X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skyowa View Post

The one advantage of Amazon is Prime gets a 30 day return for exchange or refund, I got online, processed a return for exchange, new one will be here Wednesday, drop the bad one off at Kohls. Plus I had $200 in gift cards from the holiday and my birthday ")
    From your post #98, the Amazon seller that you bought from is not a honest person. I will avoid him by returning the tank for refund and purchase elsewhere. You can find Amazon seller who offers Bonafide Heng Long Professional version Walker Bulldog RTR tank too. Just avoid all those sellers offering "modified" Heng Long tanks.

I second @Rubincon99 opinion about Toucan Hobby and MotionRC. The Toucan Hobby website is excellent in listing the exact components of the tank you are buying. Toucan Hobby sells on Amazon and has its own website too.

Comment

• Originally posted by keilau View Post
      From your post #98, the Amazon seller that you bought from is not a honest person. I will avoid him by returning the tank for refund and purchase elsewhere. You can find Amazon seller who offers Bonafide Heng Long Professional version Walker Bulldog RTR tank too. Just avoid all those sellers offering "modified" Heng Long tanks.

I second @Rubincon99 opinion about Toucan Hobby and MotionRC. The Toucan Hobby website is excellent in listing the exact components of the tank you are buying. Toucan Hobby sells on Amazon and has its own website too.
      https://www.amazon.com/stores/Toucan...8?ref_=ast_bln
      Not sure I'd call him dishonest, the tank has everything he claimed, even has metal shocks, at best there was a bit of puffery, the tank itself is being replaced to address the smoke generator, and the seller is sending me a new set of unaltered tracks to address that issue, no harm, no foul.

Comment

Not sure I'd call him dishonest, the tank has everything he claimed, even has metal shocks, at best there was a bit of puffery, the tank itself is being replaced to address the smoke generator, and the seller is sending me a new set of unaltered tracks to address that issue, no harm, no foul.
        If you are happy, it's all it counts. Have fun with your tank.

Comment

If you are happy, it's all it counts. Have fun with your tank.
          happy would be a quarter scale that scares the neighbors ")

Comment

I ended up buying one of these from Amazon, advertised as being modified/upgraded, including the turret revolving 360 degrees, and a 3800mah NiMH battery instead of the 1800mah, cost me a total of jackson after redeeming my stash of gift cards. Box arrived yesterday, everything worked perfectly except for the smoke generator, blower turns on, no smoke. Decided to go ahead and take the shell apart thinking might just be a loose wire, which it was wasn't, it's just dead, but it gave me a chance to look at everything else.

First thing I noticed, the "upgraded speaker appears to be the stock V7 speaker, not upgraded to anything, but I do know where I can get a speaker with the same form factor with a passive radiator that will yield a bit better sound if I want, the funniest thing was the turret ring described as "Slip Rings Handmade and installed", it's the factory ring, they just cut gears into the tab that acted as a stop, so now it revolves 360, unfortunately there's still a cable that does want to be twisted 360 degrees. Good thing I didn't just sit and spin​, a had a feeling there was a cable involved. Other than that, it's a normal "upgrade edition" like MRC sells, metal tracks, drive wheel and transmission, just a slightly higher price. They also appear to have removed at least one link from each track, there is basically zero slack in the system, I have links and pins, no instructions on how to replace them , a paper clip won't drive them out apparently, open to suggestion there.

That being said, I went ahead and processed an exchange because of the non-functional smoke unit which will be here Wednesday, I do like the tank, won't be buying any more from that seller, but I do plan on getting the rest of the American models
            That is incredibly shady. I had also ordered one of these upgraded pro tanks off Amazon (the Sherman) but returned it because the gun did not move up/down properly. It probably broke because the wire was super twisted inside due to this stupid hack.

Comment

• The main US importer is Toucan in NJ and they mainly sell off ebay. They are great to deal with and you can make price offers.

The thing I don't like about Amazon is you may get a returned item and even a criminally intended return where the tank or components of the tank were knowingly swapped out for inoperable, known bad, or used items. I've talked to people in the threads that have said they have done this. Not just immoral but criminal. Be careful.

