X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joaquin View Post
    Thanks Rubicon99! Lots of good info in your answer.

Yeah I'm not concerned about the weight & springs, I will add some at the front and replace the springs. But, well, it's a design fault.

I'm more concerned with the IR LED not working, let's see how easy I can access that spot to replace it if needed...
    Just remove the turret from the upper hull, 5 screws, open the turret up by removing 6 screws, this will give you access to the IR bulb and turret internal workings. Replace bulb and screw it all back together. 30min job at best and you will see just how easy these thing are to work on.

Comment

HI I my M41 came yesterday and trying to get it going but my smoke going , I was hoping someone could give me a few pointers with out having to search all over the forum. I put the liquid in the tail pipes and after it starts I hit the smoke button and hear some kind of a pump noise or something but no smoke, it says it may take up to a minute . After several minutes not even a puff.

The other thing is my gun does not depress very far and I get a gear grinding sound I think Im suppose to get 30 degs. up and down . I don't think its has much movement is this normal ?

Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Joaquin View Post
        Hi everyone! My first post here.[*]I don't see the IR LED working when firing. They are usually visible while using cameras, but I can't see anything with this guy. I will need to check with someone else the combat system.
        You wont see it with the naked eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdcrow View Post

You wont see it with the naked eye.
          Agree, that's why I use the camera viewfinder. Other IR sources are visible in the camera screen.

Comment

Originally posted by randyqman View Post
            HI I my M41 came yesterday and trying to get it going but my smoke going , I was hoping someone could give me a few pointers with out having to search all over the forum. I put the liquid in the tail pipes and after it starts I hit the smoke button and hear some kind of a pump noise or something but no smoke, it says it may take up to a minute . After several minutes not even a puff.

The other thing is my gun does not depress very far and I get a gear grinding sound I think Im suppose to get 30 degs. up and down . I don't think its has much movement is this normal ?

Thanks for the help
            How much of the smoke liquid did you put in the tube? Only one or two drops in one exhaust pipe is needed.

Gun barrel elevation/depression travel is 30 degrees total I believe.

Todd

Comment

After several minutes not even a puff.
              I am also still trying to find the sweet spot for the smoke. I learned here that the most common mistake is too much liquid, and only 1 drop per tube is enough. Also, add the liquid with the tank vertical so it runs down.

My barrel up/down movement is also very limited, like 5/10 degrees or so. I was told by some friends that this is expected and according to scale...

Comment

well I guess I drowned it with liquid how do I clean it out ,,,,,,don't tell me a match 💣💥

the gun dose make a gear grinding sound when it hits the limit

I have smoke took it apart and got out the over fill with paper towel.

So now the tank pulls to the right and I tried trimming it by the instructons with the g button and moving the the sticks found the center with the double beep and all but when I try to adjust it it seems to have no affect. Also my tank has the fwd backward on stick 1 and left right on stick 2 the instructons seem to show all the driving functions on stick 2 and the turret functions on 1. So im trying to find a mode switch for the controller and see if that's the reason my trim is not working.

Comment

My Bulldog arrived yesterday. I had ordered the "Pro" version. I'm a very happy newbie Tanker!

Unboxing found all parts/components in good shape. And, the two minute test found everything in working order. I'm very impressed with the quality of parts, paint and finish. Drove around my living room for an hour last night. I set up some books on the floor and tested its ability to handle and maneuver on them. It was quite a lot of fun and a good learning experience.
                  This morning I took it out for it's first drive in the dirt and brush. Very impressive handling. It tore right through most things my back yard could throw at it. The only problem I ran into was when it picked up a long twig from a weed which caused the right track to come off. Overall I'm very happy with the experience thus far.

Now, for a few issues/gotchas that I've come across:
                  • The battery charger apparently doesn't do a balance charge. My battery showed up with %83 and the two cells were very close in voltage. After charging it though, one cell gets to almost 4.2v while the other gets to 4.06v. The same has occurred each charging cycle. I need to get a Tamiya adapter so that I can charge these on my regular battery charger.
                  • My metal tracks were installed backward (or upside down?) by the factory. There is a distinctive chevron pattern to the Walkers tracks. That chevron should be pointing down when looking at the front of the tank. So, after the right track came off I took the opportunity to fix them both.
                  • The kit came with three extra track links. These are plastic, and not even the same design as the Bulldogs tracks. Do all the tanks come with the same wrong extra tracks?
                  • While correcting the track installation I discovered that a wire pair was pinched between the upper and lower hulls. This has also been fixed. Just something to keep a look out for, since the factory didn't seem to catch this one.
                  • The turret ring on the underside of the upper hull protrudes beyond the lower hull. This leaves a substantial gap for rocks, dirt, debris, and water to enter the tank hull. I only mention this as something to consider when driving your tank. If you drive in areas with lots of small debris or wet areas, then you'll want to seal that gap to prevent anything from fouling up the inner workings of the tank.
                  So far it has been great fun. I can't wait to get another tank and do some battles with friends.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20200306_111316.jpg
Views:	1046
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	240428
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                    My Bulldog arrived yesterday. I had ordered the "Pro" version. I'm a very happy newbie Tanker!

