X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long 7.0 and 7.1 speaker failures

Many have reporting issues with their 7.0 version tanks having the speakers die unexpectedly shortly after purchase. This is also happening with the upgraded 7.1 optional system and their speakers.

After studying the problem it is my belief the problem is the power/volume level going to the speakers. The speakers just can’t handle a volume above setting 3 for extended run times or frequent usage.

So to avoid “blowing out” your 7.0 and 7.1 systems I highly recommend not using high volume/sound levels.

Do you know of an after market speaker that might work better?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
      Do you know of an after market speaker that might work better?

Steve
      I will be replacing all my 7.0 and 7.1 speakers with Tamiya speakers as they blow outs. In the mean time I am keep the volume no higher the setting 3.

Comment

Mine blew on my t90. I went to a store called "five & below" and bought a bluetooth speaker and the package states the ohms and watts. 4 ohms 3w. The speaker was just slightly larger than the original but still fit into the stock circle speaker box of the t90. I've been having the volume maxed out and sounds really good.

Comment

Which of these speakers listed did you use exactly? Did you wire it direct to the TK-7.0 board or use the shown amplifiers from the same company with the speaker?
          My speaker on my T90 blew out in less than 5 seconds on full volume.

Comment

Originally posted by cmdrcody View Post

Which of these speakers listed did you use exactly? Did you wire it direct to the TK-7.0 board or use the shown amplifiers from the same company with the speaker?
            My speaker on my T90 blew out in less than 5 seconds on full volume.
            This will help explain further....my channel

Making & Testing speakers for RC Tanks. Why have crap sound when you can have decent to great sound ?

I make my own tank speaker boxes......like they are supposed to be made. Using whatever speaker of choosing.

Comment

The FRS-5 I currently have in my KV-2 and is plenty loud for a 8ohm speaker running on a stock Henglong MFU. Lets discuss speakers.
              1. A 8ohm speaker will handle more power then a 4ohm (generally speaking) However, at the cost of volume or loudness. 2. The higher the sensitivity rating of a speaker, the louder it will be, given a set amount of amplifier volume. 3. For every 3db increase in volume, it is a perceived double loudness to the human ear. 4. Speakers of this size- the free air resonance is not of concern so building a box trying to calculate the cubic volume is a waste of time. A sealed enclosure will handle more amplifer power than a ported one. The amplifiers dampening factor plays an important role in sound quality as it controls the speakers ability to move out AND move in (tight response-less distortion).....I could go on and on, but im not building audiophile stuff for a tank.

Ohhh...and did you know stock Henglong speakers are wired out of phase? Big No-No

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
                This will help explain further....my channel
                I make my own tank speaker boxes......like they are supposed to be made. Using whatever speaker of choosing.
                Great video for hearing the differences between speakers using the sameTK-7.1 board. I guess the HL TK-7.0 & 7.1 boards have too much output for the stock 4 ohm 3 watt speakers that come in the T90 tank. Due to the limited space in the T90 chassis the OEM speaker box is 2" round and 1-1/8" wide as you probably know with not much room for putting anything larger in there due to the low profile of the upper deck and rotating turret.
                I see most of the speakers you used were 8 ohm but no mention of the wattage rating. What are the wattage you recommend? What is wired out of phase? - Never mine, I just googled it and found out the polarity is reversed.

Comment

"the wattage rating" refer back to parts express for that info as I dont know off the top of my head.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...ker#post361837

2 stock speakers wired in series to make 8ohms....all in the same size enclosure as the factory one.

Because I make my own, and not someone else's, I can custom fit my boxes to accomodate any tank. Its just a matter of choosing the correct size driver and measuring.

Comment

I must point out that I run all my tanks full volume, have TK 6.0's all the way to 7.1's...using the factory henglong speakers and have never "blown" any. Your not the first to say they have, but I have no clue as to why.

