Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After seeing the first video...I now have ZERO interest in the TongDE M60 tank. The details are so toylike that it would take way too much work than I am willing to put into this thing.

Comment

Hi Bob, I have a question. If I decide to purchase this tank, it would like to have the barrel recoil feature. For that, does it means that I will need to put a HL 7.1, HL6.1, the new TK26, or clark's boards and replace whatever board this tank has? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
        Hi Bob, I have a question. If I decide to purchase this tank, it would like to have the barrel recoil feature. For that, does it means that I will need to put a HL 7.1, HL6.1, the new TK26, or clark's boards and replace whatever board this tank has? Thank you!
        There's no mention of cannon recoil in the manual. There is a listing in it for an optional cannon recoil mechanism. No idea if it actually exists. Whatever board you use, you'd have to replace the airsoft mechanism with a recoil one.
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

This product is listed on Banggood. The gearbox looks identical, but the driveshaft is too short for the M60. Maybe someday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-14 084007.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	367051

Comment

Status: assembled out of the box stock. I used mostly silicone adhesive. I've found CA to be brittle & prone to breaking off in field conditions. Different topic, the controller seems to be like the HL 7.0; adjustable turn radius, turning speed, acceleration & braking. Turn airsoft on or off. HL or Tamiya style controls, along with the usual.

Name:	IMG_3186.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	367066

Name:	IMG_3185.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	367067

Name:	IMG_3187.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	367068

Name:	IMG_3188.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	367069

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
              Status: assembled out of the box stock. I used mostly silicone adhesive. I've found CA to be brittle & prone to breaking off in field conditions. Different topic, the controller seems to be like the HL 7.0; adjustable turn radius, turning speed, acceleration & braking. Turn airsoft on or off. HL or Tamiya style controls, along with the usual.

Name:	IMG_3186.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	367066

Name:	IMG_3185.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	367067

Name:	IMG_3187.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	367068

Name:	IMG_3188.jpg
Views:	452
ID:	367069
              Bob you got to get some of you great paint work on that thing and fast!!!

Comment

Status: assembled out of the box stock. I used mostly silicone adhesive. I've found CA to be brittle & prone to breaking off in field conditions.
                Can you kindly share with me the brand of silicone adhesive that you are using? I am also becoming very unhappy with the results from using the CA.

Comment

Just use Automotive black RTV for sealing gaskets
                  RC tank parts and accessories I make
                  www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

What's "RTV"?

Comment

What's "RTV"?
                      RVT is an auto silicon gasket seal maker. Basically a high strength rubber gel silicon.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	BE26427B-23D5-4C8D-B8E4-4C0A9C5090EB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.5 KB ID:	367090

Comment

Bob,in your opinion do you think the m60 is worth $400 and change in NZ money?

Comment

This is what I use, I get it at autozone or that other place that used to be kragen auto parts. Also napa.
                          RTV is a version of silicone that gets harder and vulcanizes at room temperature. Hence the designation RTV silicon. Its for making gaskets on car parts or sealing gaskets. It used to only come in blue and red but recent years it comes in black. Do not confuse this with non hardening gasket sealer. That stuff will make a mess of anything and is really used to coat both sides of an actual gasket to make it seal up good.
                          https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-8218...99660406&psc=1

Comment

What's "RTV"?
                            Room Temperature Vucanizing

a liquid or paste that becomes rubber like without needing to be heated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sappo View Post
                              Bob,in your opinion do you think the m60 is worth $400 and change in NZ money?
                              The M60 is generally the same quality as entry level Heng Longs, but with a weaker gearbox system. Compare the price to them. I want to give TD the benefit of the doubt and say the defects I discussed were isolated incidents. I do think the workers were in a rush to produce the tanks, and maybe relatively inexperienced. I'd wait just a little while to see others' comments on quality control. DKLM RC on Facebook is asking for comments from new owners, so keep an eye out there.

I'm an early adapter, so I like to take a chance on new things. My mottos:

"Money is just fun you haven't had yet."
                              "The heart wants what the heart wants."
                              "The value of something is equivalent to what you want to spend on it."

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post

Can you kindly share with me the brand of silicone adhesive that you are using? I am also becoming very unhappy with the results from using the CA.
                                David, I use "Professional Welder", a silicone adhesive available at Home Depot, Ace Hardware and Amazon. I've also used "Zap Goo" from my local hobby store. Both take a day to harden completely. Sometimes I'll also use CA to tack the part in place while the glue hardens.

Comment

First step painting; iraqi sand overspray, and steel and brown on the tracks.

Name:	M60A1 04.jpg
Views:	428
ID:	367200Click image for larger version

Name:	M60A1 05.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	380.1 KB
ID:	367199

Comment

Looking good Bob. Im looking forward to setting it up with my DKLM M60a3 and run them together.

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                                      Looking good Bob. Im looking forward to setting it up with my DKLM M60a3 and run them together.
                                      Looking forward to it, but it'll be a while. Gotta wait for gearbox replacements from DKLM. I'll bring it by as a work in progress on Sunday.

Comment

Back on post 24, I showed a metal gearbox. DKLMRC says they'll come available sometime after the CNY, when the factories start up again.

Getting close, almost done. The blue beacon is for desert training. Just wanted to bling mine up.

Name:	IMG_3194.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	367326

Name:	IMG_3193.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	367327

Comment

Bob you did a great job of making that thing look fancy.

Comment

Working...
                                          X