You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official RotorScale AS350 Alpine Yellow and Red 450 Size Helicopter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom
    replied
    Yes, this is true with the UH-1 as well. You are on the list to get a MicroBeast Plus. We will setup the orders and send them out tomorrow. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Leave a comment:

• Gravythe clown
    replied
    Is this with the UH-1 as well? I ordered one of them on Friday.

gravy

Leave a comment:

• Tom
    replied
    As luck would have it, or not, the factory forgot to install the MicroBeast Plus into our entire order. They are still sitting at the factory. Therefore, they will all be available without a microbeast Plus. For anyone who already purchased a RotorScale 450 and thought they were receiving a MicroBeast with it, we're sending one out to all of you. We lowered the price on our website to reflect the fact the MicroBeast Plus is not included.

Leave a comment:

• Tom
    replied
    Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
    I see that the RotorScale 450 helis are back in stock and they now ship with a MicroBeast-Plus FBL and now have: "upgraded internals". I have three questions:

1. What are the "upgraded internals"?
    2. Can I order it without the uBeast FBL?
    3. I have 5 of the older/original models - am I now out of luck with regards to spare parts?
    Sorry, there are so many threads on here, sometimes it is impossible to follow all of them. We try. If you need a question answered very quickly, please open a ticket with our support. We will eventually see it here but sometimes it is difficult. I'll try to answer all of your questions:
    1) Upgraded internals - The new internals are backward compatible with the old ones. They are made with more consistency with better tolerance from a better supplier with better knowledge of metallurgy. They are now made by the same manufacturer who makes the mechanics for the 600 ARF bundles we were selling (we will setup that bundle again).
    2) Currently, they are only available with a microbeast pre-installed. That said, we're checking our inventory and it appears the manufacturer may have forgotten to install some of the microbeasts. Give us a couple days to check more inventory. You may b e able to buy it without a microbeast even though that was not the original plan.
    3) You are not out of luck at all with regards to spare parts. All are backward compatible.

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Crickets?!
    Difficult/awkward answers I can handle - but silence? Not so much!
    ridgerunner Our team has gotten the message and are working on getting us an update for you. But as much as we try to be all over the forums, it's hard to see every single post here. Your best bet to get direct answers from Motion RC will always be to call, live chat or email us directly here: https://www.motionrc.com/pages/pre-sale-questions

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    I have forwarded your questions to our team...There should be some kind of response shortly.

Leave a comment:

• ridgerunner
    replied
    I see that the RotorScale 450 helis are back in stock and they now ship with a MicroBeast-Plus FBL and now have: "upgraded internals". I have three questions:

3. I have 5 of the older/original models - am I now out of luck with regards to spare parts?
    Crickets?!
    Difficult/awkward answers I can handle - but silence? Not so much!

Leave a comment:

• TiredIronGRB
    replied
    I'm using the Brain2 in my UH-1 and it does great.

Leave a comment:

• RCFlyer51
    replied
    Contacted MRC about the MicroBeast firmware as delivered. As delivered the MB will not have attitude control capability, you will need to purchase the Pro upgrade at about $99 to get that capability.

Danny

Leave a comment:

• RCFlyer51
    replied
    I would also like to know what firmware version is on the MicroBeast Plus, does it include Safe/Attitude control?

Danny

Leave a comment:

• Topshot19
    replied
    Ya I’m curious too oh what is going on. They aren’t offering any remarks on it.

Leave a comment:

• ridgerunner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Topshot19
    replied
    Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Hi Chief58D, as you requested, attached are the adjusted files for the AS350. The LED mounts are now affixed with screws instead of glue.

If you had any questions about specific 3DPUP files, where they go, or how they're attached, just post and one of us can chime in. I titled the files with a prefix that states which general area, then you can cross reference these photos to confirm the exact location.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190704_165907.jpg Views:	0 Size:	219.9 KB ID:	204294Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190704_165856.jpg Views:	0 Size:	255.4 KB ID:	204295
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190704_165646.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.3 KB ID:	204293Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190704_170038.jpg Views:	0 Size:	301.0 KB ID:	204296

The LEDs install very simply. More detail in one of my earlier posts on Page 1. Now, both belly LEDs and the Searchlight are screw-on, and the searchlight is also adjustable for angle.

I'm still working on the exhaust and static winch.
    hey alpha do you know when these and similar 450's will be back in stock? i missed the first batch. motion team says they aren't sure when they are coming back.

Leave a comment:

• RaisedByWolves
    replied
    Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Hi Chief58D, as you requested, attached are the adjusted files for the AS350. The LED mounts are now affixed with screws instead of glue.

