Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta put in a plug for DKLM RC as a Tongde seller. He and I talked about the flaws I had encountered. Long story short, he has sent replacement gearboxes, sprockets and a gun pivot point at no cost. You say that's only what a seller should do? Yes, but I wouldn't count on AliExpress or Amazon sellers to do the same. He's also talked with the factory about the issues. I know this because they viewed my video clip I sent showing the problems. One result is that they will (I hope) be shipping the tanks with better foam packing, to withstand the impacts carriers inflict on packages. The original foam was the cheapest I've seen.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Bob that is encouraging thanks for staying on top of this Maybe if they get there ducks in a row and they see they sell tanks there will be more down the line
      We can only hope
      Thank you sir

Comment

Bob, I had to have the same conversation from the Torro guys when they shipped my R/C MRAPs. The doors weren't secured closed and they broke flying open during shipment. All it would've taken was a little tape to keep them shut. After complained I saw they started taping them shut.

Derek

Comment

DKLMRC sent me replacement gearboxes and now all is fine. I did tighten the idler, which also helped. The plastic track can flex side to side if it's too loose. I'll definitely get the metal upgrades. The plastic gearboxes make a lot of noise and will eventually wear out, as others have said.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
            DKLMRC sent me replacement gearboxes and now all is fine. I did tighten the idler, which also helped. The plastic track can flex side to side if it's too loose. I'll definitely get the metal upgrades. The plastic gearboxes make a lot of noise and will eventually wear out, as others have said.
            You will bring it to the LA Tank event this Saturday, correct? Thank you in advance

Comment

Definitely will bring it. I haven't upgraded the IR emitter and don't have time to do so beforehand, but ranges are short there and I want to see how it holds up to combat maneuvering. I did replace the TD main board with a HL 7.0, not because it was bad, but I wanted some of the auxiliary channels for lights, etc.

This is from a post on RCU. Of particular interest is the metal gears inside the metal gearbox. DKLM RC will be selling the metal upgrades. I don't know if there will be a full metal version, tank and all. Speaking of DKLM, he tests the TD tanks before he ships them. Better than dealing with returns. He and I both believe my damage was caused in shipping - somebody giving the box a twenty foot toss onto a hard floor, or some such.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-10 071734.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	369889

Comment

Now let's just hope those metal gears are steel and not pot metal. Yes I know it says steel, but I'll believe when a magnet sticks to it. Carson over at DKLM seems like a straight shooter. I've never bought anything from them simply because of shipping costs, but there do have a lot of stuff I would consider. The M60 looks much better in that pic being that it is sitting at a more correct height. I do think they are moving in the right direction with these tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                  Now let's just hope those metal gears are steel and not pot metal. Yes I know it says steel, but I'll believe when a magnet sticks to it. Carson over at DKLM seems like a straight shooter. I've never bought anything from them simply because of shipping costs, but there do have a lot of stuff I would consider. The M60 looks much better in that pic being that it is sitting at a more correct height. I do think they are moving in the right direction with these tanks.
                  Oh, there is almost certainly something steel in there. The shafts the gears mount on likely are. I do share your concern about the gears themselves. They dont have the look of steel.

Comment

Ran my tank at the 2/11 L.A. Tank event. No problems, no issues, landed some good hits, too!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                      Ran my tank at the 2/11 L.A. Tank event. No problems, no issues, landed some good hits, too!
                      It did fight well. It hit me several times and looked good doing it.

Comment

DKLM has posted metal upgrades. One can buy the gearboxes, or tracks, or a full set of tracks, suspension, road wheels, idlers and sprockets. He told me there will be full metal upgrade RTR tank versions in the future.

Comment

I post these updates for the benefit of our "facebook adverse" members!

My M60 with replaced plastic gearboxes and sprockets is holding up well so far - one battle day and numerous local drives, on uneven ground, concrete and uncut lawn. The only real negative is the noise, quite loud compared to HL.

So, to new news. Coolbank on FB has posted pictures of a TD M1 Abrams:

Click image for larger version  Name:	332237863_1268607357334992_8075656164901510261_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.8 KB ID:	371480Click image for larger version  Name:	332462554_917965396054113_4314948499049752589_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	371481Click image for larger version  Name:	332185863_1004624247591315_6392403418273426064_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	371478Click image for larger version  Name:	331798504_1556703841517318_4253425609693736671_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.7 KB ID:	371479

No further details, other than "price will be close to Heng Long's". DKLM carries the TD models, but hasn't listed this one yet.

Comment

Tongde produces a Leopard 2A7 tank. DKLM has on his website for $170 for plastic, plus $125 for the metal upgrade version. (Plus shipping of course.) DKLM details the metal parts and describes the gears as steel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_19003081.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.7 KB ID:	371486
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	_1900320.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.6 KB ID:	371484
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	_1900328.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.0 KB ID:	371485

Comment

Thanks for the post. None of the following is a dig on you as you are just the messenger.

It's so hilarious to see people that know very little about tanks, making tanks. It seems this is just a modified copy of a HL Abrams as it has all of the flaws of the HL version plus some. That tow bar on the front is tragic and the sad part is that is a part they could easily copy from someone else as there are now many different ones on the market. Trumpeter makes one in it's Abrams kit, Andy from Special Ops Models, and HL even makes one. The smoke dischargers are pointed into the TUSK plates. There is a relocation kit that comes with the TUSK system IRL that points them above the add-on plates. The engine door hinges on this kit are mounted upside down. The extended bustle rack is horrible. It looks like they put the on/off switch in the middle of the engine grates in the back. Everyone of these companies (except Hooben and Trumpeter on their SEP version) keeps putting that incorrect APU for an M1A2 in the turret basket. Those observations are just a small few of the issues as the HL Abrams has so many inaccuracies already.

I mean, I know there are a lot of version changes to the Abrams. I get that. I just don't get why it's so hard for them to do a correct Abrams. All they would have to do is pick reference photos of one tank and duplicate it. Instead they gather a bunch of photos of different tanks along the different versions of the Abrams and slap all the details from each model on it ultimately making a mishmash of incorrect features. The Hooben version of the Abrams is actually one of the better ones for correct detail that is, but I've never seen anyone that actually owns one.

Derek

Comment

Now that the metal upgrade for each M60 tank is available, I would like to have a M60 for my collection. I just want one out of the three M60 versions. Is there a specific one out of the 3 that is best for the $? If any member can point out for me, I am thankful.

Name:	_1890538.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	371803

Name:	_1900409.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	371804

Name:	m60a3usa1.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	371805

Comment

David, it's really the matter of what time and location you want to model. The Israeli (gray) and M60A1 (tan) are found in specific theatres. The M60A3 (green) was a Cold War warrior, and could be painted with various patterns. Also, I saw a rumor that there might be an M60A2 in development, sometimes called the "Starship", but I don't know if that's for the TD tank or the DKLM Okmo product or any timeline.

Name:	M60A2 (1).jpg
Views:	279
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	371808

Whichever one you get, be sure to include the metal gearbox. Since it's a closed box, some r/c car grease would quiet down the tank substantially.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                                    I just want one out of the three M60 versions.
                                    Really now? Just 1 out of the 3? This is Not the response I was expecting to see you post.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post

Really now? Just 1 out of the 3? This is Not the response I was expecting to see you post.

+1

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post

With the upgraded metal version, the cost of each tank is approaching the $300 price tag. The shipping fee is at $200 each also.

Comment

• We know, just having some fun....so, which way are you leaning?

Comment

Working...
                                          X