Listening to loud Rock all my life, Extreem loud car & home audio, plus being a rodie for a band...trust me when I say I dont hear very well...so yea, I crank my stuff up to the max.

Comment

I must point out that I run all my tanks full volume, have TK 6.0's all the way to 7.1's...using the factory henglong speakers and have never "blown" any. Your not the first to say they have, but I have no clue as to why.

Listening to loud Rock all my life, Extreem loud car & home audio, plus being a rodie for a band...trust me when I say I dont hear very well...so yea, I crank my stuff up to the max.
                      I can relate to that as working as a shooting range officer for a few years and being a pro-auto racing crew chief for 13+ years. My ears have heard it all. Been waiting for the price to come down on hearing aids as FDA has now made them available over the counter.

Comment

"the wattage rating" refer back to parts express for that info as I don't know off the top of my head.
                        2 stock speakers wired in series to make 8ohms....all in the same size enclosure as the factory one.
                        Well I ordered and installed the two MakerHawk 4 ohm 3watt speakers I got through Amazon in my T90 with the TK-7.0 board. I trimmed off the two mounting tabs on each one, hot glued them together, wired them in series and hot glued them in place at the rear. They are louder on full volume than the OEM speaker that came with the tank. The low profile of the speakers was excellent for clearing the wiring harness & turret rotation. I'll keep you all informed how they hold up under constant full volume applied.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	1219221125.jpg
Views:	819
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	364517

Name:	1219221250.jpg
Views:	814
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	364518

Comment

Originally posted by cmdrcody View Post

Well I ordered and installed the two MakerHawk 4 ohm 3watt speakers I got through Amazon in my T90 with the TK-7.0 board. I trimmed off the two mounting tabs on each one, hot glued them together, wired them in series and hot glued them in place at the rear. They are louder on full volume than the OEM speaker that came with the tank. The low profile of the speakers was excellent for clearing the wiring harness & turret rotation. I'll keep you all informed how they hold up under constant full volume applied.

Name:	1219221125.jpg
Views:	819
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	364517

Name:	1219221250.jpg
Views:	814
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	364518
                          Good deal. Im in the process of cutting out a box for a single HG speaker. I did find out this one was wired in phase as opposed to two others that werent. I also did a Ohm check with my multimeter, and it Ohm'd out at 3ohm. I wonder if thats the reason why folks are burning out their speakers......

Comment

Good deal. Im in the process of cutting out a box for a single HG speaker. I did find out this one was wired in phase as opposed to two others that werent. I also did a Ohm check with my multimeter, and it Ohm'd out at 3ohm. I wonder if that's the reason why folks are burning out their speakers......
                            This is why I always question items made from China to be what they claim to be. There's no dependable QC department.

Comment

You got that right. Quality control much less consistancy in manufacturing are like speaking english to them.

Comment

The thing about Chinese factories is they will do exactly what the customer company pays them to do. They can build world class quality and consistency into every single box that comes out the door if they are told and paid to do so. They can also build the absolute worst dreck that barely has a crib death rate less than 50%. The have no shame, no qualms about scraping either end of the barrel. IT's all in who's paying the factory and what the terms of the contract state. If you approach one to contract out a production run of absolute garbage they will happily churn absolute garbage out all day every day just the same as they will churn out world class quality rivalling the best from the West if you sign the right contract.

I fly a lot of nitro airplanes and I absolutely adore Magnum 4-stroke engines. I have three, all 52s, and all run every bit as well as the OS FS52 Surpass they're a grey market clone of. They start on the first flip, they never deadstick, they barely use any fuel, they seldom need their carbs tweaked, they make great power, they sound great...absolute dreamboats. I would not hesitate to buy one new over an OS if they were still in production! They're an example of someone ordering good QC, consistency, quality in general out that way. I've also bought 99 cent earbuds that lasted all of a week before one side failed. And yes, I have some genuine OS Surpass 4-strokes as well, I know how well they run just the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X