X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    Here is a pic of the way the figure should turn out, and a few of the start of the jacket...
    You should have picked a scheme with more dots!

Comment

• That's a lot of dots! Sure is looking great.

Comment

• Beeg Yep!!! and Prowler901 Thanks Bro!! Always wanted to paint one of these guys in 1/16th scale! Elbee Thanks You Sir. You are too kind!

Comment

• My PanTiger showed up 2 days ago. The backyard was mostly dry from a week of fairly steady rain. I haven't touched the paint yet, I need to get some ordered. I haven't owned modeling paints in decades. Amazon delivered a bottle of perma blue today. So I'll have tracks blued tomorrow.

So far I really like it. Drives well. Plenty of power, even with the weight of all metal running gear. I picked up a 7000mah 2S lipo that is the same size as the 1800 that comes with the tank, the 7000mah lasts an hour of steady driving. Much of that through grass overdo for cutting.
          Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
          R. A. Heinlein

Comment

• Nice! That's the next one I'm getting. Where did you get the battery?

Comment

• Thanks Prowler, the PanTiger wasn't on my list of choices. It was a case of I'm stuck at home and need a distraction and was available from a US warehouse. I got it and the battery off Ebay.
              Now that I have it in hand I don't mind that its a non historical mash-up. It is well built, works well. The more I drive it the better I like it.
              Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
              R. A. Heinlein

Comment

• Absolutely love my panzer spent a little over a week painting it. Started out buy washing the model with soap and water then began the weather process. I started by stealing my wife’s hairspray and doing two coats of hairspray on the model. After they had dryer for around 10 minutes I did splotchy white paint from my airbrush all over the tank. Let that dry for about 5 minutes then got out my toothbrush and a cup of water and won’t to town chipping off the white paint. After it was at a level I enjoyed I sealed it in with testers dull coat. I also won’t in with oils and washes but let’s talk about that later

Comment

• @Merry Boozer RC Great job!

Comment

• Love the Panzer!!! Nice

Comment

• Here are a few after midnight painting session pics, on the M-44 pattern wearing figure...

Comment

• What I am trying for in the end... Have a lot of shading, highlighting and weathering to do to get there... Have a blessed day everyone! I am going to get a little sleep!

Comment

• My spots are out of scale... So I may buy another model and try it again. This is good practice though! Been building all kind of models for 40 years and have never attempted a pea dot camo... Seems simple, but.... LOL

Comment

Here are a few after midnight painting session pics, on the M-44 pattern wearing figure...
                            HW, Fantastic work, Bro and I really mean it this time. Seriously, you are a most talented builder and it is good to see you back at it. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

My spots are out of scale... So I may buy another model and try it again. This is good practice though! Been building all kind of models for 40 years and have never attempted a pea dot camo... Seems simple, but.... LOL
                              Still looks good and a great effort. So..instead of 1000 dots you're going for 3000 dots?

Comment

• Looks absolutely amazing to me, Hardway .

Comment

My spots are out of scale... So I may buy another model and try it again. This is good practice though! Been building all kind of models for 40 years and have never attempted a pea dot camo... Seems simple, but.... LOL
                                  That just made me think of how it would be trying to paint the pixelated camo used by the US military now.

I don't think my eyes are that good, nor my hands that steady, any more.

Comment

• Yes! Digital pattern would be mind bending ! 😝. Thanks for the kind words guys!

Comment

• Hardway thats a fantastic job on your officer. And I’m sure you learned a lot on the first figure. The best way to get better at painting is just doing it. Keep up the great work I’m curious to see him put together all the way.

Comment

• A little light and easy Abrams driving fun recently...
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	FD2BBD7B-694E-4B6B-8DBC-D8A2447F9C9A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	205.2 KB ID:	250167Click image for larger version  Name:	F3FCFD54-7319-46AF-805E-C4E83A248632.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	207.1 KB ID:	250168Click image for larger version  Name:	FFF7419F-83E8-467C-A24B-472506E2FAC1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	155.2 KB ID:	250166

Comment

• Rubicon99 the bed roles and extra (junk) in back for lack of better wording looks great on the back of that. What did you use to make the bed role. I’ve seen another tankers who even made toilet paper for his tank 😂 I love seeing all these modifications! 👍great job and keep the customizing coming.

Comment

Working...
                                          X