Click image for larger version

Name:	image_52448.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	241532Click image for larger version

Name:	image_52449.jpg
Views:	932
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	241533 I picked this Super Blue up cheap at the local Walmart. Worked great for the tracks on this T90. I poured the entire container into a glass baking dish and put the tracks in. I used an artist brush to ensure everything was coated.

Comment

Originally posted by Davy101 View Post
      I picked this Super Blue up cheap at the local Walmart. Worked great for the tracks on this T90. I poured the entire container into a glass baking dish and put the tracks in. I used an artist brush to ensure everything was coated.
      Burchwood does a good job of blackening the tracks. They end up with a nice black dark gray finish. Add a bit of dust and dirt maybe some light mud from outdoor running and they will look even better.

Comment

That is absolutely true. This is what the tracks look like after a week of running in dirt and sand. Yesterday they got a good unitentional cleaning when I ran the tank through lots of rain puddles in the yard.

Comment

My M1A2 Abrams made it to the beach. Resistance along the way was lite.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2113.JPEG Views:	23 Size:	213.8 KB ID:	241739

Comment

Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post
            My M1A2 Abrams made it to the beach. Resistance along the way was light.
            RG, Brilliant. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Name:	20200313_184922 (3).jpg
Views:	1130
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	242260

Comment

JCB 67 , Great looking machine, Sir. Camo matches the rocks or I am just seeing things? Well done. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

No decals on her yet, but took her out for a test spin tonight, after she arrived today.

I cut a small piece of foam board to fit the tank commander opening, stuck some Velcro on top, and mounted my Matecam.

Comment

President Putin flexes his muscles on the Ukrainian front. Where are those Abrams at?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200315_120249.jpg Views:	0 Size:	211.8 KB ID:	242730
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_52780.jpg Views:	3 Size:	189.7 KB ID:	242727
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	sexyandiknowit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	278.8 KB ID:	242729

Name:	Drifting.jpg
Views:	853
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	242736
                    Last edited by Davy101; Mar 16, 2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Davy101,Man I am diggin' that mud...., but seriously, you wouldn't want to get 'bogged' down......I am not slime-ing you, am I. ... I need some help. Looks like big fun, SIr. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Elbee,
                        Your avatar sig line says you are in Wichita? If so I'm just down the road from you in Leavenworth. You must have the same mud! :)

Comment

Elbee Davy101 I'm jumping onto Andre's podcast in a minute, during which we'll probably meander into talking tanks. Give us a listen, if you're not out mudding!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Here is our Panzer IV that we custom painted for winter. How we did it here in the link. https://youtu.be/ak4kDdKFRs8

Comment

Davy, I love the mud shots. That's looking great!

Wes, that Panzer IV looks amazing! Great work!

Comment

Sneak Peak.....Something fun under construction on the work bench. This is a “T34-85-I”. It is a combination of a KV1 lower hull and T34-85 turret that was thought to have been tested and fielded in small numbers during WWII according to a book on Russian WWII tanks. It was later found that the tank never existed even as a prototype and has been dubbed a “Fake Tank” by Tanks.encyclopedia.com

This tank as shown is still unpainted and I will be doing a short build and review thread on it shortly. Like the illustrated one in the book I am using a Heng Long KV1 lower and mating a Heng Long T34-85 turret to it.

The red lights on top are part of a new aftermarket HL replacement IR receiver I am testing (yes there will be a review on it soon).
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	58BA6606-0D86-4018-BD15-DB691543F284.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	191.1 KB ID:	242882Click image for larger version  Name:	3C77113D-51FF-4DC5-8067-54700572D4CA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	167.3 KB ID:	242883

Comment

The Sherman has the best smoker!
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0436.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	137.6 KB ID:	242941

Comment

Originally posted by karltrek View Post
                                    The Sherman has the best smoker!
                                    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0436.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	137.6 KB ID:	242941
                                    That is because it caught fire so easily! It was called the Ronson after all!

Great picture though!

Comment

Rubicoon99 ,It's get fun to swap turrets.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rdex2 View Post
                                        Rubicoon99 ,It's get fun to swap turrets.
                                        Yes it is! Easier then most think it is to do and one can come up with some fun and interesting concepts especially with HL tanks being reasonably cheap enough to kit bash for parts.

Comment

• Taking shape....paint is done, weathering has started and only a few final detail parts need to be installed. More photos on my Instagram @fsttanks
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	BC030A79-8D43-44A6-B7C5-3552BA115DEC.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	160.8 KB ID:	243104
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	ECC77742-6FCE-48A6-8B55-45305906E6B8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	242.5 KB ID:	243085

Comment

Working...
                                          X