If you had any questions about specific 3DPUP files, where they go, or how they're attached, just post and one of us can chime in. I titled the files with a prefix that states which general area, then you can cross reference these photos to confirm the exact location.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190704_165907.jpg Views:	0 Size:	219.9 KB ID:	204294Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190704_165856.jpg Views:	0 Size:	255.4 KB ID:	204295
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190704_165646.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.3 KB ID:	204293Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190704_170038.jpg Views:	0 Size:	301.0 KB ID:	204296

The LEDs install very simply. More detail in one of my earlier posts on Page 1. Now, both belly LEDs and the Searchlight are screw-on, and the searchlight is also adjustable for angle.

I'm still working on the exhaust and static winch.
    Thanks for the files, now to find someone to print them.

Any luck on the exhaust?

Leave a comment:

• RotorHead19
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyclone 7 View Post
    Sounds almost as if they are mismatched components - grips often have one larger and one smaller diameter main bearing. Perhaps you have a smaller bearing where the larger ought to be?
    I did check that with my digital calipers and the larger diameter race is in first, when it's all tight and looking into the blade grip around the bearings there is an obvious gap and the grip housing moves around the bearings,its about 1/2mm gap. I also switched the two races around, small in and larger out just to see and no change. Typically the larger race is normally in, thats how my Trex 470 is. I flew it with the fuselage on a couple days ago and not pleased, it bobs all over the place nose to tail pretty sure its due to the play, as I mentioned earlier out at the blade tips I have 15mm travel due to play. Not happy at all with this. I noticed ALZRC has a Devil 450 that looks really nice much better and nicer design than this old frame, but now I would have to pay another $125 to get the AS 350 right! Not a bad price for the kit though. There are quite a few threads on there other helis and videos, people seem to be quite impressed with the quality and performace of them. https://alpha-rc-heli.com/shop/devil...it-alzrc-copy/

Leave a comment:

• Cyclone 7
    replied
    Sounds almost as if they are mismatched components - grips often have one larger and one smaller diameter main bearing. Perhaps you have a smaller bearing where the larger ought to be?

Leave a comment:

• RotorHead19
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyclone 7 View Post
    Try here - I use them for all my Tarot needs. Excellent service, reliable delivery and I have never known them to be out of stock of any part that I have ordered. Been using them for a few years now - all genuine Tarot parts.

The play that you have described is excessive and unacceptable......... it most certainly is not 'normal', despite what you have been told!
    Thanks for the link, I will check it out. On the play I agree, out at the blade tip from where its resting to raising it up I have 15mm play!!!!!! The thrust washers and bearings are installed correctly, the main bearings wont even stay in the blade grips if I turn the blade grip up the sealed bearings just fall out under there own weight. They definitely machined it wrong, there should be a little resistance putting them in and on all my other helis this is how they are and you have to press them in a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Cyclone 7
    replied
    Try here - I use them for all my Tarot needs. Excellent service, reliable delivery and I have never known them to be out of stock of any part that I have ordered. Been using them for a few years now - all genuine Tarot parts.

The play that you have described is excessive and unacceptable......... it most certainly is not 'normal', despite what you have been told!

Leave a comment:

• RotorHead19
    replied
    Originally posted by ruel View Post
    do you have a video for this?
    I have a 10 second video on my camera, but it says its too big to load? I flew the airframe only, I put some 450 skids on it, and it actually flew ok, I was surprised so I put it in the fuselage and have not got a chance to fly it with it on due to weather. I did notify Motion on this and he said that this was normal and the smaller heli's have play and its acceptable, I had a 450 a few years ago and it did not have as much play as this one. My 470LP has Zero play in the blade grips and is smooth as butter. I did find another head for it online and when I received it, I checked it and it has no play and is perfect. Only thing is the screw where it goes through the mainshaft sits higher than the stock! I cant seem to win with this, and trying to find parts for it is a real bugger, there are so many different versions of the old 450 flybarless versions, I was afraid this might happen due to Motion using a 14 year old airframe. The head I got is a Tarot version for Trex and the hole needs to be 11mm down from the top of the shaft, for the one I got to work. I may try and drill the main shaft but then I have to take the whole heli apart to do this, so I am going to wait and see how it flys. I also noticed Motion has 8 of these left for sale and they are not selling to fast, almost wish I did not buy it now due to the old airframe. There are quite a few of the Tarot 450 pro versions out there to buy new, but getting parts seems difficult.

Leave a comment:

• ruel
    replied
    do you have a video for this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X