all the German tank hulks used in his proving grounds...
        LOL....I have German, Russian and America tank hulls. I try not to play favorites.....

Comment

• Heng Long V6.0 Jagdpanther Pro Edition (from Motion RC). All I've done to this model is touch up the factory camo as it stopped short on the sides, added camo to the sprockets, idlers, road wheels, paint and weather the metal tracks, detail paint accessories, added Peddinghaus decals. I then weathered with Vallejo weathering / washes and a coat of Matte clear. I also re-clocked the suspension arm springs to the stiffer setting, as it came from the factory with the metal upgrades, the suspension was way to soft.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Jagdpanther.jpg Views:	3 Size:	188.9 KB ID:	251606

Comment

• Looks great!

Comment

• KV85 - KVS - KV?.....
              Photo taken during recent IR tank battle. I have to say this is not my best handling tank it is underpowered, but even still I really enjoy driving the KV. It is reliable, fights well and is excellent at smashing through brush and weeds.

Sorry about the photo quality it was taken from rather far away on my phone. Instagram @ fsttanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	C6BC2C78-5E84-4DEE-89DC-8D525C0AA9C5.jpeg Views:	35 Size:	223.7 KB ID:	251861

Comment

• I see you have the new LegoDEI sunshade on that one.. Did you do the KV? mod to the KV-1?

Comment

I see you have the new LegoDEI sunshade on that one.. Did you do the KV85 mod to the KV-1?
                  Yes it has the LegoDEI receiver and 360 sunshade.
                  The tank is officially a KV-85-34 “Fake Tank”. It was thought to exist for some time after WWII and even written about, but it was later found to never have existed even as a prototype. It was just a fun theoretical tank to build.

The real KV85 used a slightly larger JS-2 turret with an 85mm cannon. This one uses a T34-85 turret.

Comment

• I'm thinking you like the little tanks for sneaking around and in and out of tight places....

Comment

I'm thinking you like the little tanks for sneaking around and in and out of tight places....
                      The KV is anything but small, though it is more on the small side of large...LOL. I actually prefer mid size fast tanks with wide stances like the T72 and M41 for all around IR battling. I am known for fast, aggressive, attacking, pressing deep behind enemy lines and shooting up the rear. It gets me killed more often than not, but makes a mess out of things for the other side....LoL

The KV is a bit too slow for my usual tactics, but is great at smashing through brush and attacking from where it is least expected, or escaping through brush that other have a hard time following after you or are unwilling to follow.

Comment

• Here are a couple oldies but goodies. More can be seen on my Instagram @ fsttanks
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	97C89A50-CFFE-418B-BE4C-C86061AFB6A3.jpeg
Views:	876
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	252323 Heng Long Abrams airborne during an r/c tank demonstration. This Abrams is highly modified with a tuned “long travel” suspension and custom internal supports to be able to routinely perform jumps like this.

Name:	5E2BB674-AF83-46D4-A870-E9D2280604AF.jpeg
Views:	874
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	252324 Heng Long Abrams. My absolute, most abused tank. I used it for proof testing new running hardware and modifications. It set new standards to which all my tanks must now achieve. It was retired not long ago and now sits on a display in my hobby room.

Comment

• So this flying tank is retired now? I suppose you have a new flying tank.

Comment

So this flying tank is retired now? I suppose you have a new flying tank.
                            Retired from active service it is. Yes the new ones fly even better....

Comment

• Heng Long T90 on R/C tank trials course obstacles.

Name:	FD1AB4AC-3935-4494-9A6D-E4ED88DD77B5.jpeg
Views:	830
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	252500

Click image for larger version  Name:	23D31F6D-12B0-4F2B-A8CC-3BB7531448AF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	195.6 KB ID:	252499

Comment

• Rubicon99 So when you going to do a new "Modern Tank" round-up with the new 6.0 tanks?

Comment

Rubicon99 So when you going to do a new "Modern Tank" round-up with the new 6.0 tanks?
                                  I won't be doing an updated 6.0 modern tank "head to head" trials until I can get my hands on a 6.0/1 Challenger 2 and Abrams. Motion sold out before I was able to get them. I have access to 6.0 versions, but the folks that own them will not let me abuse them the way that is needed for a fair comparison. I have all the others T72/90, ZTZ99 and Leopard 2.

Once Motion is restocked I will be acquiring both so I suspect sometime in late June early July.

Comment

• More tanks are on the way later this month. As we mentioned on a recent Live Show, we encourage everyone on the Notify Me list to get to the website quickly to maximize your chance of getting one before these sell out as well. It's currently tracking for that eventuality, at least.
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Decided some early morning maneuvering practice was in order since this is my first tank. Figured if I plan on at least making a decent showing in my first IR battle I should get to know what my little Sherman can do and how it moves and such. Needed to get a little dirt on my tank anyway. Mowed down an area at the edge of my property for my "proving ground".

Name:	ManPrac_01.jpg
Views:	776
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	253318

Name:	ManPrac_02.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	253319
                                      It can climb my little hill pretty good. With the chevron facing the way they do it definitely climbs better going backwards but it'll still make it up.

Name:	ManPrac_03.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	253320
                                      I didn't notice her at first but the female of my local Box turtle family was out cruising around as well. The male was back in the edge of the woods still.

Name:	ManPrac_04.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	253321

Name:	ManPrac_05.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	329.2 KB
ID:	253322
                                      She did not like the noise of my Sherman...

Comment

• Good stuff, Beeg! Maybe you should model up a little turret for your box turtles.

Comment

Decided some early morning maneuvering...She did not like the noise of my Sherman...
                                          Beeg, In the future, beware of Turtle sized "Sticky Bombs" on your treads. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X