Comment

• Hi Everyone, I just ordered the Walker Bulldog Pro from motion RC. This is a gift for my son, who had "RC tank that shoots BBs" at the top of his Christmas list. The Sherman we bought off Amazon was a dud and has been returned, and he picked out the Bulldog because he liked the look of the gun.

Question's for y'all:

1. What are the best Airsoft BBs to get, for indoors and/or outdoors?
                2. Is the battery good enough, or is there a decent upgrade available?
                3. Is there a hack to add a charge port of some type, so the battery does not have to be removed?
                4. Any other obvious upgrades to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by pnwdad View Post
                  Hi Everyone, I just ordered the Walker Bulldog Pro from motion RC. This is a gift for my son, who had "RC tank that shoots BBs" at the top of his Christmas list. The Sherman we bought off Amazon was a dud and has been returned, and he picked out the Bulldog because he liked the look of the gun.

Question's for y'all:

1. What are the best Airsoft BBs to get, for indoors and/or outdoors?
                  2. Is the battery good enough, or is there a decent upgrade available?
                  3. Is there a hack to add a charge port of some type, so the battery does not have to be removed?
                  4. Any other obvious upgrades to do?
                  Since you ordered the Professional version of Walker Bulldog for a first time RC tanker, I will suggest let your son to run it as is.

The Heng Long OEM battery is not a high quality pack. It will allow at least half an hour run time and can be recharged for 2-300 times before degradation. If your son does not loose interest by then, it is time for a better battery that can last the better part of a day.

A high capacity battery pack will need a intelligent fast charger to be practical. You can search for battery at this RC Tank forum.

Comment

• 1) Black Ops Biodegradable Airsoft BB's. Don't use the yellow BBs that come with the tank - they will jam up in the barrel!​
                    2) Your tank will only come with a 1800mAh battery most likely. Many options for batteries with more capacity, just have to get one that will fit in your tanks battery compartment and have the correct connector to plugin.
                    3) You can cut a hole large enough for the small charging balance connector is easily accessible.
                    4) There's many upgrades you can do to RC tanks. You just have to educate yourself and use the internet to see them. Also, this forum is excellent for assisting you in your future upgrades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      The main US importer is Toucan in NJ and they mainly sell off ebay. They are great to deal with and you can make price offers.

The thing I don't like about Amazon is you may get a returned item and even a criminally intended return where the tank or components of the tank were knowingly swapped out for inoperable, known bad, or used items. I've talked to people in the threads that have said they have done this. Not just immoral but criminal. Be careful.
                      Toucan Hobby sells at ebay, amazon, aliexpress or anywhere. But I usually get the best quote from their direct website:
                      Note: 1,We have two USA warehouses located in New Jersey and California, and items in our warehouses ONLY can be shipped to the mainland of US.  Shipping handling time is about 1-3 working days, and delivery time is about 7-10 working days.  2,If you are international buyer and interested in those items in our warehous

Comment

• News to me but I still think they sell more off ebay... I always email my Toucan person direct with offers. I usually get parts off Motion.

Comment

Since you ordered the Professional version of Walker Bulldog for a first time RC tanker, I will suggest let your son to run it as is.

The Heng Long OEM battery is not a high quality pack. It will allow at least half an hour run time and can be recharged for 2-300 times before degradation. If your son does not loose interest by then, it is time for a better battery that can last the better part of a day.

A high capacity battery pack will need a intelligent fast charger to be practical. You can search for battery at this RC Tank forum.
                          I may be guilty of buying my kids gifts that I want for myself, so I don't expect a loss of interest ;-)
                          Half an hour of runtime is definitely not going to cut it. I just found your DIY Alternate Battery post and will likely build a 2S2P 18650 pack, since I have lots of 18650 cells looking for a home.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmdrcody View Post
                            1) Black Ops Biodegradable Airsoft BB's. Don't use the yellow BBs that come with the tank - they will jam up in the barrel!​
                            2) Your tank will only come with a 1800mAh battery most likely. Many options for batteries with more capacity, just have to get one that will fit in your tanks battery compartment and have the correct connector to plugin.
                            3) You can cut a hole large enough for the small charging balance connector is easily accessible.
                            4) There's many upgrades you can do to RC tanks. You just have to educate yourself and use the internet to see them. Also, this forum is excellent for assisting you in your future upgrades.
                            Thanks!

