Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this time....the green M60A3.

Comment

• You can have the most fun doing your own paint job with that one. Lots of camo schemes out there.
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
        We know, just having some fun....
        Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by tank_me View Post

It's so hilarious to see people that know very little about tanks, making tanks.
          Boy do I have a movie for you. Did you ever see The Pentagon Wars? It's an older movie from 1998 with Kelsey Grammer and Carey Elwes. It's a comedy about the U.S. Governments total mismanagement and ridiculous over spending on the inept Bradley Fighting Vehicle

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
          It seems this is just a modified copy of a HL Abrams as it has all of the flaws of the HL version plus some. That tow bar on the front is tragic and the sad part is that is a part they could easily copy from someone else as there are now many different ones on the market. Trumpeter makes one in it's Abrams kit, Andy from Special Ops Models, and HL even makes one. The smoke dischargers are pointed into the TUSK plates. There is a relocation kit that comes with the TUSK system IRL that points them above the add-on plates. The engine door hinges on this kit are mounted upside down. The extended bustle rack is horrible. It looks like they put the on/off switch in the middle of the engine grates in the back. Everyone of these companies (except Hooben and Trumpeter on their SEP version) keeps putting that incorrect APU for an M1A2 in the turret basket. Those observations are just a small few of the issues as the HL Abrams has so many inaccuracies already.

I mean, I know there are a lot of version changes to the Abrams. I get that. I just don't get why it's so hard for them to do a correct Abrams. All they would have to do is pick reference photos of one tank and duplicate it. Instead they gather a bunch of photos of different tanks along the different versions of the Abrams and slap all the details from each model on it ultimately making a mishmash of incorrect features. The Hooben version of the Abrams is actually one of the better ones for correct detail that is, but I've never seen anyone that actually owns one.

Derek
          Pardon me for saying this but I love your candid nitpicking. 2 reasons why. 1. That there are people out there who can and do point out the inaccuracies And 2. Because I don't think of it as nitpicking at all I think of it as a learning experience for me for what I can do to upgrade and change things for myself.

For the most part all of our RC models have inaccuracies whether they be Heng Long Or Taigen Or Tamiya, etc. It just depends on what you are willing to accept or modify. The antenna tube on both sides of the Tiger I rear deck on virtually all brand models dumbfounds me since it's like the most produced RC tank.. Again to me it's balance of what I accept.

The other thing is when I visit model making web sites for whatever reason they are complaining tenfold about whatever model or model making company. It's way more brutal there.

Thanks again Derek keep sharing.

Chef

PS can anyone suggest replacement bustle bins with more realism for the HL Leopard 2A6? TIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
            You can have the most fun doing your own paint job with that one. Lots of camo schemes out there.
            One more set of questions Bob. If I plan to convert this M60 to an IR battle tank, does the Tongde board work with the LegoDEI receiver? Or do I need to replace it with the HL board? The IR unit that came with the tank isn't compatible with our battle setting, correct? Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidN View Post

One more set of questions Bob. If I plan to convert this M60 to an IR battle tank, does the Tongde board work with the LegoDEI receiver? Or do I need to replace it with the HL board? The IR unit that came with the tank isn't compatible with our battle setting, correct? Thank you!
              The IR circuitry is compatible with HL and Lego. The receiver is like the stock HL. With TD Tx & Rx, the emitter and receiver activates HL & Lego. I got about 30' emitter range on a Lego in shade. Of course you will want to upgrade both for IR battles.

I don't think you can interchange the Tongde Tx or Rx with HL, but I didn't try every combination, TD Tx w/HL 6.0 or 7.0 Rx or HL 6.0 0r 7.0 Tx with TD Rx. The instructions make appear to be similar to a 7.0. I installed a HL 7.0 Rx at the L.A. battle, but mainly to eliminate carrying an extra Tx. I'll be switching back sometime.

I did a couple of modifications you might consider. I replaced the hull screws with magnets so I could access the battery for replacement. There are some screw sockets on the bottom hull that leads me to believe they were going to put a plate over the torsion rods for the board and speaker. I made my own and secured it with screws.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3309.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	372038

Comment

• Originally posted by MrChef View Post
                Boy do I have a movie for you. Did you ever see The Pentagon Wars? It's an older movie from 1998 with Kelsey Grammer and Carey Elwes. It's a comedy about the U.S. Governments total mismanagement and ridiculous over spending on the inept Bradley Fighting Vehicle
                I just got through watching "The Pentagon Wars" on YouTube. I gotta say - that's the way things do get developed in our system. HaHa! Was a good flick.

Comment

• Thank you Bob for the clarification!

Comment

Thank you Bob for the clarification!
                    Just a little update; I decided to keep the HL 7.0 board, purely for cosmetic reasons. My taillight LED circuit goes to my Lego light. I plug my taillights into the brakelight circuit, and I plug my blue beacon into the gun aiming circuit. I couldn't get the brake and aiming lights to work on TD. Not sure why.

Comment

• Bob,

What sound set is loaded on the TD control board? Are they just using like the Leopard one?

Derek

Comment

• Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                        Bob,

What sound set is loaded on the TD control board? Are they just using like the Leopard one?

Derek
                        Gosh, I never changed it from what it came with. It's a diesel startup, no bells or buzzers, then settles down to a diesel like idle. If I get a chance, I'll hook up a speaker to it and do some fiddling.

edit: Ok, I checked; two sounds, a rackety diesel, and a smoother engine maybe gas.

Comment

With the upgraded metal version, the cost of each tank is approaching the $300 price tag. The shipping fee is at $200 each also.
                          Any information on the quality of the Tongde metal gearbox and metal track. Hopefully, they do not use the same supplier as Heng Long.

I made the mistake of getting the Heng Long Pro Version German Leopard 2A6. I ended up having to replace the gearbox with a Heng Xin and the track with Tamiya. Total investment is close to $500. Could have save $100 if I started with a plastic version.

Hopefully, some seller will stock the Tongde in US soon. Toucan?

Comment

• Looks like DKLM RC has the TD M60s back in stock both plastic and metal versions. The metal version are a bit pricey when the shipping is added. Almost $200 for shipping although it is air freight shipping.

Comment

• Shipping will be more affordable when they find a distributor in US and ship the tanks in bulk.

Comment

• Has anyone gotten their hands on a metal setup? David, R99? Now that DKLM is developing an A2 Starship turret, a metal body might be worth considering. My plastic setup, once the gearboxes were replaced is working fine, but it'd be nice to know if metal versions or metal upgrades are worth it. (Disclaimer, if it's what you want and can afford it, it's worth it!)

Comment

• Sorry Bob, at this time, I am reluctant to pay $500 for the upgraded version. I would like to wait a bit to see if price might come down. I still have many projects to work on.

Comment

• I just saw a previous post by DKLMRC regarding Tongde models; I quote: "few more models in the queue this year. Strumtiger [sic], Churchill VII and M18 Hellcat."

Comment

• I, looking forward to that Bradley and the M5 Stewart since mine is so fragile.
                                      RC tank parts and accessories I make
                                      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Someday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-05-08 112030.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	376961

Comment

• Sure...as soon as I print a Hellcat someone decides to make one... Oh well. An M5 Stuart would be cool also.

Comment

Working...
                                          X