Unboxing found all parts/components in good shape. And, the two minute test found everything in working order. I'm very impressed with the quality of parts, paint and finish. Drove around my living room for an hour last night. I set up some books on the floor and tested its ability to handle and maneuver on them. It was quite a lot of fun and a good learning experience.
                    This morning I took it out for it's first drive in the dirt and brush. Very impressive handling. It tore right through most things my back yard could throw at it. The only problem I ran into was when it picked up a long twig from a weed which caused the right track to come off. Overall I'm very happy with the experience thus far.

Now, for a few issues/gotchas that I've come across:
                    • The battery charger apparently doesn't do a balance charge. My battery showed up with %83 and the two cells were very close in voltage. After charging it though, one cell gets to almost 4.2v while the other gets to 4.06v. The same has occurred each charging cycle. I need to get a Tamiya adapter so that I can charge these on my regular battery charger.
                    • My metal tracks were installed backward (or upside down?) by the factory. There is a distinctive chevron pattern to the Walkers tracks. That chevron should be pointing down when looking at the front of the tank. So, after the right track came off I took the opportunity to fix them both.
                    • The kit came with three extra track links. These are plastic, and not even the same design as the Bulldogs tracks. Do all the tanks come with the same wrong extra tracks?
                    • While correcting the track installation I discovered that a wire pair was pinched between the upper and lower hulls. This has also been fixed. Just something to keep a look out for, since the factory didn't seem to catch this one.
                    • The turret ring on the underside of the upper hull protrudes beyond the lower hull. This leaves a substantial gap for rocks, dirt, debris, and water to enter the tank hull. I only mention this as something to consider when driving your tank. If you drive in areas with lots of small debris or wet areas, then you'll want to seal that gap to prevent anything from fouling up the inner workings of the tank.
                    So far it has been great fun. I can't wait to get another tank and do some battles with friends.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200306_111316.jpg Views:	0 Size:	311.3 KB ID:	240428
                    I know the little things add up but they are little things easily correct.

Don’t put to much worry about dirt getting inside. Mine have proven this is not an issue. The M41 is kinda like the AK of the HL line up, it can run dirty take huge amounts of abuse and come back for more with little pause for maintenance or cleaning. Take a look at my Instagram @fsttanks and watch my M41s in SLOW MOTION action and the abuse I put them through.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	3BC47490-DC61-4E7D-A1EE-DC365CB2B35F.jpeg
Views:	1021
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	240435

Comment

Those are some cool videos, Rubicon.

Comment

Im getting pretty feed up with my tank I don't know why my controller is programed wrong with the fwr and rev on one stick and the left right on the other. It makes it very hard to operate . Any ideas thanks

Comment

Im getting pretty feed up with my tank I don't know why my controller is programed wrong with the fwr and rev on one stick and the left right on the other. It makes it very hard to operate . Any ideas thanks
                          RM, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. I am not a 'tanker' but I believe that is the way those are set up. I recall in one of the other 'tank' threads here, some one was working on some way to change modes. I hope someone in this thread or in the Tanker Community can answer your question. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I believe that if you press and hold the "G" button and pull back on the left stick, then it should switch back to all movement on the right stick. I don't have the instructions with me right now to verify that though. Also note that this is on the 6.0 control board.

Comment

I had to do it a few times but I got it to work . Thanks a bunch

Comment

I'm a fan of Bulldog and this is 1 of 2 I have,it 's a plastic version.This's some tricks I do. modified smoker with 3 exhaust pipe,weight front body,push bearing in the idler wheels,
                                reinforce gear base,adjust driver periscope,cut front hook for better climbing,fill a straw in drive shaft to prevent grass,full side body,and use brass arm for road wheels.

Attached Files

Comment

Rdex2, thanks for the list of your mods, and great pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                                    Rdex2, thanks for the list of your mods, and great pictures.
                                    I love to run on hi speed motors with modern tank plastic tracks and scale speed with metal tracks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYT7...ature=youtu.be

Comment

New here, have had my Walker Bulldog for about a month, And I'm just enjoying it. At some point I'll do some mods, at this time it's fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonneville67 View Post
                                        New here, have had my Walker Bulldog for about a month, And I'm just enjoying it. At some point I'll do some mods, at this time it's fun!
                                        BV, Welcome to "Hobby Squawk". Looking forward to posts/pics of your mods and upgrades. In the mean time, glad you're here, Sir. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I notice that there two different base colors in the professional "Bulldog" pictures. Olive drab and a warmer sandy color which I like and I would purchase if it's not just another case of my eyes playing tricks on me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X