1. Those Black Ops BBs are a bit rich at $30. I went with Elite Force Umarex Premium Biodegradable 6mm Airsoft BBS. 2700 for $13 costs more/BB but is still a lot of ammo.

3. I'd rather make a charge port, maybe with a switch to toggle charging/running. Future project I guess.

Comment

Thanks!

1. Those Black Ops BBs are a bit rich at $30. I went with Elite Force Umarex Premium Biodegradable 6mm Airsoft BBS. 2700 for $13 costs more/BB but is still a lot of ammo.

3. I'd rather make a charge port, maybe with a switch to toggle charging/running. Future project I guess.
                              Sounds like this is not your first RC item as you seem to know more than you let on to.
                              The possibilities are quite endless as to how you wish to make your son's tank operate.
                              Have Fun !!

Comment

I may be guilty of buying my kids gifts that I want for myself, so I don't expect a loss of interest ;-)
                                Half an hour of runtime is definitely not going to cut it. I just found your DIY Alternate Battery post and will likely build a 2S2P 18650 pack, since I have lots of 18650 cells looking for a home.
                                You need some 1.5mm nickel strip. A sharp cutter and a 40W solder iron are all you need. A spot welder (<$50) is very nice to have, but optional.

Prime the nickel strip and the battery surface with good silver solder. Press them together for a few seconds to get a good bonding. It is very easy. Have fun.

Do not buy no name brand battery on ebay. Not only they have only a fraction of the capacity they advertise. More importantly, Lithium battery can be dangerous to catch fire without builtin protection circuit. Work deliberately and carefully when handling lithium batteries. An accidental short circuit of the battery can burn figure or even cause a small workbench fire. I know because I made those mistakes when di-soldering commercial packs to save money.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmdrcody View Post

Sounds like this is not your first RC item as you seem to know more than you let on to.
                                  The possibilities are quite endless as to how you wish to make your son's tank operate.
                                  Have Fun !!
                                  Actually, it is my first (non-trash) RC item, but I've been tinkering with DIY for a long time, both electronics and programming. The amount of info here in the forums is overwhelming which is why I asked in this thread. I'm still a bit confused about the difference between an XT60 A or B connector, or exactly what I can fit in the battery compartment, but I will figure it out with a bit more searching.

Comment

Actually, it is my first (non-trash) RC item, but I've been tinkering with DIY for a long time, both electronics and programming. The amount of info here in the forums is overwhelming which is why I asked in this thread. I'm still a bit confused about the difference between an XT60 A or B connector, or exactly what I can fit in the battery compartment, but I will figure it out with a bit more searching.
                                    You have me confused too. The original XT60 was later branched out to XT60I, XT60H and XT60U. I have not heard of the XT60 A or B connector. Can you show a link where they were mentioned?

The Walk Bulldog can take any 6 cell NiMH pack or 2S2P lithium Ion. Heng Long ship newer Walk Bulldog with a smallish 2S18650 Li=Io pack with XT60 connector and balance connector.

Commercial 2S2P18650 battery pack configured like the 3 pictures below will not fit the Heng Long tank.
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5136.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	394774 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5135.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	394775 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5134.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	394776

Comment

You have me confused too. The original XT60 was later branched out to XT60I, XT60H and XT60U. I have not heard of the XT60 A or B connector. Can you show a link where they were mentioned?
                                      Sure, I found it at Toucan Hobby when looking for a battery upgrade. Link

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-13 092424.png
Views:	91
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	394780

Comment

• I think that's just the website distinguishing between male or female XT60 as there is no Type A or Type B Tamiya connector.

Comment

Sure, I found it at Toucan Hobby when looking for a battery upgrade. Link
                                          The Type A and Type B are Toucan Hobby product designation. Type A is battery only and Type B is battery plus a slow charger. Nothing to do with the connectors.

I am NOT a fan of LiPO battery. While they are much cheaper than Lithium Ion, they are also much more dangerous. I have had lengthy discussions on this in my HL battery thread. I will not repeat them here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X