Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Stanlley's Barrel Smoke unit. DAK doesn't seem to have those. Yes, Stanlley is a nice guy so I want to give him the business. DAK does have the Tamiya to clark adapter socket that Stanlley didn't have so I might order that from them once my unit arrives. I couldn't see where LEGODEI had an Tamiya socket option for the RF receiver. Perhaps I don't know what I am looking at on their Esty website.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
      I liked Stanlley's Barrel Smoke unit. DAK doesn't seem to have those. Yes, Stanlley is a nice guy so I want to give him the business. DAK does have the Tamiya to clark adapter socket that Stanlley didn't have so I might order that from them once my unit arrives. I couldn't see where LEGODEI had an Tamiya socket option for the RF receiver. Perhaps I don't know what I am looking at on their Esty website.
      LegoDEI does not make a base for either the HL or Tamiya/Clark receivers. The LegoDEI receiver make use of the stock Tamiya type bases when used with Tamiya tanks and Clark’s with Tamiya bases. Otherwise you have to build your own which is not hard.

Being that you will be using a Clark system you can go straight to a full Tamiya Battle System “TBS” (IR receiver, wiring, IR bulb and base in an all inclusive kit) unless you want the low profile aspect of the LegoDEI receiver.

Comment

I just purchased Taegen all metal Tiger 1
        air soft
        any recommendations and advice for a beginner as it pertains to battery, controller, gun and any upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by JustDan View Post
          I just purchased Taegen all metal Tiger 1
          air soft
          any recommendations and advice for a beginner as it pertains to battery, controller, gun and any upgrades
          I would say drive it and have fun learning what you like and what you would like it to do better. Then focus on how to achieve what you would like it to do better.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Because I bought a used tank unseen, I foolishly will end up spending more then if I bought new as So Cal Bob pointed out. My tank is missing a couple of parts that though not needed to operate they are missing. I found this seller who has all the bits of kit on aliexpress. Mine is missing one side of a hatch and a road wheel. None were going to be a problem, but it is nice to see they have pretty much everything.

Comment

Because I bought a used tank unseen, I foolishly will end up spending more then if I bought new as So Cal Bob pointed out. My tank is missing a couple of parts that though not needed to operate they are missing. I found this seller who has all the bits of kit on aliexpress. Mine is missing one side of a hatch and a road wheel. None were going to be a problem, but it is nice to see they have pretty much everything.
                Great find, QB!
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Great find, QB!
                  Tankzhang on Aliexpress is Heng Long’s store on that site. Been using them for years for spare plastic parts.

Comment

Tankzhang on Aliexpress IS Heng Long’s web store on that site. Been using them for years for small parts. Used to be cheap and fast but it has become more expensive in the last few years. Best to order A LOT of parts as it keeps the shipping cost down.

Delivery can take from two weeks to two months so best to never be in a hurry to receive parts from them.

Comment

Need more help here. I am trying to put metal tracks on my Panzer III and am a little confused to how the sprockets and more importantly the Idler will stay together. Also, the metal track kit has no directions. There are bits in the kit that have me confused too. Tension has me confused too. Do you just run them and see if the tracks fall off? If you look and click the pictures I have my questions in the descriptions.

Comment

figured it out and then some.

Comment

So my battery showed up and the 3500 will not fit my older chassis. So I did like I have seen others do on RCTANKWARFARE and dremmeled the battery compartment out. I will get around to cutting more out later once my new smoke system arrives. I drove the tank for the first time around in the house and the metal track side was getting no traction as expected on my smooth floors. I am going to gun blue the treads as soon as I can get some gun blue.

Comment

I saw this tip on RCTANKWARFARE. Magnet on the idle sprocket cover for quick access. I will abandon my screw on cover to try this first.
                            Attached Files

Comment

So my battery showed up and the 3500 will not fit my older chassis. So I did like I have seen others do on RCTANKWARFARE and dremmeled the battery compartment out. I will get around to cutting more out later once my new smoke system arrives. I drove the tank for the first time around in the house and the metal track side was getting no traction as expected on my smooth floors. I am going to gun blue the treads as soon as I can get some gun blue.
                              Interesting. Mine fit, just, with a little push. Regarding blueing the tracks, I've been just spray painting them with a brown (dirt, mud, rust?) paint then running it around on concrete to wear the paint off the high parts. I'm in the process of weathering my tank, but take a look at the treads.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Panzer III 09.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	290393

Comment

Nice DAK. I thought about the paint, but will try the Birchwood Blue. I think my Tank being a 2015 model had a really small battery box. What does the newer boxes look like?

Comment

Nice DAK. I thought about the paint, but will try the Birchwood Blue. I think my Tank being a 2015 model had a really small battery box. What does the newer boxes look like?
                                  Thanks. Box is the same. I found that instead of angling the battery, inserting it level, it would just fit pushed into that step in the front.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1127.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	290400

Comment

Yes indeed the same. Well, after seeing a couple of Panzers online with the box cutout I went for broke and cut mine out. Plenty of room now in the chassis. I will see how big my barrel smoke unit is and if there is still room I can mount a bigger Tamiya speaker.

Comment

I posted some outdoor photos in the gallery.

​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E1136.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	355.0 KB
ID:	290582

Comment

I used Birchwood Blue paste. I used a acid brush and gloves to paint the metal tracks with bluing. took a about an hour. I then rinsed under hot water and used a nail brush to take off the gel of the paste. The paste might not be as fast as liquid. It is supposed to be better then the liquid for depth of color, but honestly I don't know except it does darken it after one application. It might take second coat to make darker, but it shouldn't chip like paint. $6.95 cost for the paste and I probably have enough for 15 sets of tracks. Plus unlike AK industries Burnish fluid it isn't corroding the tracks. The sprockets probably won't take bluing as they are pot metal, but I painted them anyway.

Comment

Any pointers on which side of the tracks face inward towards the Tank? The pin heads facing out makes more sense from a maintenance stand point, but the new metal tracks kinda rub very little the upper guide housings. The idle wheel is really the weak link in these Heng Long track suspensions. One side I have 91 links and no slippage and the other 92. The adjustable idle wheel tension upgrade seems a must, or just thru bolt the wheel straight thru the chassis.

Comment

Working...
                                          X