Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove the six screws on the bottom of the tank. After separating the upper hull from the lower hull, if you want to remove the turret you have to remove the three screws holding the turret to the turret rotation gear. Once the turret is off there are four screws on the bottom of the turret to open the turret. If you remove any cables it's a good idea to label them as to what port they go into. Don't need anything fancy, you can make a little tape flag and wrap it around the cable near the end. Just write the slot number on the tape or if you have a fine permanent marker (or paint marker) you can write the slot number right on the connector. This will save you tons of time while reassembling. If you ever have the flag fall off, there is a wiring diagram in the manual that came with your tank. I use self sticking cable labels for my tanks, but only because I've had them since the days I was a field tech fixing computers. Mine are similar to these, but since I didn't pay anything for them I wouldn't recommend paying that amount for them... :)

Comment

Thanks for the help! Well, do you know how to disable WIFI on the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace190 View Post
        Thanks for the help! Well, do you know how to disable WIFI on the tank?
        The simple way is to simply unplug the lead lines from the control unit inside the tank.

Comment

Could you tell me where the lead lines are?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace190 View Post
            Could you tell me where the lead lines are?
            Your manual will have that information. You should have a section that shows your 6.0 or 7.0 control system and what all the corresponding ports and their numbers are.

Comment

I see but I don't know which to disconnect.

Comment

The "WiFi" I believe is used for the FPV camera, if you have it. Looking at the diagram I see it should be connected to port CN5, but if you don't have a camera that port is likely empty.

Clay

Comment

The port for WiFi is just a port that has a voltage out and is switchable from the controller. There is no WiFi in the tank, nothing being transmitted. That WiFi port, as noted is used if you add the WiFi FPV system that they sell separately. As is just a switchable voltage output you can use it for other things. I have a few tanks with proper 5.8GHz FPV and head tracking (when I move my head wearing goggles the camera moves the same direction) and use that output to power my FPV and head tracking.

Comment

Originally posted by fooleo73 View Post
                    I am making my first purchase on a RC tank. I have had one before but it didn't really work out too well, I forget the name but it wasn't a Heng Long tank. It was fun for a while but kind of went downhill rather quick. I am considering purchasing this one because I remember seeing a documentary about the tank battle between a Pershing and Panther tank in Cologne. I just started reading the book Spearhead about one of the first, if not the first, Pershing tank crews at the end of WW2. They are the tank crew that was featured in the documentary I saw as well.

I have a budget of $250 and this model fits in that budget along with the extra battery pack as well (Admiral 3500mAh 2S 7.4V Li-ion Battery with XT60 Connector). My biggest question I suppose is, would it be better to get the professional or the upgrade version? I would like to drive it out in the dirt and grass (nothing heavy like sand or mud) and carpeted floors. I can get the professional and battery pack or just the upgrade version with the battery pack as well and maybe a few other accessories.

I am still a beginner very much with these RC tanks but also would like to get the best and most practical version for my first purchase. I would also like to repaint the entire tank to an olive drab version to more closely match the WW2 tank that I am reading about. Any advice from the experts or more experienced people on this forum would be awesome. I am super excited to get my first purchase and start driving around in my new tank!
                    The Heng Long M26 Pershing is my second HL RTR I purchased in 2004 (plastic version only in those year). It went through 5 upgrades to make it to run smoothly and reliably in my backyard lawn. I found that grass lawn is tougher on the tank than sand. I never tried it in the mud. The mod is nowhere near the complexity of what tank_me, robicon and others post here. But I hope it to be a mutual encouragement to beginner tanker like us. I will post more description of the mod later.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5114.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.0 KB ID:	363095Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4959.jpg Views:	0 Size:	224.0 KB ID:	363094Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4999.jpg Views:	0 Size:	216.7 KB ID:	363092Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5010.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.9 KB ID:	363093Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5122.jpg Views:	0 Size:	194.3 KB ID:	363098Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5123.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.3 KB ID:	363097Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5124.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.2 KB ID:	363096
                    For dressing up the Pershing to look more real, Scott Taylor posted a wonderful series of pictures of the Pershing from Patton Tank Museum in Fort Knox, Kentucky. M26 Pershing Walkaround Part 1 (tripod.com)
                    I have captured the 4 parts Scott Taylor article in 4 PDF files total 5MB. I will be happy to share them if you are interested.​
                    Attached Files

Comment

Somehow the link pictures don't show in my computer, just the text. Also, did the red motors speed the tank up any noticeable difference?
                      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                        Somehow the link pictures don't show in my computer, just the text. Also, did the red motors speed the tank up any noticeable difference?
                        I went to the Wayback Machine and found the pics: https://web.archive.org/web/20181227...cles/id14.html

I just highlighted the text/pics from the body of the website and cut/pasted them into a Word doc.

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                          Yes, I used to have the Tamiya380 on the Pershing which gives it very good scale speed. I mostly run my tank in the backyard which has good open space. I missed the fun of running short straight dash so I changed to the red 390

I fired up the Taigen gearbox with the red 390 and get a scale speed of 36 mph. It is much faster than the real Pershing's 26 mph sustained and 30 mph dash. The previous Tamiya380 and Heng Xin gearbox got 26 mph. I found the Taigen gearbox much quieter and steadier than the Heng Long steer gearbox, almost approachs the quietness of the Heng Xin gearbox.

All the gearbox I tried use 39:1 gear ratio. No reason to change as long as it is the 380/390 series motor.

Comment

Is the factory barrel on the HL Pershing plastic? Is the muzzle break a separate piece?

Comment

The barrel on the HL is plastic and the muzzle break is not separate. You have to cut it off if you want to use it on the metal barrel if you update it. Mantlet is also molded to the barrel. I needs to be cut off as well.
                              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhound0023@gmail.com View Post
                                Is the factory barrel on the HL Pershing plastic? Is the muzzle break a separate piece?
                                Yes, and yes

Comment

I had to cut the barrel and the muzzle break off on mine.

Comment

I stand corrected, yea the muzzlebrake on the original I had to cut it off...

Comment

So I have a Walker Bulldog in progress, a Sherman on the way, do I pull the trigger on a Pershing for the trifecta? I counted to 10, heard no objections, I guess it makes a good first purchase from MRC

Comment

well I guess not, my card got declined, which it should not have been, so I check my bank website, 4 $1 pre-auths in a row, card locked for suspicious activity, great...

Comment

Got my Pershing 10 days ago. Been slowly putting it together. In all of my research on these tanks, I was expecting that the parts would snuggly fit on the tank. Not so. I don't mind using glue to put the parts on. Actually, I prefer it, as glue is added security, but I was surprised at how loose the parts fit. I'm modding the T26 Pershing, not the M26. Although my research shows that the T26 was still in the Korean war at the beginning besides at the end of WW II. But the one thing that really befuddles me is the specific color it came modeled in. I can't exactly match the color and I've tried several colors I thought were close but once they dry, the paint still doesn't match. I've been using the paint to patch up the spots where the part came off the spur. Can anyone recommend a brand and color, or should I just paint the entire thing over? I don't mind painting it but small patching is easier of course. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X