X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS-TK26 main Board

Found something interesting on FB. Toucan posted this as a new main board for r/c tanks. Zipper, is this the one you are working with? I was interested in the listing of sounds, number 7 specifically.

7 sound effects: Leopard2 A6, Tiger II, Tiger I, Abrams M1A2, Walker Bulldog, StugIII, Panzer VIII, Maus.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	323221140_714889476667103_1941551221799045683_n.jpg
Views:	1764
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	366188

Name:	324245124_5582069565235479_1579589320638928629_n.jpg
Views:	1545
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	366189
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Bob,

The main differences I can see here from the other Canshuo 6.1 is that the CS (Canshuo) TK-26 has a built in ESC section where the CS 6.1 ESC is a separate module. The other differences would be the 6.1 has only 4 sounds and this says 7. It also seems that the TK-26 gives you the ability to change individual sounds like the turret turning, elevation, mg sounds, etc. Everything else pretty much looks the same except the new transmitter.

Comment

My apologies, tank-me. I hadn't realized it was you who had done an extensive checkout of the other board. I have an email in to Toucan to see if they sell this setup.

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-07 135836.jpg
Views:	1136
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	366209

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
        Found something interesting on FB. Toucan posted this as a new main board for r/c tanks. Zipper, is this the one you are working with? I was interested in the listing of sounds, number 7 specifically.

7 sound effects: Leopard2 A6, Tiger II, Tiger I, Abrams M1A2, Walker Bulldog, StugIII, Panzer VIII, Maus.​

Name:	323221140_714889476667103_1941551221799045683_n.jpg
Views:	1764
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	366188

Name:	324245124_5582069565235479_1579589320638928629_n.jpg
Views:	1545
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	366189
        Bob I wonder if the “Walker bulldog” sound effect is what we are hearing in the recent TD M60 YouTube video of the 7.0 being used by TD.

Knowing HL they would not have likely done a custom sound effect for a low production run order.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that I hadn’t heard that effect before.

Comment

My apologies, tank-me. I hadn't realized it was you who had done an extensive checkout of the other board. I have an email in to Toucan to see if they sell this setup.

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-07 135836.jpg
Views:	1136
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	366209
            No worries. I do like that the controller uses the now standard 18650 2S battery pack instead of AA batteries.

Comment

Bob, let us know what you find out...I'm interested for sure.

I have inquired to my Toucan source as well....Chinese New Year runs fron the 19th to the 29th according to my source, so we shall see

Comment

They're available on AliExpress for about $80 including shipping, and the boards for $20ish, but let's see if Toucan can beat that..

Comment

YK 26 controler use 1s/800 mA.

Comment

Guess I didn't see the 14500 on it. Still it's nice not to run on AAs regardless.

Comment

Bought it....we shall see...

$11 more than on Aliexpress, but at least it will ship speedpack....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22532216258...Cclp%3A2047675

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32548011334...Cclp%3A2047675

Port CN13 "Photoelectric Gun Lifter" ??? Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post

No worries. I do like that the controller uses the now standard 18650 2S battery pack instead of AA batteries.
                        I much prefer AA batteries over rechargeable batteries, especially if it a lipo

Do you think it will alow stick swapping so you can drive on the left and use turret function on the right? That would be nice. I came from model warships and thats how we set up radios, most of us. So I drive on the left. I can play with henglong tanks but my driving is slow and not intuitive and I have a very uncoordinated time trying to battle a henglong radio tank. So I have never used them. Thats really the reason I spend big money on after market boards to use my DX8 so that I can drive the way I can. Now that that the HL boards offer servo elevation and recoil they are almost there to replace the expensive boards, though hit counting for class in IR battle would be nice to add in there as well.
                        RC tank parts and accessories I make
                        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Ken; Toucan quoted $85 including shipping to me, so you didn't spend much more. The change in price was due to the exchange rate. Oh well. It'll be fun to experiment with. One thing to compare might be the smoothness of the driving control. I'm also going to see if range is any better. That's not a big deal, but would be a nice plus. We'll see!

Rich; take a look at the function settings on the second sheet. Apparently there are control options, not sure if it includes a mode swap. You may have to find a higher resolution jpeg online to read it.

Comment

Yeah that looked to me like it was stick inversion like up becomes down left becomes right, Not stick swapping but when you guys get them try it and let me know.

Comment

Rich, I have an 6.0 HL MFU that does something different, is this what you're looking for? It's controlled by "hold button G down and move left stick down". Not all my MFU's do the following. When selected:

Mode A

RS up/down controls forward/backward movement.
                              RS left/right turns the tank.

LS up/down controls gun elevation.
                              LS left/right turns the turret.

Mode B

LS up/down controls forward/backward movement.

RS up/down controls gun elevation.

If this is what you're looking for, you're welcome to the MFU.

Comment

Rich, I have an 6.0 HL MFU that does something different, is this what you're looking for? It's controlled by "hold button G down and move left stick down". Not all my MFU's do the following. When selected:

Mode A

LS left/right turns the tank.

RS left/right turns the turret.

Mode B

If this is what you're looking for, you're welcome to the MFU.
                                That is the Tamiya mode. Rich wants the same as a stock HL but with left stick doing what the right does and right doing what the left does.

Comment

Ah. Oh, and oops, I got the HL mode sticks mixed up. I changed it on my post. I just took a spare controller apart. The gimbals are soldered to the board, no way to reroute any wires. Dang.

Comment

I already took one all apart to see if I could rewire the sticks lol.
                                    Yeah the new HLs will let you switch to tamiya mode where forward is left sick and turn i right stick. Then the turret is split between both sticks. Its wonky. I know one person that set all his tamiyas up like this. Try driving one of them and your all over the place because the tank wont do what your brain wants it to. I only drove his once that was enough.

As I say, I drive on the left, fight on the right.

Comment

Turn the CS controller upside down and invert the needed stick directions! Just kidding....

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                                        As I say, I drive on the left, fight on the right.
                                        That's the way I prefer it also and set all my Clarks and TCBs up this way.

Comment

Working...
                                        X