Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my Bulldog out for a run in the snow today. Looks pretty neat when it's pushing its way through the winter white.
    Only I seem to lose my towing hooks more than once so I just took them off (both front and rear).
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchy93 View Post
      Took my Bulldog out for a run in the snow today. Looks pretty neat when it's pushing its way through the winter white.
      Only I seem to lose my towing hooks more than once so I just took them off (both front and rear).
      Yeah, my hooks are somewhere on some field of battle too! 😥
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Yeah, my hooks are somewhere on some field of battle too! 😥
        Sorry to hear that Bob. I thought about glueing them on, but the risk of breaking them, or possibly the hull, is not something I'm keen on running.
        Even without it the tank looks great

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchy93 View Post

Sorry to hear that Bob. I thought about glueing them on, but the risk of breaking them, or possibly the hull, is not something I'm keen on running.
          Even without it the tank looks great
          Tow hooks on the lower front and rear glances are always at high risk of being lost or broken off especially if you enjoy driving your tank in rough off road conditions. I have a small bin of spare tow hooks to replace the ones I break off....lol

Comment

• I have both shelf queens and rough 'n tumble tanks. The Bulldog is the latter!

Comment

• Rare snow day so taking advantage of it.

KV and T72 got to play.

Click image for larger version

Name:	28EDFBBA-9B2B-4956-BFBF-DE9FA019C730.jpeg
Views:	576
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	296317Click image for larger version

Name:	5ED4B925-E0C3-4969-A941-3612E52B6AA9.jpeg
Views:	578
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	296318Click image for larger version

Name:	E0A39450-84F9-4905-AED0-BF6369A36F3A.jpeg
Views:	578
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	296320Click image for larger version

Name:	BE03C130-DACC-4FAD-8548-9590E5195F3B.jpeg
Views:	554
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	296319Click image for larger version

Name:	EC8B4F61-28C0-495D-91AB-42CAC3EA0D2B.jpeg
Views:	576
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	296321

Comment

• Its a work-In-progress, but....the weirdest thing happened to one of my Panzer IVs this week. Click image for larger version

Name:	Pz4H.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	296496

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20210127_113731.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	296501Click image for larger version

Name:	20210127_114519.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	296502Click image for larger version

Name:	20210127_111203.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	296503Click image for larger version

Name:	20210127_114142.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	296504Click image for larger version

Name:	20210127_112443.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	296505 A few pictures of my tanks, I'm trying to see if I can get a detrack on one of them

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonk View Post
                    Little accessory pieces I’ve added to my Tiger 1.
                    Welcome! One of my first tanks about 16 years ago was an H-L Tiger I just like that one! I beat the crap out of it driving it over and through everything I could find and eventually ran it through some water deeper than I should have...😏🙄

Yours looks fine and should run good for quite some time! Just be careful...these things are addicting 😎👍!

Comment

• THIS....is why I love RC Tanks...😎
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=296320&d=1611627339.jpg Views:	0 Size:	198.1 KB ID:	296620

Comment

• Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
                        Its a work-In-progress, but....the weirdest thing happened to one of my Panzer IVs this week. Click image for larger version  Name:	Pz4H.jpg Views:	18 Size:	160.1 KB ID:	296496
                        Oh My GAWD!

Aren't these things the best? They're like giant scale (1:16 scale) plastic models that you can detail the crap out of, and then take them out on the battlefield later on! Although I've never been thrilled with the Panzer IV (they just never "clicked" with me), I do appreciate great modeling, and am I right on the subject matter?

A SYRIAN Panzer IV 🤔😎?!?!

Fantastic detail work thus far...

Comment

• Originally posted by Justwingit View Post

Oh My GAWD!

Aren't these things the best? They're like giant scale (1:16 scale) plastic models that you can detail the crap out of, and then take them out on the battlefield later on! Although I've never been thrilled with the Panzer IV (they just never "clicked" with me), I do appreciate great modeling, and am I right on the subject matter?

A SYRIAN Panzer IV 🤔😎?!?!

Fantastic detail work thus far...
                          On the money, the Czech AA mount and soviet DShK up top is kind of a dead giveaway eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vaseline View Post

On the money, the Czech AA mount and soviet DShK up top is kind of a dead giveaway eh?
                            Hah! Something like that...😉

Also, after looking closely at the vehicles that were used in the Golan Heights, appears like you modded the exhausts as well:
                            The last appearance by WWII German tanks on the world’s battlefields came in 1967, when Syria’s panzer force faced off against modern Israeli armor. Quite improbably, Syria had assemble…

Great modeling my friend, I'll be following this closely 😎

Comment

• Here are some of my tanks. I have some pictures of them out in the battlefield also.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Olddowl53 View Post
                                Here are some of my tanks. I have some pictures of them out in the battlefield also.
                                That’s a good start. Now we have to get you to upgrade those underperforming stock IR receivers to a true high performance hobby grade ones.

Comment

• Hi R99,

I came across this the other day. It says it is H/L compatible. I have bought a couple of the LegoDEI units and they were expensive and I haven't taken the time to wire them up yet. Are you familiar with this unit?

Name:	Heng Long Receiver.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	296902

Comment

• Those are from10+ years ago, weren’t good then. Don’t spend a dime on them! Don't know it for a fact, but I’d bet good money they’re absolutely incompatible with today’s tanks. They were made to fit slots in the old 49mhz tanks, so they won’t fit in today’s slots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olddowl53 View Post
                                      Hi R99,

I came across this the other day. It says it is H/L compatible. I have bought a couple of the LegoDEI units and they were expensive and I haven't taken the time to wire them up yet. Are you familiar with this unit?

Name:	Heng Long Receiver.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	296902
                                      Those are JUNK don’t buy them!! Those are the old HL IR receivers and they work NO better to even worst then the new 6.0 ones do especially if you try and use them on a 6.0 and up control system. The new 6.0 receivers main failings are that they have no sunshade. If a person wants to save money then simply adding a shade will about double the effectiveness of the stock 6.0 IR receiver. There is a lengthy thread on this topic somewhere on the forum.

Trust me the Lego DEI you have are “all around” the best of the independent aftermarket IR receivers and compared to a Tamiya receiver they are cheap! All of the aftermarket market offerings will need to be wired and have a base made to work in the 6.0 and up tanks including the one you pictured above.

Comment

• Olddowl, here's how I mounted the LegoDEI receiver. Rare earth magnet glued to a circle of styrene, a piece of PVC pipe. The three element cable is for IR reception, the two element for lighting it up on a hit. I used the three pole plug for the IR circuit, and a set of two pole connectors for the lights. Any two pole connector would do. You can cannibalize the three pole plug on the stock apple if you wanted. The two element goes inside to the tail light circuit on the MFU so it'll light up on a hit. That's optional, so if you don't choose that option, the head and tail lights will do the flashing. Check out the LegoDEI Installation thread for details.

If you have two tanks and two receivers, you're done. If you get more tanks (ha!) just move a receiver to the active tank.

Name:	image_60252.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	296924

Of course, mine are painted!

Name:	IMG_0884.JPEG
Views:	452
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	296925

Comment

• Oh, I just thought...I tried aftermarket shades (3D printed) on HL’s stock apple. It may have increased reception range 5 to 10 feet, but even with this its obsolete compared to L’s.

Comment

Working...
                                          X