X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by restworkshop@aol.com View Post
    I notice that there two different base colors in the professional "Bulldog" pictures. Olive drab and a warmer sandy color which I like and I would purchase if it's not just another case of my eyes playing tricks on me.
    I'm pretty sure it's the different lighting that makes it appear to be different colors. Either way I'll probably end up giving mine a new overall paint jobs. I'm thinking red with black racing stripes and 8 chrome pipes poking up through the engine bay.

Comment

Is there anything in particular you would like to know I happen to have a brand new one fresh in from Motionrc 😉 I will gladly take pictures of anything you would like. It’s definitely more of an olive drab model air 71.013 yellow olive is a close match to the color.

Comment

The Heng long bulldog is actually one of my favorite tanks in the series so far. It drives a little better in my opinion than the others I’ve played with. The suspension is also much better on this model than the other tanks really has a lot of travel.its also a large tank. Not as big as the king tiger but similar to the tiger 1. Over all assembly took me about an hour and we’ve really enjoyed the tank.

Comment

I just looked at the "Motion RC detail photos of the "Walker" again and the last two photos do look like a lighter, more yellow color. No big deal but I do like the sandy yellow color. I have enjoyed watching your " Merry Boozer" Utube videos. I have been trying to stir up some new interest for "Heng Long" to produce a M5A1, 1/16 scale light tank. There are still some old 1/6 scale "Stuart" tanks out there for sale but they have a fender skirt that kind of spoils the look. You should look up the old 1960s comic book series "GI Combat / Sargent Rock / The Haunted tank. It's a strange concept about the ghost of confederate general Jeb Stuart. The drawings of the M5A1 are pretty cool.

Comment

So the recent heng long walker does not have the on/ off switch for the airsoft....I bought it about a year ago and am just opening it now and there was a sticker over the hole where the airport switch would be...I wish I had found this forum before I took the tank apart...I am really good at dis-assembly and really bad at assembly...is there a combination of buttons to push to fire the airsoft...there was nothing in the instructions or box talking about these changes...the instruction manual is exactly the same as the walker tank I got a couple years ago...this tank was to replace that one...remember that dis-assemble - assemble skill...remember there are no stupid questions just stupid people...Aloha

Comment

don Campbell, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Have you looked on the Motion RC website? If not, go there and go to the military vehicles, then the Walker Bulldog. Check the "Support" pages for any additions to the manual. Also, Rubicon99 has been doing tanks for-like-ever, so look for his posts throughout all the tank forums here, there might be a clue. hope I've helped. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by don Campbell View Post
                So the recent heng long walker does not have the on/ off switch for the airsoft....I bought it about a year ago and am just opening it now and there was a sticker over the hole where the airport switch would be...I wish I had found this forum before I took the tank apart...I am really good at dis-assembly and really bad at assembly...is there a combination of buttons to push to fire the airsoft...there was nothing in the instructions or box talking about these changes...the instruction manual is exactly the same as the walker tank I got a couple years ago...this tank was to replace that one...remember that dis-assemble - assemble skill...remember there are no stupid questions just stupid people...Aloha
                Is your current M41 a 6.0 version? If so to fire the airsoft gun press the silver buttons on the top of the TX. Press and hold the right button and while doing so press and hold the left button.

This will also fire the IR beam if this is a 6.0 version tank.

See Instagram @ fsttanks if you would like to see photos of my M41s and several other HL tanks.

Comment

Hi and thanks for the reply...I don't think it is the 6.0 version because as far as I can tell it is just air soft...I believe to fire the airsoft press the right silver button while pushing left stick forward...would have been nice for Heng Long to have updated manuals or a supplemental instruction sheet...big question now is can it be put back together in some working state...Aloha

Comment

Hi and thanks for the reply...I don't think it is the 6.0 version because as far as I can tell it is just air soft...I believe to fire the airsoft press the right silver button while pushing left stick forward...would have been nice for Heng Long to have updated manuals or a supplemental instruction sheet...big question now is can it be put back together in some working state...Aloha
                    What needs to be put back together? The airsoft cannon or entire tank?

Comment

Actually I have the air soft working but cannot get the elevation working but to answer Ur question it will be assembling the entire tank...this is off topic but I flew in navy 24 years and have severe ptsd so bad that I am 100% service connected...things get jumbled up easily so I added this to explain why I have a hard time reassembling things...I think I might not have the 3 connectors in the right places...the connectors are the 2 prong...If U can help I will really appreciate...Aloha

Comment

Actually I have the air soft working but cannot get the elevation working but to answer Ur question it will be assembling the entire tank...this is off topic but I flew in navy 24 years and have severe ptsd so bad that I am 100% service connected...things get jumbled up easily so I added this to explain why I have a hard time reassembling things...I think I might not have the 3 connectors in the right places...the connectors are the 2 prong...If U can help I will really appreciate...Aloha
                        There are a number of two pin connectors in the 5.2 & 5.3 tanks. Could you post some photos. It would help to see which plug/wires and slots you are looking at.

Comment

Give me a few minutes...thanx

Comment

Comment

Hope this helps:

Click image for larger version

Name:	111A3064-8978-46C0-88A8-D3E4DF29AF33.jpeg
Views:	765
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	255153

Click image for larger version

Name:	11827967-F519-40F2-880F-E375E02DB539.jpeg
Views:	796
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	255152
                              Attached Files

Comment

Google is your friend....sometimes... No idea what "Flash Unit" means?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Old24_MFU.JPG Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	255158

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                  Google is your friend....sometimes... No idea what "Flash Unit" means?

Click image for larger version Name:	Old24_MFU.JPG Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	255158
                                  Old style plug and play cannon flash. They burned out really easily.

Comment

What vintage is this unit? Pre 5.2? When was RX18?

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                      What vintage is this unit? Pre 5.2? When was RX18?
                                      That is the old 5.3.version. It is nowhere as good as the new 6.0/1 versions.

Comment

Hey thanks a lot...actually I stayed up all nite and figured it out through trail n error...the machine gun sound doesn't work but I can live with that and...I got it back together and it works...U came highly recommended as an SME...I do have a Taigen electrical system up grade...I will send a picture but do U think there may be an advantage over putting this into the walker bulldog...by the way I live on Oahu so I am 3 hours behind west coast and 6 hours behind east coast if my posts seem to come at strange times...this is a most helpful blog...I really appreciate U folks letting me join

Comment

Hey thanks a lot...actually I stayed up all nite and figured it out through trail n error...the machine gun sound doesn't work but I can live with that and...I got it back together and it works...U came highly recommended as an SME...I do have a Taigen electrical system up grade...I will send a picture but do U think there may be an advantage over putting this into the walker bulldog...by the way I live on Oahu so I am 3 hours behind west coast and 6 hours behind east coast if my posts seem to come at strange times...this is a most helpful blog...I really appreciate U folks letting me join
                                          I would recommend ripping the old 5.3 systems out and replacing it with a new 6.0 system before trying to mate it up with a Taigen system. The 6.0 is simply a better all around system. It’s not expensive to do and easy enough to install for anyone that has worked on an older 5.3 system.

Comment

Working...
                                          X