X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[By the way, this is not MY thread. Anybody with info is welcome.]

First, I have to say to prospective buyers, WAIT! Wait until we know more. I've had a lot of problems, the last being a broken sprocket! I'm working with DKLMRC and he will be talking to the factory to resolve the issues. It'll be a nice tank if they get fixed. Witness the following:

A couple more photos, now that the sun came out. It sure changes the perceived shade, doesn't it?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3196.jpg Views:	0 Size:	292.5 KB ID:	367397

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3197.jpg Views:	0 Size:	228.1 KB ID:	367396
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Have you found a way to reposition the suspension arms to give the tank more lift? As in to make it look more like it's supposed to? It would probably require adding a track link or two. That would be my guess.

Comment

Will an Abrams or Pershing sprocket fit.
        RC tank parts and accessories I make
        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
          Have you found a way to reposition the suspension arms to give the tank more lift? As in to make it look more like it's supposed to? It would probably require adding a track link or two. That would be my guess.
          No, doing something like that is in the future, when the gearboxes run the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
            Will an Abrams or Pershing sprocket fit.
            Good thought. But both are too narrow. The Abrams is the closest, but it's 40mm and the M60 is 42mm.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Good thought. But both are too narrow. The Abrams is the closest, but it's 40mm and the M60 is 42mm.
              Bob its not the width you need to look at it’s the sprocket hub “backspacing”. If either the Abrams or M26 have even a close to the M60 backspace then they should work. Given you will have to use Abrams or M26 tracks but will have a running tank (for Sunday 😉).

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Bob its not the width you need to look at it’s the sprocket hub “backspacing”. If either the Abrams or M26 have even a close to the M60 backspace then they should work. Given you will have to use Abrams or M26 tracks but will have a running tank (for Sunday 😉).
                Since the M60 gearboxes are dead, there's no point in swapping stuff. Maybe I can just push the M60 around? Actually I haven't set up the IR anyway. I will bring it for show and tell.

Comment

Since the M60 gearboxes are dead, there's no point in swapping stuff. Maybe I can just push the M60 around? Actually I haven't set up the IR anyway. I will bring it for show and tell.
                  Wait...what? The gearboxes are dead!!! When did that happen? I have only been away for a few days I must have missed that post.

Comment

Carson from DKLM RC just posted some metal upgrades that are coming soon for the TongDE tanks. Sorry about the order as I don't know why they randomly show as they do.

Attached Files

Comment

Has promise! From my experience though, two concerns: The gearbox cases are metal but what about the gears? And, the weak point would now be the idler. I see there is a metl tensioner to replace the plastic one, but how it screws into the plastic hull will take more stress. Fingers crossed.

tank_me, to your earlier post, to raise the height may be difficult with the torsion bar suspension. I'll leave that to others to figure out.

Comment

Carson from DKLM RC just posted some metal upgrades that are coming soon for the TongDE tanks. Sorry about the order as I don't know why they randomly show as they do.
                        That’s good to see the metal upgrades. But it will most likely be a while before they are actually available.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

That’s good to see the metal upgrades. But it will most likely be a while before they are actually available.
                          A while ago I found online the wholesale company that is manufacturing them. They wanted to know how many I wanted, minimum order 10! I'll wait for DKLM after CNY though.

Comment

So close! As you guys can see from my posts, I'm not letting go so easily on this challenge. Heng Long gears almost fit. The HL gears with the short shafts, like from my Panzer IV chassis, are the right diameter for the sprocket, the driveshafts are the right length, the axle screws are the same thread, everything would fit EXCEPT the mounting holes and some protrusions in the hull that brace the stock boxes. Both of these could be remedied but I won't do this unless as a last resort. After all, I've only had it for six days. (...ohh, so close...)

I will probably buy the metal kits - in for a penny in for a c-note - when they hit the market.

Comment

A FB post by DKLMRC states the metal upgrades raise the tank to a more prototypical height. No idea how, and he'll probably be offline until after CNY.

Comment

[By the way, this is not MY thread. Anybody with info is welcome.]

First, I have to say to prospective buyers, WAIT! Wait until we know more. I've had a lot of problems, the last being a broken sprocket! I'm working with DKLMRC and he will be talking to the factory to resolve the issues. It'll be a nice tank if they get fixed. Witness the following:

A couple more photos, now that the sun came out. It sure changes the perceived shade, doesn't it?

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3196.jpg Views:	0 Size:	292.5 KB ID:	367397

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3197.jpg Views:	0 Size:	228.1 KB ID:	367396
                                You did a great job Bob! Looking forward to see it live in person during next tank battle in SD. BTW, what is your technique of making those tarp, bag on the tank. Thanks.

Comment

Value gear makes great tarp rolls and cammo net rolls and crates.
                                  RC tank parts and accessories I make
                                  www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by ArmorBolt View Post

You did a great job Bob! Looking forward to see it live in person during next tank battle in SD. BTW, what is your technique of making those tarp, bag on the tank. Thanks.
                                    It's Value Gear. Resin cast, very detailed. Friendly seller.

Comment

At the SD battle:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E3212.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	367945Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E3213.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	280.5 KB
ID:	367946Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E3214.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	367948Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E3215.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	367949Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E3216.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	367947

Comment

Bob
                                        That thing looks great on the battle field

Comment

A few close up photos of Bobs M60 taken at the San Diego tank battle day on Jan 22 2023. Bobs paint work makes a inexpensive tank look like an expensive tank. Good job Bob 👍👍
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	E9C8DC02-4852-48BB-9C81-995156F2C3A1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.7 KB ID:	367973Click image for larger version  Name:	8F16A998-FF22-432F-98F2-6BF713388093.jpg Views:	0 Size:	183.7 KB ID:	367974Click image for larger version  Name:	65659481-4A15-4B16-A74B-72E0B9E5A814.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.3 KB ID:	367975Click image for larger version  Name:	AE41EFDB-02FC-48DE-94D3-F73220CAB3B8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.1 KB ID:	367972

Comment

Working...
                                          X