You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official RotorScale AS350 Alpine Yellow and Red 450 Size Helicopter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard that MRC was discontinuing the RotorScale 450 size line of helicopters. Anyone have further information?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
      Not sure about the spectrum beast X but the Microbeast plus has a setting you can get to using the Bluetooth adapter that lets you set the CW or CCW of the main head. This helps with also with parameter F Torque precompensation.

I had an issue with tail blow out on punch outs and when I got the Bluetooth adapter I found it was in CCW on a CW 450. Switched it and it made all the difference.
      but make sure on F Torque precompensation that you have it set correctly compared to what you set in Setup F Rudder Direction.

Gravy
      Is the CW/CCW setting also accessible using the USB adapter? I tried looking for this setting using USB and could not find it and when I downloaded the app, it appears to be the same interface as the PC. Seems like I am having similar issues and want to see if this change will help.

Comment

• Not sure I have not used the usb.
        You won’t find it in the “basic Heli setup”. It’s in the “parameter setup”.

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
          Not sure I have not used the usb.
          You won’t find it in the “basic Heli setup”. It’s in the “parameter setup”.

Gravy
          Great Ill check there again. Thanks!

Comment

• Any else run into an issue with the head on this heli being loose? I can literally move the blade grips up and down. I tried taking it off, added some lube, screwed it back together as tight as I can can get it but it's still loose. WTH? I have to say, in taking the blade grips apart, this is the worst setup I have ever encountered. I don't know how you can get this tight to where three no play. in fact even on my other one (Airwolf) it is slightly loose though not nearly as bad as the AS350. Now I"m tempted to swap this head out for DFC since I am using a 6s setup. Has anyone else done this? I don't trust this head at all. the feathering shaft should not teeter totter at all. video here:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
              Heard that MRC was discontinuing the RotorScale 450 size line of helicopters. Anyone have further information?
              this would not surprise me since the mechanics are crap. The fuse is very nice and all but in my opinion some of the worst mechanics I have seen. Not to mention poor customer service from the so called Heli tech over there.

Comment

• Originally posted by bpjacobsen View Post
                Any else run into an issue with the head on this heli being loose? I can literally move the blade grips up and down. I tried taking it off, added some lube, screwed it back together as tight as I can can get it but it's still loose. WTH? I have to say, in taking the blade grips apart, this is the worst setup I have ever encountered. I don't know how you can get this tight to where three no play. in fact even on my other one (Airwolf) it is slightly loose though not nearly as bad as the AS350. Now I"m tempted to swap this head out for DFC since I am using a 6s setup. Has anyone else done this? I don't trust this head at all. the feathering shaft should not teeter totter at all. video here:

https://youtu.be/M-TxuetAFLI
                Yeah I ran into that problem with the head and just about everything else. Replaced the head a few months ago. That head is S@@t. Sorry for my French but no other way to describe it.

Comment

• I hardly ever ran the stock head on mine. Switched it out for a more scale 3 blade head pretty quickly.

Comment

• Found it easy to find good replacement parts for all the crap that was on the this helicopter. Yes it cost some money. The problem I see now is the fuse. If I smack this thing up, there is no place to buy the fuse or the front or back only. MRC has been out of stock on the fuse replacement parts forever that I can recall. Only other option is to buy another kit for $352.00 delivered and you better do it before they run out of stock because it could be a least a year before they are back in inventory. As I said above I heard they may be discontinuing the RotorScale line. Looking at the bright side, its a beautiful looking shelf queen.

Comment

• Can somebody send send me a link 2A good DFC option?? I'm definitely replacing this head On both of mine. I saw a couple of them at Amazon that Seemed pretty decent I don't really want to spend more than 40 bucks On a head if I can help it

Comment

• Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
                        Found it easy to find good replacement parts for all the crap that was on the this helicopter. Yes it cost some money. The problem I see now is the fuse. If I smack this thing up, there is no place to buy the fuse or the front or back only. MRC has been out of stock on the fuse replacement parts forever that I can recall. Only other option is to buy another kit for $352.00 delivered and you better do it before they run out of stock because it could be a least a year before they are back in inventory. As I said above I heard they may be discontinuing the RotorScale line. Looking at the bright side, its a beautiful looking shelf queen.
                        Amazon has some fuses that should work with these and not bad pricing either. Not sure if the quality is as good since they don't appear to be Roban but how bad can it be?

Comment

• Was just on MRC website. The rotorscale line has a significant price increase. The yellow AS350 was $339 and now $419.

Comment

• Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                            I use a small piece of duct tape on each one. BTW - this part is quite fragile so be sure to land carefully!
                            You forgot to mention that they are also constantly out of stock, which is nice.🙄

Comment

Working...
                            X